1. Welcome to Smeargle's Studio! Please be sure to review the studio rules.
  2. Want real-time art feedback? Want to meet YILX FIRST PLACE ARTIST? Come chat with us in the studio's IRC channel! Log onto #smeargle on SynIRC, or click this link to visit us via mibbit!
  3. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  4. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

HELLO CRASHINBOOMBANG TAB FUNKASAURUS JIRACHEE BKC JAYDE DJANGO TENNISACE FUZZNIP AL_ALCHEMIST ROWAN

Discussion in 'Smeargle's Studio' started by ium, Oct 21, 2012.

1. ium

ium dein haar riecht gut
    is an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris an Artist Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

[​IMG]

hello there.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Superpowerdude, cbt and BKC like this.
  2. Raseri

Raseri here to help
    is a Tutoris a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Researcher Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
    NU Co-Leader

ium I really like your art and the work you've done for the NU hub :)

also that Piloswine is really cute!
  3. Django

Django
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Just want to say i really like these doodles, keep it up! I'm sure you'll do well with this.
  4. Eagle4

Eagle4

Heh, your art's pretty neat (by that I mean messy. In a good way) I especially like shuckle, magby, zangoose and skuntank, what with the expressions you've given them. I know it digs into your patience, but try experimenting with shading and see what happens.
  5. Awmgnoob

Awmgnoob

Appreciate you have a talent my friend, maybe go further than doodling.
  6. Danmire

Danmire Come and get your love
    is an Artist Alumnus

man, these are some really adorable doodles!

i'd like to respond on eagle's advice on shading. since it's that your art so far is mainly small, simple, and a lot of detail (it's still good for the eyes), you're probably going to be needing to use one shade of the base colors. still, it's really good looking.
  7. Tofu

Tofu

Already said on Irc, but really liking these.

Love Piloswine and this Zangoose.
    Look forward to seeing more of you work =).

8. ium

ium dein haar riecht gut
    is an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris an Artist Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

9. Birkal

Birkal Now watch me tie it into a knot with my tongue
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Battle Server Administratoris an Artistis a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor
    CAP Head Mod

Hey man, love your work. You have an adorable style that makes Pokemon look so warm and inviting. Your lineart is great; its obvious that you have a knack for putting stuff together in a sensible way. I'm digging your color selections too, especially on the Skuntank; everything looks soft and faded. I'd encourage you to push the envelope with your color choices on a few drawings though. I bet your drawings could pop even more if you took some risks in that department! Just something to toy with if you feel like it, haha.

I am the art leader and coordinate of Smogon's web e-zine: The Smog. Lemme know if you have any interest in drawing for us; I can hook you up with an application if you'd like.
  10. ium

ium dein haar riecht gut

much appreciated. :) it's just that i need to get a better feel of digital art again before i tackle some stuff since i haven't done this in a while.

here's something i pretty much finished yesterday but i just added a few last things. it's meant to be for one of the NU guides.
    [​IMG]
    llvallejoll likes this.
  11. Pocket

Pocket Apo, the astronaut's best friend >:3
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
    Doubles Co-Lead

Not an artist, so can't critique, but I really hope I see more of your art in Smogon - not just in NU Hub!
  12. ium

ium dein haar riecht gut

working on it! hopefully it'll be soon enough. :)

practiced shading a little bit more.
    [​IMG]
  13. Danmire

Danmire Come and get your love
    is an Artist Alumnus

oh, oh, oh, that, my friend, is golden. the small highlights are juuuust right, and that expression is just too cute and fierce. the shading isn't too shabby either, though i don't think using more than one type of shade fits it...but it's good nonetheless! great job!
  14. ium

ium dein haar riecht gut

thank you. :) yeah, how my shading turned out is because of the lower density/opacity i use when i brush over those parts several times, so it ends up being like that. personally, i like it that way, but i don't know.

something i did for an interview that will be placed in the NU hub soon:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    the large, "original" versions are linked in the original post. i guess i'm getting less lazy with my stuff, haha.
  15. RitterCat

RitterCat
    is an Artistis a Forum Moderatoris a Contributor Alumnus

Oh I love those icons, the coloured lines and little highlights are just perfect, they're adorable :)
    Love your stuff, hope you stay at Smogon for a good long time!
  16. ium

ium dein haar riecht gut

thank you ritter. :) :) :)

cbb wanted gengar. then i don't know what i was doing after that.
    [​IMG]
    MikeDawg likes this.
  17. citro

citro

awww these are soo cute! I love how you put a little personal touch into them, the lineart and expressions are carried off perfectly. Wish I could draw like this, I just wanna hug that Tepig right now <3 keep it up!
  18. ium

ium dein haar riecht gut

smogon down?

[​IMG]
    MikeDawg and llvallejoll like this.
  19. ium

ium dein haar riecht gut

papercraft is art too right? :(

[​IMG]
  20. Zebraiken

Zebraiken seize the day
    is a member of the Site Staffis an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Battle Server Moderatoris a Super Moderator Alumnus
    NU Co-Leader

bully ium stop roasting birdkal

ps i'm just posting in here so i can see whenever you put up new art :3
  21. Tofu

Tofu

Haha nice, i want one of those rotoms.

Love the expressions on that tepig and Gengar too.

Luvdiscd'
  22. Birkal

Birkal Now watch me tie it into a knot with my tongue
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Battle Server Administratoris an Artistis a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor
    CAP Head Mod

23. RitterCat

RitterCat
    is an Artistis a Forum Moderatoris a Contributor Alumnus

Oh my oh my that Rotom H is incredible :3
    Also death to Birdkal
  24. sandshrewz

sandshrewz
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Your art is truely amazing!! I think you're a better cutemons drawer than I am haha! Great art pieces you have there!!

Also omg how did you make that Rotom-H!! We'll be happy to see more from you ^_^
  25. Level 51

Level 51 getting worse at mons day by day
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Server Moderator

ium → awesome

22 likes in 9 days? o.o
    Luvdisc'd. More origami please, it's absolutely amazing and too cute for your own good hnnnngggg :>

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)