1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Hello this is a CFickle thread and if you are click this thread then

Discussion in 'Smogon's Greatest Hits' started by ls, May 24, 2006.

1. ls

ls
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnus

you are reading a CFickle thread.

Haha.

So anyway I was thinking about stuff when we were discussing some novel today (it has to do with ummm women with axes. but it is NOT interesting. wtf?). And it's apparently an allegory... Well, that's pretty cool? Kinda anyway. SO I was thinking hm. What kind of allegories might I have been starin at and never getting? Well, DUH. DBZ.

NOW BEFORE YOU GET YOUR BRITCHES IN A BUNCH realize that well ok yeah DBZ is for kids. Yeah, so what? So's Sesame Street. But it's still high class shit. :) Right so.. my theory.

DBZ is an allegory for World War II and the ensuing cold war. It's making perfect sense in my mind and soon it will make perfect sense in yours too.

Ok well so there's this huge empire spanning the galaxy right? Right. Freeza's. Hitler's. But BEFORE we get to the main event, that being World War II, we have the fucking Spanish Revolution. It's the pre-show. DRAGONBALL!! It's where Goku learns to fight, right? Hah. Makin more sense now? CFIckle wouldnt lead you astray.

So now we get to World War II and um the Japanese or the SAIYA-JINS (them being Vegita and Radditz) launch Pearl Harbor, killing Goku. KILLING GOKU. There is a brief interregnum where GOKU has to go in full war production period (Training with King- Kei-Sensei.) But then when the saiya-jins (Vegita and Radditz) come so begins the Pacific Theater. Right? Of course. Nappa represents the first half of the War in the Pacific where we lost a LOT of people but um we didnt really win much and we were kinda weak and then Vegeta-sama represents the second half where ok yeah we're stronger but so are they but that's ok because we kick his Jap ass. Yeah.

BUT There is a greater power out there the Japs (Vegita and Nappa) were only workin for. Freeza. YEah, the big guy. He goes from planet to planet slaughterin people (THE HOLOCAUST but i dont think the aliens were jewish in the anime asuka can you confirm or deny??) and also he is looking for immortality with the dragon balls. guess what? hitler wanted a fucking thousand year reich. an immortal german nazi empire oh my god. then goku representing america and um gohan represents britain piccolo represents Stalin's Soviet Union and krillin represents China (he is dumb and can't do much). Hitler is defeated by America nearly single-handedly like in World War II.

But then there is a cold war. And someone that LOOKS like Piccolo (remember that he is the USSR) comes on the scene. Cell. And thus begins an arms race of training in some other dimension or some shit. Yeah. and like in the cold war nothing much happens for the rest of DBZ's run which was like 600 episodes and then um Buu dies because he couldnt keep up the spending war with goku.

That leads to of course the question. Is Dragonball GT commentary on the post-cold war world? no because dbgt just sucks.

and that was a cfickle thread.
  2. chaos

chaos
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Battle Server Administratoris a Programmeris a Smogon IRC SOPis a Contributor to Smogonis an Administratoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
    Owner

you should send this into a peer reviewed journal, the responses would be awesome
  3. ToP

Well personally I think that The Grapes of Wrath is an allegory for the Israelites exodus out of Egypt, but you're entitled to think whatever you want xD
  4. Sanders

Sanders
    is a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus

it all makes sense now ...
  5. ls

ls

this thread is notn about the grapes of wrath please take that shit OUT of my thread thanks in advance
  6. meddle

meddle
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

I never watched DBZ so I can't really judge, but a good read nonetheless. It reminds me of the time my history professor convinced us all that Star Wars was an allegory for the Vietnam War.
  7. The HavoX

The HavoX

Gah, what am I doing in this thread? I shouldn't be reading this!

*fucks off*
  8. giga

giga
    is a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

fuck off

great post cf :)
  9. Yuki

Yuki

Interesting theory.

But when did the Germans learn the Kamhamea wave?
  10. ls

ls

did freeza ever use the kamehameha??

NO!!!!!!
  11. DM

DM Ce soir, on va danser.
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnus

this is me posting in a CFickle thread:

SpaceFlare

Nice theory
  13. Exodia

Exodia

14. Siphai

Siphai

You cannot fool me this is not a TRUE CFickle thread!
  15. Altmer

Altmer rid this world of human waste
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

IM me ;-) i'll show uyo whats what :-D
  16. Infinitium

Infinitium

I heavily endorse of this CFickle thread.
  17. Chimaira

Chimaira

DBGT is the only DBZ show that does not suck.

Therefore your point does not make sense.
  18. .astrokid

.astrokid

tfl;dr

yo!
  19. ThundaBolt

ThundaBolt

when goku uses spirit bomb that is like japan getting hit with the atomic bomb right?
  20. Chimaira

Chimaira

The funny part being that just about every DBZ character looks japanese. The few looking like Americans always get their asses kicked.

Makes you think, doesn't it?
  21. rikku

rikku

i lol`d
  22. leafgreen386

leafgreen386

I SUPPORT THIS MOTION!
  23. dynamo

dynamo

that was a good read, pretty good too, makes me think of actually paying more attention to possible allegories I notice
  24. Mekkah

Mekkah
    is a Super Moderatoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
    Super Moderator

Your post was too long; therefore, I didn't read it.
  25. Kongler

Kongler
    is a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

post awesome. never saw this perspective. it changes my whole outlook on genocide! 5 stars!

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)