ORAS OU "Head In The Clouds" - Mega Altaria & Heatran Team

What is your favorite Altariana Grande song?

• Total voters
☁Head In The Clouds☁

Introduction

Hi guys, and welcome to yet another RMT of mine. This time, I was playing around with the glorious Mega Altaria, a Pokémon I used a lot back in the early XY metagame, because I wanted to name her Altariana Grande I wanted to show you that it is still just as great as before.
This is an offensive team with a lot of coverage, so yeah, without further ado, play some Altariana Grande (I already went through all the trouble and put a video of her for your enjoyment) and hop on the team!

The Team

Altariana Grande (Altaria) (F) @ Altarianite
Ability: Cloud Nine
Happiness: 0
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Frustration
- Heal Bell
- Roost

Oh you glorious fluff you, you with your voice more enchanting than Ariana Grande herself!
This is the set that I have always been using, way back then in the early XY metagame, and honestly in my opinion, it is the best one.

Altaria is my Mega Pokémon on my team. With Dragon Dance, she becomes incredibly threatening and can easily sweep teams after one or two boosts. Also, thanks to its amazing ability in Pixilate, Frustration turns into a 132 base power attack. That's gonna hurt...
Roost + Heal Bell finally round up this set by keeping Altaria healthy and not being rendered useless by status such as burns or paralysis.

Although one move coverage works well on its own, this set does have trouble dealing with Steel types or some stuff such as Mega Venusaur, that's why I do have to switch into Heatran frequently so I can take care of those threats.

Shroominator (M) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 168 Def / 92 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Spore
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Amoonguss be putting dem hoes asleep.

I love this thing so much. He is just so annoying and my opponents hate to face him. Amoonguss also serves as a check/counter to Water type Pokémon, and also creates a pretty nice core with Heatran.

Spore is definitely the main spamming move here. A 100% accurate move that puts your opponent to sleep is really fun to use in combination with Giga Drain, so you can just slowly suck the life outta your opponent while they can't do anything in return. This is the stuff that nightmares are made of.

Sludge Bomb is also a nice addition to this set, as it gets STAB and also has a nice chance to poison your opponent, which adds more to the annoyance.
I have not really found a lot of use for Hidden Power Fire to be honest. It does (kinda) help against the likes of Ferrothorn and Mega Scizor, but I usually have ways to take care of those mentioned. I could see replacing it.

Ladydevimon (Weavile) (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Knock Off
- Pursuit/Low Kick

Ohhhh she with the red weave and her fly-ass bling on her forehead, makes all the men sweat. She's also a scratcher, and not in the good way.

Weavile serves as my revenge killer and cleaner on my team. Since this team is also fairly slow, the great speed is needed.

I am using the set that Weavile can pull off best. Equipped with a Life Orb, Weavile hits extremely hard.
Icicle Crash is just an amazing move, it is powerful and has a really handy side effect of being able to flinch your opponent. It also helps me out against bulky Ground types, such as Landorus, Hippowdon, Garchomp etc.
Knock Off is just OP, I don't think I've got to say anything about it.

I am however still undecided when it comes to the last slot, if I should either run Low Kick to hit Tyranitar, Bisharp and other Weavile, or Pursuit for its nifty effect of being able to trap Pokémon.
I don't know to be honest. Guess I'll just have to battle a bit more and see which one proves to be more useful.

Saitama (Conkeldurr) (M) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 236 SpD / 20 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge

Never did a red nose look scarier (fuck you ronald mcdonald).

Conkeldurr serves as a bulky attacker, and along Weavile, has really nice synergy, as they cover their weaknesses very well. Weavile being able to take out bulky Grass types, while in return Conkeldurr takes care of Steel types.

Conkeldurr is really underrated. He hits so extremely hard that it's not funny at all.
Equipped with an Assault Vest, Conkeldurr becomes bulky even on the specially defensive side, being able to take a few hits and retaliate back.
Drain Punch and Mach Punch are both STAB Moves which I use most commonly on this set. With one he is able to regain health from its opponent, and the other helps for outprioritizing faster threats.
Knock Off and Stone Edge are finally here as coverage moves, mainly helping out against incoming Psychic types and Mega Charizard X and Y.

However, the actual magic lies in his ability, Guts. Oh that thing is just so glorious, it makes Conkeldurr hit even harder than it usually does, thanks to status actually raising his attack.
So yeah I won't be pissed off if you burn Conkeldurr, it will help with your demise mwhahahahahah!!!

