Heavy Offense

Description: I really want o find an offensive strategy to Overcome my friend's Serene Grace Strategy. So, I constructed a team that is speedy and offensive

Sceptile(M)@ Life Orb
Evs: 252 speed, 252 Atk, 4 Hp
Jolly nature
-Sword Dance
-Leaf Blade
-Dragon Claw
-Earthquake
I use my sceptile as my lead to take care of unwanted Infernapes, Drapions, Rhyperiors, etc. As my lead, I don't expect too much from it, just a decoy to see what's in my way. Other than that, it does manage to do massive 1 hit kos to Weaviles, Arcanines, and Infernapes. So, Sceptile does lead me off to a good start most times. Still, it's just a basic sword dancer. I think I should swap this out for Sword Dance Venusaur

Glalie(M) aka Vexen@ Choice Band
Evs: 252 atk, 252 speed, 4 sp.def
Adamant Nature
Inner Focus
-Ice Shard
-Earthquake
-Crunch
-Explosion
When anyone uses Togekiss, I use my Glalie with it's Ice Shard to knock down the flinching tyrant. I used the Sp.def just for Togekiss. I know it's not enough to knock out Togekiss, but it does give me enough to wear it down for my next pokemon. Other than that, it's pretty well adapt to most pokemon. Other than that, very excellent for a Bomber.

Alakazam(F) @ Wise Glasses
Evs:252 Sp.Atk, 252 Speed, 4 Sp.Def
Inner Focus
Timid Nature
-Psychic
-Charge Beam
-Calm Mind
-Recover
Since Togekiss will be weak by the time Glalie Faints, Alakazam can't come finish it off. A couple of Calm Minds will make it's Sp.Atk and Sp.Def rise. So, even if they switch out Togekiss, it can still sweep away most of the team. And if it's hurt through some attacks, Recover and a finishing blow. Plus, with Inner focus, no flinching from Air Slash.

Slaking(F) @ Choice Band
Evs: 252 Atk, 252 Speed, 4 Hp
Adamant Nature
-Earthquake
-Shadow Claw
-Fire Punch
-Return

Slaking for any Jirachis, Electivires, or Special Sweepers. With Choice band and Fire Punch, Massive Damage is dealt to any Jirachis or Metagross. I know about it's truant, so I either swap out or leave it wide open for an attack. Believe my when this Slakig can take a hit and send it back twice as hard. Still, I might need to switch it out in case of a Machamp or Gallade

Togekiss(M) @ Choice Scarf
Evs:252 Sp.Atk, 252 Speed, 4 HP
Serene Grace
Modest Nature
-Flamethrower
-Aura Sphere
-Air Slash
-Trick
Just Basic, move fast and keep air slashing to death. More than likely, my opponent will flich over and over. It wears them down to little or nothing. Then, with flamethrower and Aura Sheare, weavile, Scizor, and Tyranitars will fall. But I'm think of giving it an Iron ball to use trick and slow down their powerhouse, and from then on, just keep Air Slashing to death

Gengar(M) @ Wide Lens
Evs: 252 Sp.Atk, 252 Speed, 4 Sp.Def
Modest Nature
-Hypnosis
-Thunderbolt
-Focus Blast
-Shadow Ball
My sleeper. With Wide Lens, I increase Hypnosis' accuracy and put them to sleep. However, with the sleep clause, I can't put anyone to sleep, but if the switch, I will be expecting a psychic type like Gallade and just Shadow Ball them. Annoying togekiss and Honchkrow are gone with thunderbolt, and absols and Umbreons go down with Focus Blast.

That's my team right now. I would appreciate any suggestions to take down Serene Airslash Togekiss or Iron Head Jirachis

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
Also, why is this is other teams? It's a OU team.. (Togekiss and Gengar)
Please read the RMT rules.
He has a point, I really say you should read all of them. Also if you Pokemon descriptions don't use atleast 3 lines Bloo (A mod) will tell you to lengthen them. I'm just telling you so Bloo won't have to waste time... (even if it is just 30 sec, time is money)

first of all, this is not heavy offensive. I have said this to many people before so you are not the first. HO, means that you
a) Have dual screens, preferably in the lead position
b) Have no choice items on any pokes. The goal of heavy offense is to minimise prediction, which screws even the best battlers. Because of this, you don't want to switch out, so choice items are a big no-no!
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61631 this is the guide for HO

For your actual team, ti needs better synergy. 2 pokes weak to SR will hurt you, especially since both are choiced meaning they will keep switching.
You also have to weak to fire and no resists. So i recommend starmie somewhere, preferably over slaking as offensive teams can simply keep switching against him. Hence you will have to predict, but you don;t want to predict is its a HO team.
You also need SR somewhere. Every offensive team need SR.

Hmm, honestly, there's way too much to fix on this HO team, it doesn't even deserve to be one... anyways, besides what scarloc said, SR is Stealth rock by the way, lol.
1st of all, I'd suggest changing Sceptile to a Dual Screen Azelf (which I'll show here)
Azelf @ Light Clay
Jolly
Light Clay
252 HP/4 SpD/252 Spe
Light Screen
Reflect
Stealth Rock
Explosion/taunt
Next, I'd like to suggest changing Glalie to Agility Empoleon, find it on the Strategy Pokedex, I don't want to post to many sets... 3rd, I'd like to suggest to change Alakazam to CM Jirachi, once again, find it on the Pokemon Strategy Dex. 4th of all, change Slaking to Nasty Plot Infernape, with Close Combat over Focus Blast, and next of all (sigh...) Togekiss should become a Nasty Plot sweeper, since HO teams are based on setup sweepers, with generally same counters, which for special attackers are Blissey mostly, and lastly (thankfully) Gengar needs to be switched out for Calm Mind Suicune, since Suicune can destroy things if it can setup, and I'd suggest the offensive set, since it can KO much easier and no use to use a Crocune... anyways, sorry for not really giving you the sets, but honestly, I don't want too long of a post. Have fun with your team, and good luck. ^_^

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I think you mean Light Clay instead of Damp Rock, cause Damp Rock is completely useless on the Azelf you suggested.

What if I raised a Tank Bronzong? I already have a sassy Bronzor that's untouched with 2 speed Iv's. All I have to do is give it pokerus, ev train it, and give it it's moves. That way, I have a Solid Defense and Stealth rock on my side

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)