Hearthstone [IRC Channel #Skillstone]

I had quest win 5 games with Paladin or Priest... got a decent match for 1 win as priest.
after an hour or so switched to paladin because playing as priest with RNG working against me was near impossible.
do hate Hearthstone RNG, one day you win game after game after game, the next you lose game after game after game. it isn't so bad when i can use my mage, as I can play early or late with that.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Well, as you can see, he didn't play a Sea Giant. He may or may not have been running them too.

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Not sure which legendary I should craft next. My list consists of:
Cenarius
KING KRUSH
Tirion
Jaraxxus
Hellscream
Jenkings
Bloodhoof
Stormrage
Windrunner
TBK
Rag
Alex
Ysera

I'm thinking that Al'kair or w/e since I've taken a shine to the Shaman deck I've been playing. Though Thalnos will fit in a lot more decks better (though I often consider Thalnos a dead card).

Opinions?

Cenarius
KING KRUSH
Tirion
Jaraxxus
Hellscream
Jenkings
Bloodhoof
Stormrage
Windrunner
TBK
Rag
Alex
Ysera

I'm thinking that Al'kair or w/e since I've taken a shine to the Shaman deck I've been playing. Though Thalnos will fit in a lot more decks better (though I often consider Thalnos a dead card).

Opinions?
Bloodhoof/Rag are the most splashable out of all those. If you're going for something specific go for whatever class you main but otherwise just go with either of those.

supermarth64

Here I stand in the light of day
is a Contributor Alumnus
Bloodmage, Baron Geddon, Harrison Jones, King Mukla are probs the top 4 non-class specific ones that you don't have.

Guessing there isn't, but is there any option for getting cards outside of buying with real money? 10g for winning 3 matches is pitifully low especially if you've just started and barely win half, with a meager 40g tossed in when I do the daily means it's a big pain just to get 1 lousy pack a day which never has anything for the class I'm trying to main (Rogue). And I don't have anything over 2 copies to even start DEing some (unless someone has a list of generally useless cards no one uses do I can DE them if I do have some?).

Tldr; advice on how to get packs/more cards outside of wasting real money if at all possible?

Guessing there isn't, but is there any option for getting cards outside of buying with real money? 10g for winning 3 matches is pitifully low especially if you've just started and barely win half, with a meager 40g tossed in when I do the daily means it's a big pain just to get 1 lousy pack a day which never has anything for the class I'm trying to main (Rogue). And I don't have anything over 2 copies to even start DEing some (unless someone has a list of generally useless cards no one uses do I can DE them if I do have some?).

Tldr; advice on how to get packs/more cards outside of wasting real money if at all possible?
Start playing arena and understanding the intricacies of it and the differences between it and constructed. Getting to ~5 wins essentially gives you a much cheaper pack and getting to 7 wins gives you at minimum your 150 gold entrance fee as well as a pack. Sucks when you get fucked by the draft and end up getting dust but hey - a 12-win arena can get you 400+ gold and 2 packs :D

Start playing arena and understanding the intricacies of it and the differences between it and constructed. Getting to ~5 wins essentially gives you a much cheaper pack and getting to 7 wins gives you at minimum your 150 gold entrance fee as well as a pack. Sucks when you get fucked by the draft and end up getting dust but hey - a 12-win arena can get you 400+ gold and 2 packs :D
I haven't tried it yet admittedly due to the cost, but might have to with my next batch of saved gold...

Matthew

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I played Arena exclusively for about two months (albeit I'm somewhat decent at the game) and all I'm missing is a few useless legendaries (and Ice Block somehow) in my collection. Though I have paid a few dollars into the game. $10 at most when I started and didn't completely understand how drafting works.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
While I'm above showcasing every 12-win arena deck I draft now, this one is too hilarious not to: Taskmasters gonna master tasks.

bonus pic of them in action
Lost one game to bitchass Hogger against a Warlock at 10-0 but I beat him in the rematch, so it's totally the same thing as 12-0 right? X) I mean, he Oozed my Gorehowl after I killed Hogger with it and predictably Blood Kngihted my Silvermoon Guardian again but that latter one was a bait. He got rekt by Sunwalker thereafter.

also yes arena is awesome. Always a fucking gamer though, I'm good at everything. Other TCG/CCG experience helps, especially Limited Magic. But yeah you should play arena for cards. Even if you don't get the 3-4 wins necessary to make up the cost difference between an arena entry and buying packs directly, you're steadily improving your skill level with the experience you gain and get to enjoy some games where you're on a more even playing field with your opponents.

Last edited:
Cenarius
KING KRUSH
Tirion
Jaraxxus
Hellscream
Jenkings
Bloodhoof
Stormrage
Windrunner
TBK
Rag
Alex
Ysera

Opinions?
Yeah, I'd go Bloodmage. It's low impact, but it fits in almost everything. It's better in the long run imo. Stuff like Harrison and Mukla come and go from what I've noticed (popular depending on the flavor-of-the-month).

Matthew

How many people that read this thread would like to have a Hearthstone tournament?

I would host one (with enough interest) and pay the winner $10 (paypal).

BO3 - three separate decks
First match - Pick whichever deck you want
Second match - winner keeps playing with same deck loser plays second deck choice
Third match - etc. etc.

Win by beating all three of your opponents decks.

Matthew

it would have to be.

EDIT:
I also started streaming my games:
http://www.twitch.tv/boygenny

EDIT 2:
ugh apparently Twitch is having issues saving Past Broadcasts or something.

EDIT 3:
I'll be (probably) streaming every day from 4 MTN to about 6 MTN or later. Depending on my work schedule. I'll probably aim for Legend next season with a custom Paladin deck that I'll be creating this season. Let's get it.

Last edited:
Just kinda curious, how do you challenge people you know directly in hearthstone? Assuming you need their battle tag?

Just kinda curious, how do you challenge people you know directly in hearthstone? Assuming you need their battle tag?
Yes. You can challenge any of your friends on Battle Net by opening the friends menu in the bottom left corner and clicking the 2 swords next to your friend's name.

good lord, whats with all the leeroy noobs and Hunters playing UTH+hyena on the same turn for pathetic crutch based wins.

Streaming if anyone anyone wants to hang out:

http://twitch.tv/boygenny

EDIT:

OVER
FUCK I WANTED TO WATCH BUT I WAS IN CLASS

good lord, whats with all the leeroy noobs and Hunters playing UTH+hyena on the same turn for pathetic crutch based wins.
It's a legit strat. To beat Hunter, you must either play incredibly defensively and don't do something stupid like play 2+ minions on any given turn OR win by turn 4. Your choice.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)