move 1: Substitute
move 2: Dragon Dance
move 3: Dragon Tail
move 4: Earthquake / Brick Break
item: Leftovers
nature: Jolly
EVs: 252 HP / 36 Def / 220 Spe

Why this set deserves to be on-site:

• All Haxorus sets posted on-site are sweepers. No supporting or phazing one is commented.
  • This set works as an annoyer and is hard to get rid of if played right and with the right teammates, as Haxorus will need support to eliminate beforehand some potential threads.

Additional comments:

• Earthquake hits harder after a DD and helps to get rid of steel types while Brick Break adds coverage against ice types.
  • Brick Break acts as support for breaking Reflects and Barriers, which can potentially threat your team.

Teammates & counters:

• Always Magnezone (traps Steel types).
  • Stealth rockers and Spikers (to fully use Dragon Tail).

can't see the point of this set. there is Dragonite that is way better at doing this, in primis thanks to roost and Multiscale. what are the advantages of haxorus?

Honestly, I think Haxorus does not have the bulk or resistances to use this type of a set. It's pretty much outclassed by Sub+Hone Claws Kyurem-B and Dragonite due to their significantly greater bulk and access to reliable recovery. Moreover, increases your speed while relying on a move with negative priority doesn't seem like a good idea to me.

I could see an OO mention of Roar + Mold Breaker to beat Baton Pass in Haxorus' revamp, but, as has already been said, any set using Dragon Tail has no use over other, much bulkier Dragons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)