Pokémon Heatran

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's pretty much classified as a hard check to aegis. It counters the common subtoxic set, and since sacred sword is rapidly declining in usage, it's generally a good answer to it. Unboosted Sball doesn't even 4hko after lefties, and lava plume 2hkoes, so it takes it on pretty well.

It's pretty much classified as a hard check to aegis. It counters the common subtoxic set, and since sacred sword is rapidly declining in usage, it's generally a good answer to it. Unboosted Sball doesn't even 4hko after lefties, and lava plume 2hkoes, so it takes it on pretty well.
So it is a good partner for Hawlucha, huh?

Why sacred sword is declining in usage? I find it as the best attack for Aegislash as it fucks up Bisharp and T-tar, two Pokemons that would absolutely wall Aegislash without Sacred Sword.

Why sacred sword is declining in usage? I find it as the best attack for Aegislash as it fucks up Bisharp and T-tar, two Pokemons that would absolutely wall Aegislash without Sacred Sword.
Iron head is the better option as it still hits Ttar hard, but also hits the bastard Clefable and other fairies. He also gets ST AB on it. And I don't need to explain why pursuit is sometimes used over Sacred Sword.

Many people, including me, use Sacred sword because it fits their team better, but generally, Iron Head is the best option.

Iron head is the better option as it still hits Ttar hard, but also hits the bastard Clefable and other fairies. He also gets ST AB on it. And I don't need to explain why pursuit is sometimes used over Sacred Sword.

Many people, including me, use Sacred sword because it fits their team better, but generally, Iron Head is the best option.
I don't have experience with Aegislash, I only use the Toxic stall set. But an Aegislash without Sacred Sword is fucked when facing Bisharp, and can get trapped.

But Iron Head is an amazing move, especially against Clefable who I consider the most annoying Pokemon in the meta game right now.

I don't have experience with Aegislash, I only use the Toxic stall set. But an Aegislash without Sacred Sword is fucked when facing Bisharp, and can get trapped.

But Iron Head is an amazing move, especially against Clefable who I consider the most annoying Pokemon in the meta game right now.
aegislash shouldn't be taking on bisharp at all, knock off ohkoes and getting pursuit trapped is too easy

It would be if Hawlucha wasn't terrible.
Decently true, but can be a threat if used right. It's just a bit team reliant and unsuited for OU. But Heatran would make an incredible partner with him, since Tran can keep Aegi and T-flame in check. Too bad Steel lost its resist to ghost. Tran could trash Aegi right off the bat otherwise.

Mine has 252 satk 252 spd 4 hp choice scarf flash fire
solar beam ( with a setup )
Earth power
Lava plume
Flash cannon
For a revenge killer what do you think?

I'm using a timid heat ran with 252 SP.A/SPE with lava plume, earth power, flash cannon and stealth rock and he works pretty darn well. He eats most fairies, can take a hit, absorbs fire atacks and is imune to poisons/toxic. Lava plume also makes it a bit dangerous to switch in a physical atacker.

For a while I had dark pulse instead of earth power and that worked nicely too. It's rather unexpected so a lot of people switched in imune to ground pokemon to find that I'm dealing them a fair amount of damage anyways.

How good is eruption on an offensive Heatran set?
Bad. You have to run Quiet nature and even with Scarf + 252 EVs it only outspeeds base 105s, which is not enough for Scarfers. It will almost always be hit before. Trick Room + Choice Specs is pretty cool though.

Bad. You have to run Quiet nature and even with Scarf + 252 EVs it only outspeeds base 105s, which is not enough for Scarfers. It will almost always be hit before. Trick Room + Choice Specs is pretty cool though.
Ohhh I see I was thinking since Heatran does force a lot of switches on coming things like M-Venu and to an extent Zard X it could use explosions power to destroy the switch in

It would be if Hawlucha wasn't terrible.
Hawlucha isn't that terrible. It works great with Power Herb/Sky Attack and is one of the best users of Unburden. But let's not turn this into a Hawlucha thread.
Dragon/Dark Pulse > Flash Cannon. Bisharp exists for something. And use Timid nature.
I'd keep Flash Cannon for Fairies but get rid of SolarBeam. With out set up it's just a wasted move slot, especially considering you'll be locked into it.

Ohhh I see I was thinking since Heatran does force a lot of switches on coming things like M-Venu and to an extent Zard X it could use explosions power to destroy the switch in
252+ SpA Choice Specs Heatran Eruption (150 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Thick Fat Mega Venusaur: 344-408 (94.5 - 112%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ SpA Choice Specs Heatran Eruption (150 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mega Charizard X: 115-136 (38.7 - 45.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Trick Room!

I'm gonna go ahead and say that TormenTran is absolutely amazing this generation. Hands down a must have for any stall team.

Heatran @ Power Herb
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 56 Hp / 252 SAtk / 200 Spd
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- Fire Blast
- Solarbeam
- Ancient Power

I saw this set on the "creative sets" thread, and it works really well in practice. This is a lure set, to bring out bulky waters and KO them. Solarbeam is your "silver bullet", as it rips through Azumarill and Rotom-W, who would normally counter Heatran. The SPD evs let you hit 240 speed, outpacing the 252 base 70's, but the only things you really have to out speed is Rotom -W and Azu, so that can be changed to your desire.

I think you got that backwards?
Haha, I think so too.

Anyway, I think it'll be great (at least initally) since it's hard to distinguish between the abilities without being punished severely (losing momentum or having a poke burned). I doubt anyone is going to be launching fire moves at heatran anyway. I think that after a while, it might die down though, since Heatran already gets WoW and the fire immunity really is fantastic, and people will want their reliable switch in to fire moves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)