Help! D:

So, my experience with the RU Tier is pretty new, so some help with my team would be appreciated! Personally I'm not very good at battling but I try to do my best, so bear with me xD. Before you ask it, yes I did tried my team out in Pokémon Showdown (in witch I am ranked at 1370-1380). Anyway, without further ado, here is my team!

Lilligant (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Sleep Powder
- Petal Dance
- Giga Drain

Do I even need to say that she is a sweeper? xD As for her kit I'm thinking that it's pretty ok, the problem that i have with her in this team is that I think there is someone better. I like the Grass coverage but overall I find sometimes difficult to sweep, and if I do manage to set up, they always place a Druddigon or a Steelix against her.

Lanturn @ Leftovers
Trait: Volt Absorb
EVs: 4 Def / 252 HP / 252 SDef
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Thunder Wave
- Heal Bell

Before having Lanturn, I used to have an Alomomola in my team for the Wish pass thing, but I find out that I has to have a Heal Bell (mostly for helping Lilligant to sweep). The Toxic and Thunder Wave I think is a mistake, but I really want to have 2 options for stopping a fast sweeper or surpassing a Wall.

Druddigon @ Rocky Helmet
Trait: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Atk
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Sucker Punch
- Outrage
- Earthquake

Here mostly for Stealth Rock and as a counter to the random Cinccino's (and other physical attackers) in the tier. The Sucker Punch is, as you guessed, for revenge killing, while Outrage and EQ are here for coverage. I never thing of sweeping with him, but it always manages to deal some heavy damage.

Sigilyph @ Life Orb
Trait: Magic Guard
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
IVs: 30 SAtk
- Psychic
- Heat Wave
- Air Slash
- Roost

Not the Cosmic Power set, but it always manages to make me feel smart to putting him in the team xD. The Heat Wave is really useful against Steelix and other pokemons that are weak to Fire, while Psychic and Air Slash are here mostly for coverage. Roost is maybe something I could switch out, even though I really like it.

Cinccino @ Life Orb
Trait: Skill Link
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Tail Slap
- Bullet Seed
- Rock Blast
- Aqua Tail

Ok, I sometimes struggle to find her doing her job (blocking Stealth Rock users to use Stealth Rock), so I really wonder... who should I replace her? I don't have much to say about her, except help me with her D:

Hitmonlee (M) @ Fighting Gem
Trait: Unburden
Careful Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Mach Punch
- Return

Ok then, I really like my choice with him. I wonder of Sawk ('cause of Mold Breaker and Knock Off) may be a better choice, but the priority in Mach Punch and the overall more damage and Unburden is what keeps him in the team.
So, I did my job on explaining my team that, as you can see, is not the best. I know that I'm not the best, but I'm up to constructive comments!

Last edited:
You actually have a pretty nice team there! The main thing that really bothers me is dual grass stab on lilligant, change either giga drain or petal dance to hidden power rock. Im guessing you choose to have two grass attacks for not beeing locked in, and hp rocks covers all grass weaknesses. Also, you should have fake out + normal gem for hitmonlee. Change close combat to hi jump kick, and i think eartquake would be better than return.

You also have 3 attacks on your druddigon, but is a defensive set (im guessing, it forms a very nice core in combination with laturn). You should change outrage to dragon claw and earthquake to glare/something else since you already have twave on laturn. (I now look up druddigons smogon set and see that your set is very similar but with the attack ev's moved to defense). Do whatever you want i guess (is that actually beeing helpfull?), but with 3 attacks you will need more attack investment.

Hope i helped, might post the set for hitmonlee later but you can do it yourself.

Last edited:
Thank you for the nice comment! I found it helpful and I'll go try it out. If I find good changes or something that i want to say about your advicesm I'll make sure to say it here.... plus, I think of putting Dragon Tail on Druddigon, just saying that!

You have Cincinno listed with 25 Attack lol. Why the 30 SpAtk IV on Sigilyph? I do recommend Sucker Punch over Return on Hitmonlee, and an Adamant nature.

I recommend replacing Giga Drain with HP Rock. It's the only way for Lilligant to have more coverage outside of Petal Dance. Granted if she sets up 2 or three QDs, she's set to sweep everything. But Giga Drain is just a waste of moveslot there. A Timid Nature would also help you outspeed some foes. After +2 QD and Life Orb, the Modest Nature would just be overkill, which is kind of unnecessary.

Lilligant (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Sleep Powder
- Petal Dance
- Hidden Power Rock

Consider having Dragon Tail on Druddigon. Since it almost always going to move last, you might as well rake up Entry Hazard damage. And it's bulky enough to damage at least 2-3 switches before it goes down. You can switch Rocky Helmet for Leftovers for passive recovery and longevity of raking up Entry Hazard damage, but chances are you will be KO'ed before that. Your call. If you're going for Dragon Tail, you might as well go for Glare to spread paralysis.

Druddigon @ Rocky Helmet/Leftovers
Trait: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Atk
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Sucker Punch
- Dragon Tail
- Glare

Unburden Hitmonlee isn't compatible with Sucker Punch. So pick Earthquake instead. QuakeEdge is a good combo. A SpD-boosting nature coupled with a STAB that reduces SpD doesn't make much sense. I think you might just go with Adamant.

Hitmonlee (M) @ Fighting Gem
Trait: Unburden
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Mach Punch
- Earthquake

If you're looking to replace Cinccino, have a Spinner instead. Hitmonchan comes to mind. He's a great Spinner, but also has great Attacking prowess and priority. Cryogonal has great Special Defensive bulk, which can help balance the team's synergy a bit.

Good Luck. Have Fun.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)