1. GET SMOGON SHIRTS HERE! First time ever. Limited time only & next time the design will be different, so get it while you can!
  2. Welcome to Smeargle's Studio! Please be sure to review the studio rules.
  3. Want real-time art feedback? Want to meet YILX FIRST PLACE ARTIST? Come chat with us in the studio's IRC channel! Log onto #smeargle on SynIRC, or click this link to visit us via mibbit!
  4. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  5. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

HELLO CRASHINBOOMBANG TAB FUNKASAURUS JIRACHEE BKC JAYDE DJANGO TENNISACE HARSHA AL_ALCHEMIST ROWAN

Discussion in 'Smeargle's Studio' started by ium, Oct 21, 2012.

1. VN.

VN. ibn.
    is a Team Rater Alumnus

These are fucking awesome, I love your art style; wish you were around when I was in the NU community!

Simple/cute art styles like this are sick, keep up the good work ;)
  2. phoopes

phoopes The Boss
    is a Battle Server Moderator

So I was wondering who the heck you were. Turns out, you're awesome! I absolutely adore your drawings. All of 'em are just so cute! You have a great personal touch when it comes to that sort of thing. If I had to pick a favorite, I'd probably say that the NU Viability Rankings art is the one, though I do love moneybags Gengar as well. Well, I love all of them really. I'm not an artist, so I don't have anything technical to say in that department, but you're doing a great job. Keep at it!
  3. ium

ium dein haar riecht gut
    is an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris an Artist Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

i didn't do the design myself but the folding and gluing was hard enough, bellieve me. :(
    there's people who design these through 3D modelling so that they can be printed out and folded into said 3D shapes by only using paper. here if you're interested.
    origami is done with a square sheet haha. papercraft is different and is much harder in my opinion.

thank you guys. :)

[​IMG]

this was for ebeast ok.
  4. ebeast

ebeast she's probably sexting nprtprt
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Thanks for the new avatar, ehuehue. :) I really, really like your work especially the little icons you made for furi and incon. Everything you make shows personality in the characters and overall look really *cute* ^_^ Keep up the good work, friend. A well deserved Luvdisc <3
  5. FLCL

FLCL
    is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis Smogon Frontier's Salon Maidenis a Past SPL Winner

hm i should use that icon for my avatar too :)

also ium is very strong!!
  6. Level 51

Level 51 by far the worst
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Server Moderator

I musta been reaaalllly tired :|
    Um, just wondering: do you do requests?
  7. Incon

Incon

Ive told you multiple times that youre art is really amazing and im in love with the my magby icon. I only wish i could draw like that. Keep at it! (also, maybe do some art for the monthly contests? I think youd do well)

Luvdisc'd :D
  8. ium

ium dein haar riecht gut
    is an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris an Artist Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

i can do really simple sketches, but i don't think i'll be doing stuff in the same style as the icons i've been doing for certain people. i'm really methodical and slow so it's too time-consuming for me.

agentdell's:
    [​IMG]

bat kacaw
  9. Detective Dell

Detective Dell Winter Hibernation of the Yarnasauruses
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Battle Server Moderatoris a Team Rater Alumnus

Thanks so much Ium! Much appreciated and indeed a fan of your artwork of specific Pokemon icons. Keep it up, and you've got my Luvdisc ^_^
  10. Molk

Molk Crustle knocked off the opposing Rhydon's Assault Vest!
    is a Tutoris a member of the Site Staffis a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Smogon IRC AOPis a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
    RU Co-Leader

I really love your art man! The icons especially have caught my eye, but all of your doodles are awesome :). I really like your art style tbh, im not much of an artist myself though, so i cant give you any pointers ;_;. Luvdisced!
  11. Jukain

Jukain .leaf
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributor

that is the single cutest Pokemon drawing I have ever seen in that Lanturn one. Luvdisc'd!
  12. ium

ium dein haar riecht gut

i hate birkal. ♥

[​IMG]

also zeb's avatar:
    [​IMG]
  13. CBMeadow

CBMeadow

The Swoobat in particular is my favourite. You do excellent, eye-catching, simple-yet-brilliant logos.

Specific commentary:

Show Hide
    The Lanturn is also excellent, and really the only nitpick is the lack of line thickness variation you have on Swoobat. Apart from that it's honestly amazing. The highlights are perfectly placed and the shine on the eye is really nice- your art has a very nice interpretation stylistic feel to it.

Holy CRAP that Birkal Rotom-H is awesome. Seriously, that's very well done, and quite funny too. I've always had a soft spot for Spheal as well... you've nailed it. In fact there really isn't much to say about the rest of the stuff save praise. Tepig might use sliightly darker shading, but it's a little earlier in terms of being made, so it's not such a big deal.

That Pyroak.. hnng, so good. I love it. ;-; The only thing I might point out is that the tail doesn't taper as much as it looks like it should.

Really, keep drawing! You do excellently and I'd love to see more!
  14. tennisace

tennisace
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
    Social Media Chief

i both agree with and object to your title

guess i'll just spheal with it
  15. ium

ium dein haar riecht gut

i was bored in class.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
  16. Oglemi

Oglemi The Legend of Oglemi: The Wiener Waker
    is a Tournament Directoris a member of the Site Staffis a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris an Administratoris a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
    C&C Leader

17. Annoyer

Annoyer =)~

all I have to say is that you have a terrible signature
    (Luvdisc'd)
  18. ebeast

ebeast she's probably sexting nprtprt
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

ium's too lazy to post so here's his work for the most recent issue of the smog:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

p.s. ium is a butt
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2014
  19. Limi

Limi
    is a Smogon IRC AOPis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

ium, still busy?
    if not, draw me a cool loner absol or something please. :]
  20. ium

ium dein haar riecht gut

uGH i dont know ;--------------; i'm just rly lazy

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  21. ium

ium dein haar riecht gut

spl is coming up soon

[​IMG]

i had to do this one at like 4 am on very short notice

i blame jelli and eraddd
    Regime likes this.
  22. Django

Django
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

No really can you draw bambi pls
  23. ium

ium dein haar riecht gut

dingle sux
    [​IMG]
  24. ium

ium dein haar riecht gut

lmao i hate birkal so much

[​IMG]

[01:22:58] <+ium> jellicent meet your cousin
    [01:23:34] <~Jellicent> oh, eww
    [01:24:08] <~Jellicent> i'm not gonna incest with it, if that's what you were trying to do

[​IMG]
  25. Zebraiken

Zebraiken AA8
    is a member of the Site Staffis an official Team Rateris a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Battle Server Moderator
    NU Co-Leader

can you make a pumbloom for me pls

thx ium ur art is pretty :>

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)