Haxmons (Playable on Aqua)

Just thought of this have no idea if someone already has or if it even works but seems interesting:

Camerupt @ Focus Sash
Ability: Anger Point
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Lava Plume/Flame Charge
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Ancient Power

Vinc2612

The V stands for VGC
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Flamethrower in the first slot
It's probably too slow to work, even after a boost Tauros is faster, so probably a better anger point user. Otherwise, you may try rock polish over ancient power (anger point boosting your atk to max levels anyway). Also I'd give it a lum for easier set-up but both items have their perks

Vinc2612

The V stands for VGC
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Camerupt also loses to icebeam/waterfall(shuriken) greninja lol

And that's not even the point, like, really useless comment

Greninja dies to quite a lot of things, but especially to flinch-proof or priority. Hell, why not both? CoughlucarioanddragoniteCough. It's like frail, and set-up bait.
I wouldn't go that far. Greninja has priority of its own in Water Shuriken, which is only outsped by Extremespeed, Fake Out and Feint, and has great offensive presence with high speed and strong attacks with good effects like Scald, Ice Beam, Dark Pulse, Extrasensory and Waterfall. And how is it set-up bait exactly? The only thing that can really set up on it is Lapras with Ancientpower, but that's about it, as it is kind of hard to set up with normal set-up moves in this metagame. You and Dark4Ever are going on two extremes here.

I don't know if anyone else has noticed, but 95% acc moves will still be able to hit if the user is holding a Wide Lens

I know I'm possibly very late to the party, but has anyone tried Sneasel? Inner Focus + good speed + Ice Punch and Bite + cannot be frozen + Gengar can't touch it.

Xylen

Perfect Harmony.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I know I'm possibly very late to the party, but has anyone tried Sneasel? Inner Focus + good speed + Ice Punch and Bite + cannot be frozen + Gengar can't touch it.
Any reason why you're using it over Weavile? Its both stronger and faster. Sneasel is also pretty frail, only reason i see to use it is Ice Punch Fake Out Bite.

Grim

The Ghost
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
The only thing it really has over its bigger bro is Inner Focus, which admittedly is amazing, but Weavile's extra speed is actually important in a meta where scarf Greninja is standard (can't say for sure tho because I never actually tried Sneasel). If you lack an Inner Focus poke or you just want to be very sure you don't get flinch haxed Sneasel might be good, but otherwise I think Weavile would just be superior.

Btw, Sneasel does not like Iron Head, so it's far from a reliable flinch answer.

Any reason why you're using it over Weavile? Its both stronger and faster. Sneasel is also pretty frail, only reason i see to use it is Ice Punch Fake Out Bite.
Weavile does not have Inner Focus. The ability to be immune to the 2 biggest status, and being able to dish both status back with STAB is pretty impressive imo.
The only thing it really has over its bigger bro is Inner Focus, which admittedly is amazing, but Weavile's extra speed is actually important in a meta where scarf Greninja is standard (can't say for sure tho because I never actually tried Sneasel). If you lack an Inner Focus poke or you just want to be very sure you don't get flinch haxed Sneasel might be good, but otherwise I think Weavile would just be superior.

Btw, Sneasel does not like Iron Head, so it's far from a reliable flinch answer.
I am not really using it as an answer to flinch in specific. I just stumbled across it when I wanted a fast flincher which happens to be immune to flinch itself. Besides, Sneasel outspeeds most users of Iron Head anyway. Though admittedly since Stench got banned, its flinch immunity isn't that significant anymore compared to faster flinchers.

Last edited:

Xylen

Perfect Harmony.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Weavile does not have Inner Focus. The ability to be immune to the 2 biggest status, and being able to dish both status back with STAB is pretty impressive imo.
I am not really using it as an answer to flinch in specific. I just stumbled across it when I wanted a fast flincher which happens to be immune to flinch itself. Besides, Sneasel outspeeds most users of Iron Head anyway. Though admittedly since Stench got banned, its flinch immunity isn't that significant anymore compared to faster flinchers.
252+ Atk Dragonite Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Sneasel on a critical hit: 237-279 (94.4 - 111.1%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Lucario Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Sneasel on a critical hit: 268-316 (106.7 - 125.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Sneasel on a critical hit: 565-666 (225 - 265.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

This are all some of the common Priority Users, which from the calc, mostly OHKOs. While having Inner Focus can be useful, the only thing you can do with it is freeze something and flinch whatever's faster. Its also fairly frail compared to Dnite or even Lapras in this case.

