Gen 3 Heh.. UU stuff

dekzeh

B is for BRUTUS
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion

Omastar (M) @ Leftovers ** Invincible
Trait: Shell Armor
EVs: 228 HP / 148 Def / 132 SAtk
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Spikes
- Surf

Omastar is the only usable Spiker, and it's just an awesome Pokemon overall :>
Awesome defenses + Shell Armor is godly.

Torkoal (M) @ Leftovers ** The Fire
Trait: White Smoke
EVs: 228 HP / 192 Def / 88 SAtk
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Flamethrower
- Toxic

Torkoal is the best counter to all those UU grassers out there.
Fire move + Toxic is an awesome combination that never gets old.

Quagsire (M) @ Leftovers ** So Damn Clever
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 212 HP / 160 Def / 136 SAtk
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Earthquake
- Ice Beam

Last Sleep Talker, awesome Pokemon overall too!
Gligar counter, Lanturn counter, Tentacruel counter and so on.

Misdreavus (F) @ Leftovers ** You Lied
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 236 HP / 96 Atk / 176 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Pain Split
- Perish Song
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball

Spin blocker. Considering HP Ice somewhere for better Gligar converage since this will survive a SD'd HP Bird.
Shadow Ball seems odd, but this is my counter to CM Slowking/Grumpig/Hypno.

Vileplume (F) @ Leftovers ** Tree Hugger
Trait: Chlorophyll
EVs: 244 HP / 40 Def / 32 Spd / 192 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Aromatherapy
- Moonlight
- Leech Seed
- Toxic

Vileplume is awesome :]
Probably won't use an Attack move, unless someone can convince me it's really needed.

Hitmontop (M) @ Leftovers ** Ma Poubelle
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 28 Atk / 228 Def
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Brick Break
- Hidden Power [Rock]
- Rapid Spin
- Rest

Counters a lot of stuff, from Aggron to Pinsir. Intimidate on such a bulky thing is awesome. Also my Spinner.

Sprites like this make any team look better...but anyways.

Good stuff. Three Sleep Talkers irritates me, but oh well. Running out of ideas on how to stall without Sleep Talk, I guess?

I'll give advice on something you actually might think about changing - Misdreavus. It's acting as the only true Phazer w/ Perish Song. It's alright at that and sure: it beats last Pokes. Shadow Ball is pathetic, though, to try and stop those Calm Minders you mentioned. Thunderbolt is gold. I would go the Calm Mind + Taunt direction, since it shuts a lot of stuff down. Better than Shadow Ball at least. However, then you'd be in dire need of a Phazer.

Just to suggest, have Altaria > Vileplume to get that Roar/P-Song and Heal Bell. Misdreavus can then be turned into the Taunting monster. I see it working. Vileplume I consider the weak link anyway. Another flier in Altaria is good too.

Umby

I'm gonna bury you in the ground~
is a Contributor Alumnus
Excessive Sleep Talk is definitely unnecessary here.

Personally, I'd run Hypno over Torkoal and Victreebel over Vileplume, and maybe push in an Altaria over Misdreavus. But then again, I don't like for my whole UU focus to be stall. Misdreavus would probably be your only remedy to Grumpig though.

This team is really bad at actually dealing damage; it seems to me that you focused on fending off threats rather than having some yourself. I mean even stall teams need something to break stall... start by not using so much Sleep Talk, giving Quagsire Curse and dropping Torkoal for Ninetales or something of the sort.

244 HP / 176 Def is the way you maximize Torkoal's physical defense (it also provides slighty better special defense than your spread because of the 16 extra HP EVs). 252 HP / 40 Def / 184 SpDef, Calm, gives you the same special defense and slighty better defense. Also... really pay attention to common anti-stall pokés, such as MLook/Psong MissyD. Beware to Gligar since Quaggy is not the best possible counter; Walrein SurfBeamer with some efforts invested in Special Attack is going to hurt pretty badly with Surf + Ice Beam, since your Misdreavus will take some heavy damages in the long run, especially if Walrein is also carrying Toxic. With no Sludge Bomb, Vileplume could be easily exploited as set-up field for some quick Sub-Pass strategy, the worst thing in the world for you if the recipient is Linoone or a strong fighting bulk upper (either Lee or Primeape) with hp ghost. I really cannot say Misdreavus is a good Hypno/Grumpig counter, since Toxic from the former, as well as Calm Minded Psychic from the latter, will ruin your walling capabilities: having Sludge Bomb on Vile will help at playing some mindgames against Grumpig, given that it cannot freely set up Subs anymore against Vile. Hypno with both Seismic Toss and Psychic over Torkoal would help with a good majority of your problems as well.

This team is really bad at actually dealing damage; it seems to me that you focused on fending off threats rather than having some yourself.
This is what makes RMT's annoying.
If you focus on defense, people say that it's bad because you can't deal any damage.
If you focus on both defense and offense, people say "focus on sturdy defense or powerful offense; never both."
If you focus on offense, people whine because you can't 100% wall every single poke in the game.

''If you focus on both defense and offense, people say "focus on sturdy defense or powerful offense; never both."

I never heard this.

Umby

I'm gonna bury you in the ground~
is a Contributor Alumnus
This is what makes RMT's annoying.
If you focus on defense, people say that it's bad because you can't deal any damage.
If you focus on both defense and offense, people say "focus on sturdy defense or powerful offense; never both."
If you focus on offense, people whine because you can't 100% wall every single poke in the game.
If you focus on defense, and the team is able to whittle down the opponents damage leaving little room for recovery (like a good TSS stall team), then that doesn't become the issue.

If you focus on defense and offensem there are ways to create a viable balance, where you'll have skarmbliss on your team with Aerodactyl on the team as a cleaner, and that doesn't become the issue.

If you focus on offense, that just means you have to be creative in your offensive (Endeavor Sceptiles, Sunny Day Charizard) or your team has to completely overwhelm the opposition (Choice Bander teams), in which case the issue you propose doesn't arise.

The key thing spies wants to convey here is, stalling is fine, but when stall is a popular strategy, you want something in your team that is capable of preventing your own stall team from being outstalled. There are numerous suggestions that could be made where the team still has a stallish theme while being able to pin down other stall teams as well, like the previously suggesting Taunt/CM MissyD, or even just putting Curse and/or Explosion on Torkoal.

=/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)