DPP Ubers Henry

august

you’re a voice that never sings
is a Community Leaderis a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis the 8th Smogon Classic Winnerwon the 5th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion
OGC Leader
Hey everyone, this is an Ubers team i've been using quite a bit lately to get back into the metagame, and I can surely say its done well, making the leaderboard with minimal effort under GERMANYFTW and being a very fun team to play with in general. The team is called Team UBERBOT, although Tab has affectionetly named the team Henry instead.

At A Glance

**** SPIKEBOT @ Focus Sash
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 Atk/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock
- Extremespeed
- Signal Beam

The stereotypical uber lead once again finds its way into an ubers team. After trying a hoard of leads out (like Sash Tyranitar, which is an amazing lead by the way), I finally found it in myself to try out Deoxys-e. Stealth Rock and Spikes are the heart and soul of this team; without them I cannot win nearly as much. Signal Beam + Extreme Speed are enough to beat most other Sash Deoxys-e leads, as well as Deoxys-a. Something I really enjoy about Deoxys-e is that it draws in alot of Choice Banded Scizor for the revenge kill when it has 1 HP left, which is very easy for Wobbuffett to revenge kill.

I am always open to trying out new leads; I've actually been considering trying out reachzero's Deoxys-a lead set and I have tried out a Deoxys-n set created by Jibaku and Theorymon. The only thing I would miss alot is Spikes, which as you well see in the upcoming analysis of my team, benefits almost all of my sweepers.

Things I am considering: TAUNT! I have found alot of times that pokemon come in after I KO the other lead and use Deoxys-e as set up fodder, pokemon like Calm Mind Kyogre and Swords Dance Rayquaza are especially troublesome, as I already have limited coverage against them as it is now.

**** PSYBOT @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
- Aura Sphere
- Ice Beam
- Selfdestruct
- Thunder

Here is my first Spike abuser; Mewtwo. Mewtwo has an ABSURD number of viable sets, which attributes to high amount of switches it causes. With this set I feel I am the most dangerous, armed with unparalleled coverage and a move to get rid of any greedy stat uppers and a pokemon that walls a large portion of my team; Blissey. Mewtwo and Latios have ridiculous synergy together, with Mewtwo being able to Explode on Blissey which leaves the door wide open for Latios to come in against stall and drop nearly everything with powerful +1 Dragon Pulses and whatnot. Occasionally the only way for teams to deal with Mewtwo is priority, generally from Choice Band Scizor, or Scarfed pokemon like Dialga and Palkia. This is where you see just how heavily my team relies on Wobb to stop these pokemon, as they are usually the only things stopping me.

Darkrai was originally in this slot, but after realizing that Mewtwo had a much easier time breaking down the door early game against stall, I decided it would be for the best if I replaced Darkrai with Mewtwo entirely. Mewtwo is also a very solid check to Life Orb Nasty Plot Darkrai, which is much more troublesome after replacing Kyogre with Latios. Mewtwo's Selfdestruct is generally my safeblanket if CM Kyogre or CM Latias/Latios get too many boosts under their belt. The speed is also great for revenging a hoard of threats.

Things I'm Considering: LO CM Mewtwo or Taunt CM Mewtwo. Taunt CM Mewtwo seems like a great option for overloading Blissey without having to KO myself, and LO CM seems like it'd hit like a nuke against slower offensive teams, although for now I'm rather comfortable using my current set.

**** TERRORBOT @ Life Orb
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Crunch
- Close Combat
- Extremespeed

Perhaps the best abuser of Spikes in the uber metagame is Lucario. If I had to straightout pick the most valuable mon on this team besides Wobb, it'd go to Lucario hands down. It has an absurd amount of chances to boost, and it makes very good use of them. I have tried out Swords Dance Rayquaza in this spot previously, and I can easily say I like Lucario alot more for 2 reasons. The first one is Close Combat, a ridiculously overpowered STAB attack that does not get you locked in, and the 2nd is the 4x Stealth Rock resistance. The biggest drag to me when using Rayquaza was the Stealth Rock weakness, which I often found hampering me when trying to boost and sweep, as well as making me priority fodder in general when sitting at 65-75%. The less powerful Extreme Speed is not a turn off in the least either. Encoring stat uppers with Wobb gives me a very easy Swords Dance and generally leaves me at 97% after one boost, which means i'm not nearly as vulnerable to priority as Rayquaza.

If you haven't noticed already, Lucario is my only steel type and my only Dark resistance alongside 5 dark weaknesses. This puts alot of pressure on Lucario at times, which is something I don't always want, especially seeing how fragile Lucario is as it is. This large dark weakness has not been a problem so far, although if it were to become one I suppose I could just go back to CM Kyogre > CM Latios, which also provides me with extra Taunt CM Mewtwo insurance, as right now I tend to just bludgeon away at it and hope it doesn't come in against Wobb.