Patrick (Starmie) @ Life Orb
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk
- Rapid Spin
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Psychic

Is this the Krusty Krab lol.

Jokes aside, Starmie serves as my rapid spinner and helps me out a lot against Mega Venusaur, which my team does have problems dealing with.

So Rapid Spin is obvious I think.
Hydro Pump, being powered up by Life Orb and an Analytic boost, most likely 1HKO'es almost everything that switches into it. It is just that OP. But when it misses I honestly just wanna die.
Ice Beam helps out against Dragon and Grass types, and is also a very useful coverage move.
In my last slot there was actually Thunderbolt completing my BoltBeam core.
However I found it to be not that useful and kind of weak too, as it did not hit Rotom Wash hard enough which annoys me to no end. Ice Beam also did not hit Mega Venusaur hard enough as it could eat it up like nothing.
So I decided to use Psychic on the last slot and let me tell you it has worked wonders! As both of the above mentioned Pokémon are 2HKO'ed by it.
I did miss out on hitting Slowbro, however I do have ways of dealing with it so it's not really much of an issue.

Krakatoa @ Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Flash Cannon
- Stealth Rock

This is one hot potato lol.

Aaaaand at last, this is Heatran, who serves as my Stealth Rock setter.

Although this set is not being used that common, contrary to the specially defensive set, I am using it for one single thing: Mega Scizor. Yeah ummm, offensive Mega Scizor just kinda runs through this team like it was nothing, a walk in the woods.

This set is able to outspeed it, hit insanely hard and also keep its good bulk.

Fire Blast is obviously the best choice for this set, being able to even 2HKO Mega Sableye.
Earth Power is for opposing Heatran, while Flash Cannon deals with Fairy types such as Clefable and Mega Diancie (who cannot OHKO with Diamond Storm and cannot hit Heatran with Earth Power thanks to Air Balloon).

Heatran, my savior during the hardest moments.

Threats

+

Sand teams are really tough to face. Earthquake just hits everything on my team and I've got no safe response for that. Amoonguss can help a bit but still, scary.

Setup sweepers, most notably Mega Gallade, although not very common, are extremely threatening to my team as they can just SD up and start sweeping. Have to be really careful.

Importable

Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Frustration
- Heal Bell
- Roost

Shroominator (Amoonguss) (M) @ Black Sludge
EVs: 248 HP / 168 Def / 92 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Knock Off
- Pursuit

Saitama (Conkeldurr) (M) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 236 SpD / 20 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge

Patrick (Starmie) @ Life Orb
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk
- Rapid Spin
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Psychic

Krakatoa (Heatran) (M) @ Air Balloon
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Flash Cannon
- Stealth Rock

Thanks to everyone for taking the time to read this, any suggestion will be gladly appreciated!

Last edited:
Hi Bulma from Dragon Ball, I quite like your Altaria team, been a while since I've encountered these so this is a nice change of beat. I'll rate your team the best I can considering your threatlist.

First of all, I think you should change Amoonguss to physical defensive Tangrowth. Tangrowth does everything Amoonguss can do, and the poison typing for fairykilling is already handled by Heatran. It also has better bulk and the same Regenerator ability. Plus, this gives you a ground resist so you should be able to handle sand teams better, especially that SandDrill. Put a fancy nickname in there referencing pasta just for you <3. Hope you like it.

Dente (Tangrowth) @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 244 HP / 216 Def / 48 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Leech Seed
- Sleep Powder
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off/Hidden Power Fire

To handle setup sweepers, I'm not really sure since their whole purpose is to sweep lol. I do have one idea, and it's pretty gimmicky, possibly stupid, and definitely crazy, but try out changing Heal Bell for Roar on Mega Altaria. Heal Bell isn't exactly needed since Conk already tanks those status effects, plus Heatran is immune to Will-o-Wisp and Toxic already. Roar phazes out the sweepers, most notably your Mega Scizor, thinking Megataria is setup bait due to it only having Frustration. I did steal your team for a bit and try it out with Roar and I successfully messed up a Mega Scizor and screwed over a Volcarona, winning two easy battles (forgot to record replay tho, sry I'll edit this post and post one if I attain another), so I think it should help you.
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Frustration
- Roar
- Roost

Since Heal Bell is gone, while Conk and Tran can support status effects, I think you should change Analytic on Starmie to Natural Cure. Faster Pokemon than you will most likely revengekill you anyways, since Starmie is so frail, and the Pokemon it can kill are slower than it so Analytic doesn't get too much use. Natural Cure helps tank status easily and neutralizes it on the switch. For example, you see a Heatran about to use Toxic. You switch into Starmie, take it, and force him out as you also switch, swinging the battle in your favor. If Starmie is disadvantageous there (e.g Thundurus with TWave), simply use Conk. Furthermore, you rely on Starmie to take shots from attackers like Keldeo, so taking the potential burn from Scald would be helpful.

