1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Haxorus (Female Dragon Dance)

Discussion in 'Locked / Outdated Analyses' started by Thepokedudeman, Dec 27, 2011.

1. Thepokedudeman

Thepokedudeman

[​IMG]
    [Overview]
    <p> Haxorous has a new ability called Rivlalry, which can be very useful, but I'm going to use Haxorous a way most people would've never thought of. With access to attract, this set just might work, for me, and you.

[Set]
    Move 1: Attract
    Move 2: Dragon Dance
    Move 3: Dual Chop
    Move 4: Brick Break
    Item: Leftovers
    Ability: Rivalry
    Nature: Adamant
    EVs: 252 Atk/252 Spd/4 HP

[Set Comments]
    - With most pokemon being male, Attract is the perfect option for a female Haxorous
    - With pokemon falling in love like you like 6 year-olds to Justin Bieber, you have a perfect opportunity to set up a Dragon Dance or two
    - Using Dual Chop over Dragon Claw is for pokemon who are behind Substitutes(Whimsicott), are holding a Focus Sash(Alakazam), or have the Sturdy Ability(Foretress)
    - Brick Break is simply a move for extra type coverage, and nothing more.
    - Rivalry works well on the female pokemon that you can't Attract, so your attacks receive an extra boost for those who don't fall in love with you
    - Leftovers is good for Haxorous so you can recover some health, really doesn't need an explanation

[Additional Comments]
    - A Dragon Dance set is very valuble, although you have no bulk, so watch out for potential OHKO'ers
    - Machamp wrecks you if you don't Attract it or get a high enough Attack boost
    - Because of Rivalry, you don't do as much damage to male pokemon as much as female

[Other Options]
    - If you absoloutely have to use Dragon Claw, then you're more than welcome
    - Lum Berry will most likely be the second best item for this set, although a Focus Sash might work...
    - Earthquake is your best move to replace Brick Break, although using Rock Slide or Shadow Claw isn't a bad idea, either

[Checks and Counters]
    - Machamp pretty much 2HKO's with a Dynamic Punch
    - Ice attacks will 2HKO you respectively
    - Taunt will be a major setback for this set
    - Good check to dragon types that are male
  2. TM13IceBeam

TM13IceBeam

Oh god fix the font

and really does this even work
  3. Thepokedudeman

Thepokedudeman

Yes it does work, and i apolligize for the font. I'll fix it now
  4. Komodo

Komodo I have a custom title?
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

This has already been moved to locked and outdated once before, it's pretty dumb. Relying on a Pokemon's gender is unreliable, and seriously, Attract is an awful move. If you keep posting terrible sets, you're going to receive a lot more warnings. Please, lurk a little before posting for the sake of it.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)