1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Help Me in the Fight Against Cancer!

Discussion in 'Congregation of the Masses' started by Undefinedmaster, Feb 10, 2012.

1. Undefinedmaster

Undefinedmaster

Well, not just Cancer. This will help many diseases.

There is a program that makes your computer think about how certain proteins develop into their final stages, helping scientists find treatments and cures for many diseases. (For more info, go here).

So, to get people to help, I am having this thread! At the end of this post, there on instructions on downloading. Be sure to follow them carefully, otherwise you can not participate in this.

Now, I wouldn't just have you download to get nothing in return! In this program, you get "points" overtime. Really, this is finding information on proteins, like i said before. Once, all together, we get 100,000 points, the ten (and i may add more) people who got the most "points" will get battle ready pokemon of their choice. You tell me the EVs you want, (please try to make it a simple 252/252/4, this takes time and effort), the nature (in some cases i may not be able to get it but i will try), and moveset. I have fairly caught nearly every pokemon in the games, and it's taken me many years.

After you follow the instructions below, post that you are entering. If you have questions please PM me, I want only entering posts on the thread.

Instructions:

1. Go to this website: http://folding.stanford.edu/English/Download

2. Download the F@H(Folding at Home) program and install it.

3. When its done installing, run the program.

4. Go to the F@H in the taskbar(Bottom Right) and right click and click configure.

5. Username = mrkrupp
    Team Number = 143016
    Don't type anything were it says "Passkey"

And remember, like any other program, when you log off your computer, or shut down, the program closes, so whenever you do, simply run the program again (dont worry, you will only have to type this stuff in the first time)
  2. DeathxShinigami

DeathxShinigami

This...doesn't even belong in a general pokemon forum section...
  3. Undefinedmaster

Undefinedmaster

Sorry I couldn't find a section to put it in. Whenever I tried to put it in the wifi section, when I reloaded the page, it said "invalid thread".
  4. Tobes

Tobes "The absolute strongest reindeer"
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winner

Moved this here since I figured it was the best place to put it.
  5. the interwebs

the interwebs

this seems pretty cool.

does it just stop working when there's no internet connection?
  6. az

az I DON'T NEED A MAN
    is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

i dont need a reason to help people
  7. ButteredToast

ButteredToast

Strange concept, but I guess I'll do it...
  8. iDunno

iDunno

I will never ever do this unless I get paid.

just kidding I've already had this downloaded on my ps3 for like 2 years or something XD

I hope for the good of humanity that God thinks this is ok so more people will do this.
  9. shnen

shnen שוני
    is a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

I'll do this
  10. Exclamation!

Exclamation!

Pretty much this. Oh, and if you have a PS3 you can also download the Folding At Home app. It's pretty much the same thing as this program but on the console. You just have to leave it turned on when you're not playing and that's it. It's as simple as that and it can save lifes.

Edit: The PS3 app is actually called "Life With Playstation" You can read about it here.
  11. iss

iss happily ever after
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Lifes?

This sounds pretty cool though, considering it's been around for a long time I'll try it out.
  12. Kromlech

Kromlech

This has been in my sig since 2007 lol.
  13. Exclamation!

Exclamation!

I made a mistake in my previous post. The PS3 app is actually called "Life With Playstation" You can read about it here.
  14. Undefinedmaster

Undefinedmaster

No don't believe so.

Then please do. I can see you haven't.

I wonder if you're religious.

Sorry about thing below.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)