That's all from me, hope this helps your team and good luck on the ladder!

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hey there Bulma from Dragon Ball, this is an interesting team around the uncommon Mega Altaria and it looks alright, but I believe that it could be made significantly better with a few improvements.

Threats
As mentioned in the RMT, Sand teams absolutely stomp you into the mud, with you having no Ground-type resist or immunity, not even levitate. By extension, you are also very weak to Choice Scarf Excadrill, with it being able to spam EQ practically repercussion free. Mega Gardevoir and (Mega) Alakazam absolutely blow through this team, with your only Pokemon resembling a switch in being Heatran, who dies to Focus Blast after switching in, so you definitely need some sort of pivot for them. Also, Mega Venusaur can be very annoying to deal with, as it can actually synthesis off Fire Blasts from Heatran, and nothing else on the team can frankly switch into it aside from maybe Conkeldurr, who gets hard walled. Additionally, Mega Metagross can be a huge issue with its strong attacking power combined with its coverage allowing it to hit every member on your team super effectively, and it even has Bullet Punch to hit Weavile before you can nail it with a Knock Off. Next, Mega Pinsir has a potential to run through this team, being able to outspeed and OHKO, Mega Alt, Amoonguss, and Conkeldurr with Return, and it can beat Weavile at +2 taking ~50-60% from an Ice Shard from Weavile, who can't even switch, and killing with +2 Quick Attack, OHKOing Heatran with +2 CC, and OHKOing Starmie with +2 Quick Attack after Stealth Rock. This may seem like a lot of weaknesses, but a couple small changes to the team can deal with all of these threats fairly well.
Moveset Changes
upload_2016-9-23_23-20-58.png (soz fam i have to put ms paint in every post until the end of the year lol)
Offensive Dragon Dance--->Defensive Dragon Dance: Currently, Mega Altaria is your main way of dealing with Keldeo after Starmie gets Pursuit trapped, aside from Amoonguss, who will be replaced later in the rate, and you struggle against Mega Alakazam, so changing your Offensive Dragon Dance set to a more defensive one really helps out the team overall, and it makes it easier to setup as you have a lot more bulk, although you will have to setup multiple Dragon Dances in order to sweep as this set will be slower than your current set while also not having as much power. However, the tradeoff of having significantly more bulk is more than worth it. Lastly, you mentioned that Mega gallade was an issue in your threatlist, and DDD Mega Altaria is a very consistent Mega Gallade switch in, being able to tank at +2 Ice Punch.

Full Out Offensive--->Stallbreaker with Will-O-Wisp: As mentioned earlier, the team can potentially get overwhelmed by SD sweepers, mainly Bisharp, as I'm replacing Conkeldurr later in this rate, and while not mentioned earlier, the team really struggles to break bulkier teams, and this change helps out a lot with that issue. This is where my Heatran comes into play, having Will-O-Wisp to cripple Bisharp when it attempts to take you out with Sucker Punch is very handy so that you don't have to win 50/50 mindgames in order to beat Gallade, especially since you have 2 other solid Zardx checks now and frankly don't have any use for Earth Power aside from hitting other Heatran, who usually speed tie with you regardless. If you believe that opposing Heatran are too annoying to deal with, you can most certainly run Earth Power over Wisp, just be aware that the team will be quite weak to Bisharp. You may believe that Flash Cannon is really important on Heatran, but Earth Power kills Diancie if it gets to 82%, which isn't very much at all, and Clefable is setting up on you unless you have Taunt regardless. Taunt+Toxic+Magma Storm allows you to trap and cripple or kill a lot of common stall Pokemon like Chansey, Clefable, etc. while also being able to crippe annoying Pokemon like Slowbro with Toxic.

