Hazards- speed- attacking My OU team

Hey guys Suspect here with my first rate my team
ive played OU for the past few weeks and changed my team back and forth and have found the most success with this team so far
but i still have alot to learn and would appreciate any help

my team is basically about setting up hazards then hitting hard with high speed

im ranked about 1500 in OU
and here is my team

Big Bird (Skarmory) @ Custap Berry
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 Def / 4 SDef / 252 HP
Impish Nature
IVs: NaN Atk / NaN SAtk
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock
- Whirlwind
- Roost

Originally i ran forretress with rapid spin and all the hazards but i found he was dying way to easy and he was just basically fodder with skarmory at least he has whirlwind and roost to stay alive for longer
hes here to rack up stealth rocks damage and generally to be a pain in the ass. Custap berry ensures i almost always get at minimum a layer of spikes up against rocks

( Custap BerryHolder moves first in its priority bracket when at 1/4 max HP or less. Single use )

SarahJessicaParker (Tentacruel) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Rain Dish
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 SDef
Modest Nature
IVs: NaN Atk
- Giga Drain
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin
- Scald

With Forretress gone i needed a good spinner with some bulk
im happy to change him and he does do a pretty good job at staying alive in the rain, im also not sure if i should use scald or sludge bomb
i force alot of fire type switches such as heatran with tentacruel so i always get away with not running a water move despite being completely walled by heatran without one

headonlymumwudlove (Garchomp) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Fire Fang
- Stone Edge

ah l love scarfchomp, i have him set to timid to out speed all dragons with the exception of timid scarf latias/latios, the set is pretty standard and if i can get any steel types off the field it means scarfchomp just sweeps with outrage
earthquake hits heatran pretty well and personally i think fire fang is pretty useless it doesn't do all that much to foretress or ferrothorn which is originally why i had it there
and i have only ever used stone edge i think once in about 100 games

BlueScreenOfDeath (Porygon2) @ Eviolite
Trait: Download
EVs: 4 SAtk / 252 HP / 252 SDef
Calm Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Recover
- Discharge
- Ice Beam

i put porygon in the team basicly to take hits and twave pokes
more than happy to get rid of him im just not to sure what this team needs, ive used dragonite, keledo heatran and terrakon before him and personally dont think they gel all to well

possibly a jellicent so i can swap into rapid spinner ?

ron jeremy (Alakazam) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball
- Charge Beam
- Hidden Power [Fire]

alakazam is such a beast, i never get sick of sending him out into hazards and toxic
psyshock is for blisseys shadow ball for ghost coverage
hp fire is absolute gold due to 1hko`ing scizor and ferrothorn after rocks damage
i recently changed energy ball to charge beam because i like the 70% chance of a SPA boost

cutelildarling (Jolteon) @ Life Orb
Trait: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Charge Beam
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Signal Beam

ever since i discovered jolteon i have loved him
he just butchers teams who arent prepared for him
signal beam is great for celebi
hp ice hits dragons who arent scarfed pretty hard
tbolt is my primary stab
and if i can find the opportunity to revenge kill with charge beam the extra boost is always handy.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

the problems so far ive had with this team is my lack of fighting moves
and lack of priority attacks ever since i took out my dragonite

the biggest threats to this team have been
mamoswine who is just a beast lol
breeloom with spore because spore is way OP
heatran when played correctly can be a pain to my team
jiratchi is just painful to play against no matter what i do haha
donphan just spins my hazards and hits me with ice shard

thats all i can think of atm
i look forward to feedback and learning some more
please be gentle, im no expert on the forums yet
:)

It's a fairly solid team, I just see a couple of issues: Landorus-I and Dragonite both pose serious threats. Landorus can 2HKO Skarmory and Porygon-2 with Focus Blast, and OHKOs everything else. Skarmory can't do anything back to Landorus, so there's little help there. Porygon 2 OHKO Landorus back, but it can't switch in, meaning something has to die to the genie.

Dragonite is a threat with Dragon Dance, if Stealth Rocks are spun away. It can DD on the switch to Garchomp, Dragon Dance because Garchomp can't OHKO through Multiscale, and OHKO back with outrage. At that point, nothing really stops it. Since this relies on Stealth Rocks being down, this is a secondary threat.

Giving Jolteon a Choice Specs can sort out Landorus, and it can revenge-kill Dragonite as well. You'd have to switch Charge Beam though, it's a tad unreliable for a Choice user. You can try using Volt Switch there, though, for scouting. Jolteon's speed means it can act as a revenge killer without the scarf, except against other scarfers, so you have a choice there.

Make your Tentacruel more standard. It has pathetic attacking stats, so you should run a set like this:
Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
EVs: 252 HP| 236 Def | 20 Speed
Ability: Rain Dish
-Scald
-Toxic Spikes/Toxic
-Rapid Spin
-Protect

Scald gives you a burn chance, which can cripple physical attackers. The choice between toxic spikes and toxic depends on how often your team forces switches. Note that toxic gives you the freedom to choose the status you inflict. Rapid Spin keeps his original purpose, and Protect lets you stall and/or scout your opponents move. Scald also stops you from being Taunt bait. The EVs maximise health, and balance your defences. (tentacruel has very high Sp.Def, but low Def)

If you decide to go with Jolteon as your revenge killer, that frees up Garchomp to employ a Swords Dance sweeping moveset:
Garchomp @ Life Orb/Yache Berry
EVs: 252 Atk, 252 Speed, 4 HP
Ability: Rough Skin
-Swords Dance
-Earthquake
-Outrage
-Fire Fang/Substitute

Garchomp has decent bulk, so it can set up a swords dance fairly easily. Earthquake and Outrage give you scary strong STAB attacks. After a Swords Dance, Fire Fang will hit plenty hard, believe you me, although substitute lets you cushion powerful attacks. The choice of items is up to you: Life Orb gives you added firepower at the cost of a little health, while the Yache Berry gives you a chance to take an unexpected ice move.

Good luck with whatever you choose! :)

Oh, sorry about that. The speed EV's let you outrun max speed Adamant Breloom. Since most Breloom these days are Technician, hitting it with toxic lets you poison it before it Spores something. Then you can easily stall it out with Skarmory. You also outrun max speed timid Magnezone, but there's little point to it.

Hope this helps :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)