HeartGold GameCorner Broken

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, first off, I hope this is the right place to post this.

Second off, I did a few google's and only found one person with the same experience I had, and it didn't get solved (someone said his game sounds like a fake), but perhaps I searched poorly.

Anyhow, when I go into the game corner and try to start the game, the screen goes black and I'm unable to do anything at all. The music continues playing, but I can't exit, proceed, or even soft reset. I have to power off and power back on again.

Anyone know what's up with this or if there's any way to fix this?

Thanks!

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
1) Simple answers thread for a question.
2) I would just say it is a glitch. Send it into nintendo and you will probably get a free copy that is fixed, but beyond that there is nothing you can do, sorry!

Sorry, completely missed that thread. :(

Edit: The following are responses to a post that seems to have gotten deleted

Playing on a cartridge I ordered used off amazon, playing it on a DS Lite (appears to be real in every way with 'Nintendo' plastered all over it and and even on the chip that you can kind of see through the caged plastic around it).

Don't even own a gameshark or action replay.

Edit2: I can't even just buy the coins to get the TM's like I could on G/S/C, can I? Sigh...

Is there another game I could buy/win/clone the TM's from and trade them over to this one? I have Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, FireRed, LeafGreen, Platinum, and White.

The gen 3 game corner has the tms, as well as ice beam on the abandoned ship.
alternatively you can trade them in from dpp .-.

if Nintendo's plastered all around the cartridge, chances are it's probably a dupe and you got trolled, big time. pirated hgss has nasty problems of freezing at the most random times.

alternatively you can trade them in from dpp .-.

if Nintendo's plastered all around the cartridge, chances are it's probably a dupe and you got trolled, big time. pirated hgss has nasty problems of freezing at the most random times.
Thanks guys.

It looks exactly like this is what I meant:

Also, the game gave me a PokeFriend code, so doesn't that mean it's real?

Just incase anyone was curious about the cause, I am fairly certain that the game IS fake, even though it has white lettering on the PCB board on the back side of the cartridge, that lettering reads Nintendo which none of my other cartridges do, the sticker on the front is not centered, and the mirrored "o" like this:

NINTENDO DS
............O

is not grey like all of my other DS games, and is instead solid black.

Again, thanks for the help guys.

Genuine HGSS and BW cartridges are solid black because they need to allow for the infrared sensor. The rest of the details sound pretty suspicious, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)