1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. Please refer to this thread for the current Smogon Tier Lists.
  3. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Hello everyone

Discussion in 'VGC' started by Rayz0r, Aug 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rayz0r

Rayz0r

I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to post a new thread, I didn't know where else to put it. Anyways, I love pokemon and want to get into competitively battle someday. I plan on learning at Smogon and maybe a few other sites and then practicing on Pokemon Showdown until I download Shoddy battle and or Pokemon online. Then, with experience, practice, and knowledge, I'll use what I learned on cartridge games. After all that I plan on being 16-18 (I'm 14 now) and want to get into actual competitions by that time or sooner. However, I plan on going at my own pace and taking it slow an studying up. This is a "university" after all haha. I've already skimmed most articles on Smogon (and The Smog), Nugget bridge, and Psypoke so I think I have a general idea about the metagame. Any and all help regardless of topic is greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.
  2. voodoo pimp

voodoo pimp Apply directly to the forehead
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Welcome to Smogon! We actually don't do introduction threads here, so there really isn't a proper place for this. Based on what you said, I assume you are not looking at the VGC metagame (last I heard, Showdown doesn't currently support double battles), so you will want to look at one of these forums if you want to learn more about Smogon's single battle metagames. If I misunderstood you and you are in fact interested in VGC, then feel free to ask any questions you have in this thread or check out our tutoring program. In any case, I hope you enjoy your time here, and good luck with your battles!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)