Grim

The Ghost
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Sneasel does outspeed most users of iron head (or other flinch moves), but they often have ways to boost their speed, or have strong priority.

252+ Atk Dragonite Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Sneasel on a critical hit: 237-279 (94.4 - 111.1%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Lucario Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Sneasel on a critical hit: 268-316 (106.7 - 125.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Sneasel on a critical hit: 565-666 (225 - 265.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

This are all some of the common Priority Users, which from the calc, mostly OHKOs. While having Inner Focus can be useful, the only thing you can do with it is freeze something and flinch whatever's faster. Its also fairly frail compared to Dnite or even Lapras in this case.
Being immune to practically the 2 most disruptive status in this metagame means it can afford to run Eviolite. With Eviolite, it reaches a respectable what is equivalent of 55/91/121 bulk, which is about Rotom-W level bulk.
252+ Atk Dragonite Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Eviolite Sneasel on a critical hit: 158-187 (62.9 - 74.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Sneasel Ice Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Multiscale Dragonite on a critical hit: 312-368 (96.5 - 113.9%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO

252+ Atk Life Orb Lucario Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Eviolite Sneasel on a critical hit: 178-211 (70.9 - 84%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Sneasel Low Kick (80 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Lucario on a critical hit: 282-332 (100.3 - 118.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

It's basically a faster but worse typing Lucario that cannot be frozen. While I do agree it certainly is still not as good as Lucario, I basically use it to do the same job as Lucario, but also to check Gengar, which troubled my team somewhat when I was using Lucario in that slot.

EDIT: now that I thin of it, I could just have used Lum Dragonite.

Currently second on the ladder, even though i can't say I feel proey att all. In this meta the difference between a win and a loss is very narrow though (which is why I like it so much), so I guess that's as it should be. Reeeaally like playing Haxmons, even though there are a lot of safe card pokes, I think you can get very creative and really have to make every move right. Love it.

Anyhow, a couple of observations:
I think the average player underestimates priority. Priority is everything. Speed is also huge, but priority is more valuable. A lot of people run Aerodactyl, for instance. That's like the easisest poke to kill there is. I have two pokes without priority on my team (and those two are scarfed, heh). Also I've seen a lot of people not running max speed on their non-lapras/kabutops (or otherwise bulky) pokes. I can't think of one poke who's better off with power than with speed.
Another, quite unexpected feature of this meta is that physical attacks outclasses special attacks. I mean I have Excadrill, Talonflame, Kabutops (altough he is part special ofc), Kyurem-b and physical Lucario (with Vacuum Wave for those x4s). And i still feel the need to use max speed max attack Gengar. I ran special Luc and Gengar before because i thought it'd better to have some special power as well, but they just aren't as good.

I feel some of the pokes I use are quite underrated, especially Talonflame and Kyruem-b. Sure, they're both quite occuring but man are they helpful. Kyruem-B is the best Lapras/Kabutops-killer there is. It never dies from an unboosted Ancient Power and is always faster (scarfed ofc) after the boost and OHKO's with Teravolt Fusion Bolt. It doesn't take shit from their other commons attacks either. And Talonflame is just so easy to use and is a great revenge killer beacuse of his hard hitting Brave Birds.
Maybe it's just because of what I use but I think Conkeldurr is very underrated too. Really hard to switch into if the opponent predicts right (Gengar does not like Ice Punch or Knock Off). Hits super hard, Mach Punch, Guts and is quite bulky. He can be a handful, but is almost never used. Sharpedo can be annoying too (that priority aqua jet makes it superior to Yanmega and Scolipede). With counters eliminated they're both tough opponents, at least tougher than their usage would imply.

And yeah, Kabutops is soo damn good. Can't be stressed enough. Just as it can't be stressed enough how overrated Charizard-Y is. No priority, no party.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)