1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Help with my sweeper team

Discussion in 'BW OU Teams' started by Mister K, Aug 23, 2012.

1. Mister K

Mister K

Hey guys. I made this team purely for power and sometimes I completely blow people away but usually i fall a little short. I'm not sure if it's a speed issue or what but i'd really appreciate some feedback :) Oh, and sorry for not having pictures. I'm new to the site.

Hydreigon @ Shell Bell
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 252 SpA / 4 HP / 252 Spd
    Jolly Modest
    - Dark Pulse
    - Draco Meteor
    - Fire Blast
    - U-turn

I like to lead with Hydreigon because of his great coverage and ability to deal some heavy damage early on with Draco Meteor and with U-Turn the stat drop wouldn't be much of a problem. However he's always getting outsped by other dragon types and getting one hit by the many things he's weak to. I was considering A Choice Scarf but i don't have much experience with one.

Alakazam @ Life Orb
    Trait: Magic Guard
    EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spd / 4 HP
    Jolly Timid
    - Psychic
    - Calm Mind
    - Focus Blast
    - Shadow Ball

Alakazam is the nexus of my team. He has crazy speed and the power to rip apart just about anything. Focus Blast, even with it's low accuracy, is pretty effective when going against a dark type and Shadow Ball one hits his nemesis Gengar.

Breloom @ Toxic Orb
    Trait: Poison Heal
    EVs: 12 HP / 244 Atk / 252 Spd
    Modest Adamant
    - Spore
    - Focus Punch
    - Substitute
    - Seed Bomb

Breloom is the other reason i seem to do well. Spore is obviously a great addition to a team and He can sub up with minimal repercussion thanks to his Poison Heal ability. A Spore/Focus Punch combo forces the opponent to choose between letting their pokemon get pummeled in their sleep or switch into a 150 power STAB attack. Seed Bomb is there so i can have an attack to use in a pinch because of sleep clause or if i need a grass attack to spam and it plays to his high physical attack.

Landorus @ Expert Belt
    Trait: Sand Force
    EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 SAtk
    Bold Naive
    - Earthquake
    - Stone Edge
    - Hidden Power (ice)
    - U-Turn

With how high his stats are i'm really disappointed in Landorus. He deals good damage but has nothing to make him special. Edgequake is great coverage and Hidden Power stops enemy Landorus and Gliscor. I just threw an Expert Belt on him for a little extra power because i didn't know what else to give him.

Cloyster @ White Herb
    Trait: Skill Link
    EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
    Nature: Jolly
    - Icicle Spear
    - Shell Smash
    - Razor Shell
    - Rock Blast

Cloyster is a very interesting pokemon. With Skill Link he can deliver a storm of damage to anything that doesn't resist ice and rock. Razor Shell is his obligatory water type STAB attack while the White Herb given him the boost of Shell Smash without sacrificing defense. All that being said though he doesn't really wow me with his speed or his attack. It's entirely possible i'll switch him with an Icebolt Starmie.

Conkeldurr @ Leftovers
    Trait: Guts
    EVs: 120 HP / 252 Atk / 136 SpD
    Jolly Adamant
    - Drain Punch
    - Mach Punch
    - Bulk Up
    - Stone Edge

Lastly is Conkeldurr who always ends up back on my team for some reason or another. He has an obvious speed issue but i like to think Mach punch is a somewhat weak solution to it. Getting a Bulk Up boost with him is deadly and usually makes the fight very one sided. Drain Punch is a devastatingly strong move that heals him decently and along with Leftovers and his above average defense and health, he has a lot of staying power.
  2. Alexander.

Alexander.
    is a Team Rater Alumnus

Hello, I noted a very big weakness to Tornadus-T, to resolve it you can put Jirachi on Cloyster (I consider it the most useless pokemon in your team).
    Jirachi, also, places the Stealth Rock utility vs Volcarona for example. BTW, Volcarona is a another problem for your team (also with SR because it can destroy your team after 1 Quiver Dance and under sun), you can put Choice scarf on Landorus for revengekiller it.
    Also, I don't like Shell Bell on Hydreigon, use Expert Belt to bluff a choice item or use choice specs.

Jirachi set:
    Show Hide

Jirachi @ Leftovers
    Trait: Serene Grace
    EVs: 252 HP / 224 SDef / 32 Spd
    Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
    - Stealth Rock
    - Body Slam
    - Wish
    - Iron Head

Good luck with your team!
  3. Mister K

Mister K

Choice Scarfing Landorus sounds pretty reasonable. Thanks :)
    Oh, and i was trying to bluff a choice item with him but failed. lol
  4. Dukewarrior13

Dukewarrior13

First I think you should put a scarf on Landorus and use him as your lead in stead of hydreigon. I have used him as my lead for a long time and it is capable of doing a lot of damage or U Turn to saftey.

