SM OU Help with Mega Venusaur Balance team

Hi, Im trying to perfect this team, has a few flaws Im trying to cover. The team is weak to Trapper Heatran, Hawlucha, Mega Medicham and Gallade.

Skarmory @ Shed Shell
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Whirlwind
- Drill Peck
- Roost
The teams physical wall, usually I lead Garchomp and hit them with an unexpected Toxic then switch to Skarmory and remove rocks, Whirlwind has been very valuable being to able to counter dangerous setup like Mimikyu and Sub users. Drill Peck allows me to damage Hawlucha and Medicham which mauls the rest of my team.

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Earthquake
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis
- Giga Drain
Physically defensive mega Venusaur is able to check certain physical threats Skarmory cant handle, Zygarde, Mega Swampert. Not really sure on what to run, if i choose Sassy nature the aforementioned might overwhelm the team, but the payoff is that Heatran wont be able to 2hko with Magma Storm. Earthquake is seemingly a must for this set as otherwise Heatran will really fuck the team up, and Garchomp can only take so much. The teams only reliable switch in to Tangrowth, and T Spikes remover.

Garchomp @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Toxic
- Stone Edge
Scarf Garchomp, the teams dance killer. I imediately switch this guy turn1 on Charizard, Volcarona and maim them with Stone Edge. Not much to be said, i used to run Iron Head on him for Diancie and A-Ninetail leads, but I switched to toxic as most of the time my opponents will immediately switch their Landorus.

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Wish
- Toxic
- Protect
- Heal Bell
The teams cleric, is probably the most valuable pokemon on the team because of the wish passing, fully heals Garchomp, which allows it to take more Magma storms, and allows Lele to last longer. Is prone to being setup bait. Heal Bell is crucial to heal Garchomp from burn, usually from Lava Plume Heatran, and helps the team overall in instances of freeze hax. Protect and Wish to go heal yourself, and for dealing damage i chose Toxic over ST so i can make double use of protect and to be able to take down certain threats with recovery moves like Latias and Zapdos.

Tapu Lele @ Life Orb
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Moonblast
The teams firepower, this beast can handle the typical Sableye stall team by itself, as Life Orb isnt expected and they immediately switch to Chansey which Psyshock 2hkos. Its also checks Medicham to an extent but cannot directly switch into it. Modest is chosen over Timid as it allows you to ohko defensive Landorus.

Magnezone @ Assault Vest
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 128 HP / 252 SpA / 128 Speed
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Discharge
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon
The glue to my team, traps and kills off annoying steel types. Assault Vest is chosen over Specs to compliment the overall bulkiness of this team, and allows you to counter Lele. The speed evs is to outspeed noninvested Mega Scizor.

Reactions: DKM
Struggling with the afforementioned threats above which are quite common, and has no Stealth Rock setter which i heard is crucial on every top ladder team. Need help with ideal replacements on mons and movesets.

DKM

Are you feeling nervous? Are you having fun?
is a Social Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Hi. This is an interesting team. But there are a few things that I think can be improved.

227.png --> 145.png
Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 152 Def / 108 Spe
Bold Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Roost
- Heat Wave
- Defog

Skarmory isn't a very good pokemon in the current metagame, even as a defogger it's usually outclassed by a lot of things.

Zapdos is a better pokemon in general, being able to take on Hawlucha and Pinsir which are notable threats to the team.

113.png --> 036.png
Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Soft-Boiled/Wish
- Moonblast
- Knock Off/Protect/Stealth Rock

While Chansey is a good cleric it doesn't really do much else for the team. AV Magnezone, Venusaur and Zapdos to an extent take on most top threats.

Clefable gives you a reliable answer to things like Medicham, Lopunny, Zygarde and an emergency check to Hawlucha.

You can either keep Wish support or use the last slot for Knock-Off which helps by removing Heatran's leftovers or use it for Stealth Rock.

(If you choose not to use rocks on Clefable then I suggest using them on Garchomp over Toxic.)

786.pnglifeorb.png--> psychiumz.png
Tapu Lele @ Psychium Z
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]

This is probably Tapu Lele's best set since it breaks teams the best. Calm Mind into Shattered Psyche does a lot of damage even to resists such as Heatran.

Timid is the best nature to be as fast as possible which is important for breakers.

There isn't very much to say but this set allows Lele to be strong without taking Life Orb recoil.

003-m.png
Venusaur-Mega @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 248 HP / 104 Def / 156 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis
- Earthquake

This is probably a more optimal Venusaur spread, the SpD allows it to take on Greninja and Tapu Koko better (especially since I added a Defensive Clefable over a Specially Defensive Chansey)

I hope these changes are helpful if you choose to try them :]

Importable: https://pokepast.es/3f13ef2046fa6c38

~~145.png003-m.png445.png036.png786.png462.png~~​

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)