ORAS NU Helm Squad Or Die

My First Rmt, dont feel like intro so lets go.
Something in me wanted to use deosharp, but since i cant use deoxys or bisharp in nu, i made my own version of it.

upload_2015-3-5_0-29-8.png

Deo (Garbodor) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Aftermath
Evs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch / Seed Bomb
- Toxic Spikes

This is standard hazard stacking garbodor. Drain punch gives some souls and seed bomb hits seismitoad and miscellaneous ground types. Use only 1 layer of toxic spikes if thier team is offensive.. or 0 if u see a zangoose.

upload_2015-3-5_0-35-11.png

Sharp (Pawniard) @ Eviolite
Ability: Defiant
Evs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Def / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Knock Off / Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Stealth Rock

ikr stealth rock pawniard? Pawniard has many roles in this team, blocking defogs, checking bird types and most importantly pursuit trapping xatu so garbage man can do his thing. He also can tank psychic moves aimed at garbodor. Iron head hits cradily and audino much harder, while also hitting hariyama decently.

Rapid Spin Blocked.jpg
(i made this pic in paint isn't it beautiful)

Rotom @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
Evs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Shadow Ball
- Will-O-Wisp
- Trick / Thunderbolt

Rip Drifblim. Rotom doubles as a spinblocker and solid feraligatr check. Personally I prefer hp water in the last slot to hit mega camel and rhydon, but i understand not everyone is as anti meta as me.

upload_2015-3-5_0-52-6.png

Xatu @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Magic Bounce
Evs: 176 Hp / 136 Def / 196 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Roost
- Giga Drain
- Psyshock

Cancer burd at its finest. Standard calm mind + roost to stallbreak. Giga drain is actually for rhydon and seismitoad since steelix is no longer an issue. Enough speed to creep Sawk. Heat wave isnt needed because rocky helmet beats ferroseed 1v1 anyway. Psyshock > psychic to beat audino. aint nobody got time to be rapid spinnin.

Feraligatr @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Evs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant / Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Ice Punch
- Earthquake

This team needed a wincon and a wallbreaker to abuse hazards. Feraligatr takes the job easily as it stop typhlosion from clicking eruption and it helps beat ground types this team seems weak too. Jolly nature outspeeds swellow, but adamant is recommended for more power.

(if u dont get this reference your not a man)

nice and glue (Torterra) @ Yache Berry / Leftovers
Ability: Shell Armor
Evs: 240 HP / 16 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Stone Edge
- Roar
- Synthesis

this team has several weaknesses including setup mons, ground types and electric types. I added spdef torterra because i needed a electric immunity since 3 mons are weak to electric. Roar helps beat calm mind musharna, certain baton passers, and random boosters as well. Roar also takes advantage of hazard stack. Wood Hammer hits incredily hard even if uninvested and stone edge is best coverage to hit xatu. Synthesis helps keeps torterra healthy. Leftovers provide passive healing, but yache berry provides a failsafe way to kill feraligatr and gorebyss. Shell armor is best ability because if your name is oshony you always get critted at the wrong time.

If you really love me hit that like button and share the love.

Last edited:
Defensive Garbodor/Rocks Pawniard/Special Drifblim/CM Xatu/DD Gatr/Spdef Torterra

Hey Oshony PokeGod this is a pretty cool team, however there are some things that i would reccommend you change.

Defensive Garbodor doesn't really fit on a "DeoSharp" style team. Because of that, i'm going to reccommend that you try Lead Cacturne as it has a lot of good lead matchups and can get up spikes rather efficiently.

Another suggestion i'm going to make is that you put Rotom > Drifblim as right now your team is extremely weak to DD gatr and if it gets up to +1 it OHKO's everything except your own Gatr. Rotom provides a solid check, while still being able to spinblock your hazards and provide a bird check.

Finally just some set optimizations. Pawniard should probably run the Swords Dance set found on the analysis to actually beat the likes of Musharna and MegaDino. Xatu should probably run Signal Beam > Giga Drain as Torterra beats most bulky rocks anyways and it helps against Malamar which is a huge threat to you atm. Finally if you take Stealth Rock off of Pawniard, then ot would be beneficial to re-add them onto Torterra in place of Roar. Hope I could help n_n

Cacturne @ Focus Sash
Ability: Sand Veil
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Spikes
- Bullet Seed
- Sucker Punch
- Destiny Bond / Counter

Rotom @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt / Will-O-Wisp
- Trick

Last edited:
Nothing on this team fits on a "DeoSharp" style of team, barring the Life Orb half of Feraligatr and Pawniard. The whole idea of DeoSharp is getting up early hazards and then keeping up pressure to keep them on the field, with Bisharp there to punish Defog. Common NU Defoggers, Pelipper, Mantine, Prinplup, and so on, can just spam Scald and pray for a burn against Pawniard before using Defog because there's nothing to pressure them on this team, and your only Water resist is Feraligatr, which doesn't want to take a burn.

You can take this team and make it more aggressive, as Can-eh-dian suggested, or you can keep it more balanced. If you do make the team more aggressive, I don't see a reason not to use Stealth Rock on something else and run standard SD Pawniard. You can run something like offensive Stealth Rock Mesprit instead and then run special LO Spikes Cacturne as a way of pressuring Xatu so that you don't need Pursuit on Pawniard. Making the team more offensive would require a massive revamp of the entire team though.

If you decide to keep it more balanced like it is now, I'd still run Scarf Rotom as a spinblocker over Drifblim as another way of pressuring bulky Water-types. I also don't know why you'd ever run Rocky Helmet Feraligatr.

Anyway, I know this rate is kind of messy, but that's because you have different directions you can take the team. Either way, the team in its current state is inefficient and could use some work. Best of luck with it.

Few changes I considered.

Drop Rocky Helmet on feraligatr and stick to life orb, i lose some realness but ill take it.

Drifblim >> Scarf Rotom it serves as a more solid feraligatr check, as well as burn utility.

I also dropped rocky helmet from torterra in exchange for yache berry. It can catch feraligatr's and gorebyss's by luring in the ice punch/beam tanking it, and going to for the ko.

I still havent decided to dedicate pawniard to standard sd set yet, I need to test the team out a little more

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)