Is Heatran a tad overpowered?

• Yes

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • No

Votes: 5 71.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So is it just me, or is there literally 3 pokemon that can deal with Heatran in OU?

Gyarados (and Mega)
Rotom-Wash
Volcorona, HP Ground

No Ground type is fast enough save for Tyranitar or Excadrill, both who fall to a single Earth Power. If you can set up D-dance, you might be able to outspeed, but that is too easy to counter.

With Flash Cannon, Earth Power, and Flamethrower...it's impossible to directly counter without those three. Which limit drastically what you can run. Even Ferrothorn, with it's extreme tankiness, isn't that bad.

Any opinions on counters, or is Heatran as bad as I fear? Without Greninja, he's become a beast.

I only ask it here because if he is too strong, does that mean he should be added to Ubers? Would love to hear...

13ulbasaur

* It seems to be nervous about fighting.
is an Artist Alumnus
Fast enough?

Heatran has like a measly 77 speed, and they're usually defensive which means no speed investment. Let's see what are some ground types can outspeed that with neutral natures to speed boosting natures:

Excadrill, Landorus, Krookodile, Swampert, Nidoking/queen, Garchomp, Zygarde, Dugtrio, Diggersby, and this is only ground types! Not just Pokemon who can use EQ or Earth power. If I included those the list would be so long!

Let's not forget his very common weaknesses. Fighting, Ground and Water are very easy coverages to have in your team and its not hard at all to have all three. Though not 4x effective, a lot of Fighting types are also powerful enough to one shot heatrans especially since most are Specially defensive, and most only have Lava Plume. Even then it's easy enough to get a safe switch in and just, you know, bop it.

252 Atk Life Orb Terrakion Close Combat vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 484-572 (125.7 - 148.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 SpA Life Orb Keldeo Secret Sword vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 343-406 (89 - 105.4%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO

252 SpA Heatran Flash Cannon vs. 24 HP / 0 SpD Keldeo: 72-84 (21.8 - 25.5%) -- 0.7% chance to 4HKO

252+ Atk Conkeldurr Drain Punch vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 270-320 (70.1 - 83.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Heatran Lava Plume vs. 0 HP / 236 SpD Assault Vest Conkeldurr: 93-109 (26.4 - 31%) -- guaranteed 4HKO

252 Atk Mega Gallade Close Combat vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 446-528 (115.8 - 137.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Heatran Lava Plume vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Mega Gallade: 117-138 (42 - 49.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Just because you have some kind of issue with dealing with a pokemon that is so easy to deal with compared to other things doesn't mean it should get banned or is deemed too strong. Just learn the meta and learn how to use Pokemon, it's not hard at all.

Or you can whine I guess and not go anywhere.

Damn, 13ulba telling it how it is, gj girl

But yeah before this thread gets locked/removed which it will, I feel like this shouldn't have been posted in the Ubers forum. If you wished to create discussion for Heatran, try and get permission to create a discussion thread in the OU forum by a forum Mod. This is not the place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)