HellSand Team (Sandstorm Team)

Hello Guys,
I need your help, I developed this team, but I really think that you can suggest improvements.

So, let me introduce:

Machamp (M) Lum Berry
Trait: No Guard
EVs: 240 HP / 248 Atk / 16 SpD / 4 Spe
Naive Adamant
- Dynamic Punch
- Ice Punch
- Bullet Punch
- Payback

My lead of this team. Obviously, this is the Machamp Lead from DP, but, I really like him and I think that he can work well, the Dynamic Punch is his first weapon. I have priority with Bullet Punch, Ice punch helps against Dragons and Grass, Payback is cool against psychic and Ghosts.

Tyranitar (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 4 HP/ 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Pursuit
- Rock Slide
- Crunch
- Superpower

The core member of the team, "The sand streamer". I use Choice Scarf Tyranitar instead of Choice Band as it can easily be faster than a lot of Pokémon, he has Rock Slide instead of Stone Edge (because of the rate of success) and Crunch is a very good move. He is not the lead, because I want to change the weather after the other team.

Gliscor (M) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 248 Def / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Ice Fang
- Roost

This is my physical Wall, Gliscor can take care of dragons and grass with Ice Fang, Toxic will help to poison the enemy. Roost will work with Toxic Orb, we will have a lot of recovery. Earthquake is the stab move, very useful.

Empoleon (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Roar

Empoleon is a good weapon against Sunny Day Teams, after the weather was destroyed by Tyranitar. His weakness against Electric is a problem, but he is very good using Scald, Ice Beam and Roar is used to shuffle the opponents team. Stealth Rock is easy to setup with him.

Infernape (M) @ Expert Belt
Trait: Blaze
EVs: 180 Atk / 76 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Overheat
- Close Combat
- Thunderpunch
- Hidden Power Ice

The mixed attacker from DPP, It works as before, as we can read in the smogon description: "This set focuses on Infernape's great coverage and offensive stats to wreck switch-ins and break through defensive cores." And as we know, he is awesome with sandstorm teams.

Gengar (M) @ Black Sludge
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Pain Split

With this Gengar, is possible to kill a lot of threats against my team. And its a good gengar to trade in when we have Tyranitar being in danger against a fighting move. Shadow ball has stab, substitute is good in the sandstorm and Pain Split is awesome against walls. Focus blast helps when we have normal enemies.

---

Yes, I know, I don`t have a Rapid Spinner, it`s bad, I would like to ask your help, cause I want to make a very good team, competitive...

Last edited:

ShootingStarmie

Bulletproof
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hi there, so I'm here to rate your team as you requested.

So by the looks of it, this is a balanced Sand team that uses pretty cool Pokemon like Empoleon and Infernape. Tyranitar is your revenge killer, Machamp is your lead, and Gengar is your Spin Blocker and messes with Stall teams. Awesome. However, I'm seeing a few problems with your team.

The first thing I noticed is that Rain teams really give you a headache. Your main answer to rain teams is Empoleon, which is easily dealt with by Rotom-W and Keldeo, both of which are found on Rain teams. I feel maybe having both Infernape and Machamp is kinda redundant, as they are both Fighting types, and both punch holes in the opposing team. With Team Preview in generation 5, "leads" don't really exist anymore. You instead pick a lead based on how well it matches up with your opponent's potential lead. You say that your team doesn't have a Rapid Spinner, which in your opinion is bad, so I'll try to find room for a Rapid Spinner on your team as well.

So, here are my suggestions to help improve your team.

1) Replace Machamp with SpDef Celebi. Celebi provides you with a great counter to Rotom-W, Keldeo, and other threats found on Rain teams. It also synergizes with your team really nicely, as you have now created a Water / Fire / Grass core. Like I said before, "leads" don't really exist like the did back in gen 4, and having two Fighting types might be a waste.

2) Change Empoleon to Starmie. Starmie offers you support in the form of Rapid Spin, clearing your side of the field from hazards. You think this is pretty important, and it's a pretty simple change. Infernape still does really nicely vs Sun teams, as well as Tyranitar does, and Celebi and Starmie combined allow you to check Rain teams really nicely too.

3) Fit Stealth Rock onto Gliscor. This is a pretty small change, but it's pretty important that you keep Stealth Rock on your team, as it's arguably the best move in the game. I suggest replacing Ice Fang with Stealth Rock, as you already have Infernape's HP Ice (and Starmie's Ice Beam if you choose to use Starmie).

Here are the sets.

Celebi @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 40 Spd / 216 SDef
Calm Nature
- Baton Pass
- Giga Drain
- Psychic
- Recover

SpDef Celebi as mentioned before checks Rain teams, as well as Keldeo and Rotom-W really nicely thanks to it's typing, ability, and stats. EVs are used to maximise special bulk while out speeding Adamant Breloom, Choice Banded Scizor, and most Tyranitar (only Choice Scarf out speed you). Baton Pass is used to gain momentum for your team, and prevents you from being Pursuit trapped by Tyranitar and Scizor. Giga Drain is used for STAB and has solid power, accuracy, and heals you a little bit. Psychic is also STAB and keeps Breloom, Keldeo, and other Fighting types. Finally, Recover is used to keep Celebi healthy for the majority of the match.

Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Rapid Spin

So Starmie also checks Rain teams nicely, as it can out speed and 2HKO almost everything commonly found on Rain teams. However, the main reason for using Starmie is of course for Rapid Spin. Anyway, EVs are used to maximize power and speed, letting you out speed Gengar, Keldeo, Latios, and Tornadus. Hydro Pump is STAB and hit's very very hard when boosted by Life Orb and Starmie's ability Analytic (which activates when your opponent switches). Ice Beam and Thunderbolt create the infamous "BoltBeam" coverage, which is only resisted by Mamoswine and Magnezone in the OU tier (both of which are smashed by Hydro Pump). Finally, Rapid Spin is used to support the team by clearing your field of hazards.

Well, there's my rate. I hope my suggestions helped you, and good luck with the team in the future. If you have any questions please feel free to ask.

ShootingStarmie

Bulletproof
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hey ShootinStarmie, thanks a lot,
but, Celebi is pretty hard to find, can I use Roserade or Amoonguss?
Oh, I didn't notice this was an in game team. Eh, Ammonguss checks Rain teams pretty nicely too, as does Roserade. If you can however, I highly suggest you try your best to get Celebi.

Thanks ShootinStarmie, maybe, if I can't get celebi, here is my plan:

Empoleon, Tyranitar, Infernape (or Starmie), Gliscor, Metagross (choice band) and Roserade (black sludge). What do you think?

Oh, after reading the third post, I noticed it was in-game. I was gonna recommend Celebi on this team too as well lol. Well, here is my recomendations:

Pokemon Changes:

->

Here is the reason why, it perfectly counters Rain Teams. Also, I'd recommend using This Site, it will help you be a better player and all Pokemon are available:)
->

I prefer Tentacruel on Sand teams over Starmie because of the better bulk it has. Plus, it takes advantage of the opposition with Rain Dish. It too has Rapid Spin, while not having a Pursuit weakness burdening it down. It also gives you a nice Fire/Water/Grass core. Yes, now you have four Pokemon weak to Psychic, but ScarfTar traps them anyways and Gengar can handle most of them.

Moveset Changes:

Rock Slide -> Stone Edge (Stone Edge is so much better for power. But I guess if you are worrying too much with this, then go ahead and use Rock Slide.)
Superpower -> Fire Blast (The drop isn't worth it, use Fire Blast to nail Scizor and Forretress on the switch. No, you don't really need that much investment to slay them. In fact, it just needs a Hasty nature if you opt for Fire Blast, and with 0 investment it will have a 50% Chance to OHKO 252/252+ Scizor after Stealth Rock, while even guaranteeing to OHKO on 252/252+ Forretress. But nobody runs 252/252+ on either of these Pokemon, this is just a demonstration.)

Ice Fang -> Stealth Rock (With the Empoleon removal, you need a Stealth Rocker, Gliscor prefers it over Ice Fang anyways)
Roost -> Substitute (This one is iffy for me, both are usable, I prefer Substitute to aid ToxicSand Stall, between Protect and Sub + Toxic Heal, it is getting enough health it needs imo.)

ThunderPunch -> Stone Edge (ThunderPunch is outclassed by Stone Edge right? I'm not too sure why you'd use ThunderPunch anyways. If you have any specific reason why, feel free to let me know)
Hidden Power Ice -> U-Turn (In conjunction with Overheat and its High Base Speed, this combo is deadly. It can easily launch off powerful Overheats, then switch away and brush off the -2 Drop)

Focus Miss Blast -> Disable (This one is iffy as well, both have their merits, but I have found SubDisable way too valuable to pass up)

Import The Sets:
Code:
Amoonguss @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 Def
Calm Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Clear Smog
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Ability: Rain Dish
EVs: 244 Def / 248 HP / 16 Spd
Bold Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Protect
- Toxic Spikes

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Hasty Nature
- Fire Blast
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 248 Def / 244 HP / 16 Spd
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Substitute
- Toxic
- Earthquake

Infernape @ Expert Belt
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SAtk
Hasty Nature
- Close Combat
- Overheat
- U-turn
- Stone Edge

Gengar @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Spd / 4 HP / 252 SAtk
Timid Nature
- Disable
- Substitute
- Pain Split
- Shadow Ball
Comments I Have:
This team is good! I would prefer it to become stallier, that is why I made these suggestions. Yes, I see that you have three Poison-Types, but only one of them is weak to Ground, while they are all weak to Psychic, Gengar can handle them with Shadow Ball and have Tyranitar pick off the ones that survive. The only really prominent OU Psychic-Types are Espeon, Lati's, Reuniclus, and Alakazam. That is five Pokemon, all of which are easily picked off by Tyranitar. This team gets nice synergy together, keep up the great work man!

Hey Chesnaught, thanks a lot for your opinion! I will study these changes and apply them. Thanks a lot for your time and opinion :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)