Mon Changes
--->

Currently, your team struggles with Special attackers, primarily Mega Gardevoir and (Mega) Alakazam, and Jirachi helps a ton, being able to switch in directly to both of the aformentioned threats. At this point, I believe that Amoongus is the most replaceable member of your team as you have 2 very solid Keldeo checks, and Azumarill has to predict well in between the 2 Steels that resist Play Rough and the 2 additional water resists on the team while Starmie+Mega Altaria can check BD Azu very well. Not only does Jirachi provide a check to these mons, it also is a very consistent Mega Venusaur check, being able to switch into Venusaur and cheese it with Iron Head. Additionally, the provided set packs healing wish so that you can give Mega Altaria a second chance to sweep after it gets heavily weakened, or you can heal up team members that get worn down attempting to check multiple Pokemon while also packing Thunder Wave so that your team has a method of speed control. Colbur Berry is used so that you can lure in Weavile and cripple it with Thunder Wave when it tries to Knock you off since it becomes a bit more annoying after you replace Conkeldurr in the below change.

--->

As mentioned earlier, very strong physical attackers like Excadrill and Mega Pinsir are a nightmare to face for your team, and Defensive Landorus-T really helps out the team here. Landorus-T provides a really solid Earthquake immunity so that Excadrill has to think twice before clicking Earthquake and you can potentially make aggresive plays vs Excadrill with Starmie to pressure your opponents team, since Offensive teams usually lack reliable Starmie switch ins. Also, the provided set tanks a +1 Return from Mega Pinsir and responds back by OHKOing it with Stone Edge. Additionally, Lando-T provides a rocker to replace Heatran since your current Heatran variant lacks Stealth Rocks and Rocks are mandatory on basically every OU team. Lastly, U-turn gives Lando-T the ability to pivot around and give Starmie/Weavile a chance to switch in and immediately threaten the opposing team.
Altaria @ Altarianite
EVs: 252 HP / 136 Def / 92 SpD / 28 Spe
Impish Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Roost
- Return/Facade
- Heal Bell/Earthquake

Heatran @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Will-O-Wisp/Earth Power
- Toxic
- Taunt

Jirachi @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 224 SpD / 32 Spe
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Thunder Wave
- U-turn
- Healing Wish

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 8 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
I hope that you liked my rate and good luck with the team :]

Last edited:
Hey Bulma from Dragon Ball nice team! I also appreciate that you have good taste in music, haha. I voted for "Problem" listened very often. But I did not come here just for that, I will try to help contributing what you can.

Based on its list of threats, carefully try that. Hippowdon think at this point is no longer used much, but I am aware that the danger is if Excadrill behind. Gallade is interesting, and yes, it can be intimidating. It is relieving that not much use. There are many MSableye and see better MMedicham, which is more powerful but somewhat slow. MScizor / Scizor if you will think about. Your best response to it Heatran. A little forecasting can help.

Well, I'm not sure but I guess you'll have this. Yes, Gyarados is also a problem for your whole team. Normal, not mega. If you have a hole to fit DD, it will. His set bulky for example. Just in my opinion, it would MAltaria a little difficult. So guide me in this, I suggest this first change. I find it more comfortable for points step by step.

· offensive Starmie does not convince me too. And I explained above. I propose to remove and instead use Zapdos. + You have Defog recovery method, which is better than Rapid Spin in some cases. And the best part, you have other support to face this threat unmentioned. Not come as easy fearing your TBolt.

· To remove Starmie we run the famous FWG core. But in a curious way you can be arranged. For the Gyarados itself could fill the vacuum of Patrick (Starmie) haha. Why? Simple, to cover other threats that are appearing. As can be - MMetagross / Gliscor. His ability + bulk is a good defense. Before I forget, this would be instead of Conkeldurr.

· Third point, and here I write (?) Well, at first glance but threats remain controllable. They are Kyurem-B, MAerodactyl. I name only two because otherwise there is nothing. Now, a Pokémon that can more or less deal with both. I have it. Ferrothorn. You can have Spikes + Stealth Rock with Heatran. This would be by removing Amoonguss. By type and complete type again the core.

Now the last bullet, the team with the possible changes, sets etc.

Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Frustration
- Heal Bell
- Roost

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers / Chople Berry
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip

Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Knock Off
- Pursuit

Gyarados @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 88 HP / 220 Atk / 4 Def / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Bounce
- Waterfall
- Substitute

Zapdos @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 68 SpA / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Roost
- Defog
- Heat Wave

Krakatoa (Heatran) (M) @ Air Balloon
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Flash Cannon
- Stealth Rock

A pleasure to this issue and to help you, I hope. I go well.
I declare myself a fan of the names of your pokemon, haha. How great, never better.

Hello fellow Arianators, I am glad that you liked my team and thanks a lot to all of you for your suggestions! I am going to try out all of your mentioned changes and and see which ones are going to prove the most effective.

And thank you Kyuong for enjoying my music taste lol, not many people do.

PS: I voted for Break Free obviously. :heart::heart::heart:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)