As for Hydreigon I think putting a Life Orb on him would be better than a shell bell because your Hydreigon is not bulky and cannot take advantage of the recovery.

Finally your team could use some rapid spin support and I would replace cloyster with starmie. I would recommend this set:
    [​IMG]
    Nature: Modest
    4 Hp/ 252 SpA/ 252 Spe
    Item: Expert Belt
    Ability: Natural Cure

Thunderbolt
    Hydro Pump
    Ice Beam
    Rapid Spin

Good Luck!
  5. Mister K

Mister K

I actually just changed Cloyster out for that same Starmie but I can't give Hydreigon Life Orb because Alakazam makes such good use with it.
  6. Dukewarrior13

Dukewarrior13

why cant you give hydreigon a life orb i think you can have two of the same items (or at least on pokemon online)
  7. Mister K

Mister K

not with item clause :/

But the other changes has worked GREAT so far
  8. ala

ala
    is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner

Well if you Scarf Landorus put Expert Belt on Hydreigon, as its a much better item than Shell Bell. If you really want this team to be competitive, consider using a suicide lead like Deoxys-D or something to set up hazards, since on pure offensive teams like this it will turn a lot of 2hkos into ohkos. If you wanted to try that swap out Conkle or Breloom for Deoxys-D or even Smeargle.

Good luck.
  9. Mister K

Mister K

Would need something for Starmie then XD and i'm very happy with both Breloom and Conkeldurr
  10. alkinesthetase

alkinesthetase <@dtc> every day with alk is a bad day
    is a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnus

if you intend on playing hyper offensively, sash is a superior item on zam anyway because it ensures it can come in on any attack. certainly it works fine with LO but sash greatly enhances your revenge killing potential which is the basis of most HO teams. either way shell bell is an utterly useless item and there's no good reason to run it except on FEAR aron.

not really seeing why item clause is a concern anyway; i don't know of any metagame where it's a standard, but i guess to each their own
  11. bluejay8295

bluejay8295

Take out Sub for Breloom and put in Protect. With Protect you can activate the Poison Heal faster. Sub isn't that great unless your in a single battle.
  12. alkinesthetase

alkinesthetase <@dtc> every day with alk is a bad day
    is a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnus

wait wut? this IS a singles team... and breloom is one of the best abusers of substitute in existence because of spore + poison heal. not to mention it's a focus punch set so substitute is not exactly optional
  13. Mister K

Mister K

I also just happened to notice a glaring weakness to ice and specifically how often i get ripped apart by anything with Ice Shard. Any suggestions that don't involve gutting my whole team?

Oh, and as it stands I did put in Starmie for Cloyster and i'm trying a Salamence instead of Hydreigon for speed. Three weak to ice though and two are doubly weak and that's a huge problem.
  14. PDC

PDC soon as your start sleeping catching you offguard
    is an official Team Rateris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributor

Hello, neat team you got here.

First off I suggest you go the route of Scarfing Landorus to be able to revenge important threats like Volcarona, Salamence, and Dragonite with ease. I suggest using a Naive Nature to give Hidden Power Ice the most possible power and allow you to outrun all the latter threats. The problem with Bold is it has no competitive use on a Pokemon like Landorus, and is very counterproductive. I also suggest using a Mixed Hydreigon to nail stall teams thanks to it's great offenses. Running Superpower and Roost over Dark Pulse and U-Turn mean you can break through the special walls like Blissey who dare to switch into you. I suggest running a Rash Nature to give you the most mixed power as possible. As an added bonus I suggest running a Naive Nature with Hydro Pump over Razor Shell to slam the strong Physical walls like Skarmory. It takes as much advantage of the additional Special Boost as possible.

You should run a Focus Sash on Alakazam with a Timid nature to allow it to survive priority and last minute check a multitude of threats. Not only can Alakazam ignore hazards and weather with ease thanks to Magic Guard, forcing out enemies and then having it's Focus Sash intact is a huge bonus. I also suggest running a Adamant Nature on Conkelldurr to really give it as much power as possible. You should also run an Adamant Nature on Breloom to maximize it's offensive potential with Substitute Punching.

Good luck!
  15. Mister K

Mister K

Any thought on how to help my ice weakness? My Landorus and Breloom are key to the functionality of my team but i'm open to switching out Salamence. Just don't want to lose my teams only Fire attack. lol
  16. Gengan

Gengan

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)