Things I'm Considering: CALL ME CRAZY BUT I WANT TO TRY MUSCLE BAND. In all seriousness, I accidentally forgot Life Orb on Lucario in the first version of this team (named after periodic elements!) and found that alot of people just tend to try to wait out Lucario's wrath by switching around to build up Life Orb recoil / Close Combat defense drops until they can use priority to kill it off. With Muscle Band this would be alot harder, although I guess it wouldn't be worth the power loss...

**** ANTISCARFBOT @ Leftovers
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 92 HP/164 Def/252 SDef
Calm nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Mirror Coat
- Encore
- Counter
- Safeguard

The absolute crux of this teams success. Without this pokemon, this team would be nothing. As the nickname states, this is the pokemon I use to get rid of Scarfers like Dialga and Palkia, as well as some Choice Banders like Scizor. I use these 3 pokemon as examples because if you notice my team, these are 3 pokemon that can easily control the match against my team with proper prediction. Once Wobb elminates them, the game easily turns around in my favor. Besides taking out the aforementioned Scarfers, it also provides plenty of free turns for Lucario to Swords Dance, for Latios to Calm Mind, and for Giratina-o to come in to start wreaking havoc. My main mission when I decided to get back into Ubers was to abuse Wobbuffet to it's fullest extent, to create a team to prove to myself just how much it changes the game. I can easily say it has not let me down at all, it is my favorite pokemon in this metagame and perhaps the most broken if played correctly.

Against stall, Wobb is perhaps my biggest tool to gain an advantage. Safeguard grants me a wonderful Toxic Spikes immunity, and since Stall seems to be carrying Scarf Palkia alot to revenge kill threats, it gains me another advantage in that sense. Although Wobb is the teams greatest asset against stall, it's also possibly the greatest asset against offense too, which once again proves how valuable Wobbuffet is to a well constructed Uber team.

Things I'm Considering: Perhaps just a little more special defense to survive Specs Kyogre Surf after Stealth Rock. Other than that I'm pretty set. :heart:

**** JIBABOT @ Platinum Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 44 Atk/252 Spd/212 SAtk
Hasty nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Dragon Pulse
- Shadow Sneak
- Outrage
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Excellent spinblocker. Hidden Power [Fire] is great for keeping Forry away, and occasionally surprisingly it as it switches in as well. You may be curious about Shadow Sneak, but it helps me with my Taunt CM Mewtwo weakness as well as a somewhat god awful CM Latios / Latias weakness. With Hasty and max speed, I become a rather reliable Lucario check in the sun, as well as an Adamant Rayquaza check aswell. Outrage allows me to get a large hit on Blissey, generally enough for an OHKO in wake of several layers and a little previous damage. Dragon Pulse is excellent STAB in Ubers because of the shortness of steels other than Forry / Lucario (not counting Dialga because it still takes neutral dmg from Dragon). Giratina-o is named JIBABOT because it was Jibaku who inspired me to use Giratina-o after reading his uber stall team and writing about it in the Smog, I had just never had much of a chance up until now.

The immunity to Spikes and Toxic Spikes allow me to continuously come into Forretress if I can predict around Payback. The EVs may seem a bit strange, but unless someone can find better ones, I am keeping them. Platinum Orb boosted Outrage has been OHKOing Ho Oh after SR, which is always wonderful (especially against sun oriented stall, where I find Ho Oh difficult to KO sometimes). Stall has been crumbling under the hands of Giratina-o rather quickly when paired with Wobbuffet carnage, and this is a combo I urge you all to at least test.

Things I'm Considering: more attack for a harder hitting Shadow Sneak / Outrage, preferably in place of Special Attack. If anyone has any physical based MixTina-o EVs, please share :heart:. I was considering Thunder > HP Fire when running Kyogre, so if I end up using Ogre > Latios again I will consider changing.

**** POUWERBOT @ Soul Dew
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Calm Mind
- Dragon Pulse
- Thunder

The final member of the team is Latios, but he is certainly not the least. I admit I have not tested Latios as much as I have Kyogre, but after reachzero suggested it and Theorymon gave me a set to use, I fell in love. Latios gives me a better switch into Water Spouts (although not as safe as Latias, its better than nothing). Thunder gives me a tool to hit Kyogre as well, while Dragon Pulse is simple STAB and HP Fire will keep Scizor at bay, which is important because I have 4 bug weaknesses and only 2 resists. Calm Mind allows me to boost my already sky high special attack even higher. I am debating whether or not to use Recover over Hidden Power Fire or not, as Scizor already seems to fear Thunder, the only problem is when its sunny. While Latios only has a few sets seen commonly in Ubers, its sheer power allows it to force switches a large amount of the time. Once Blissey is killed off by Giratina or Mewtwo, stall seems to lack a definite answer for Latios, which is a great advantage.

In place of this was originally 3 Attack Max Speed Timid Kyogre, which while it was a very unexpected sweeper, it seemed to hamper my team more than it helped at times. I am currently juggling between these 2, unsure of which is doing a better job, but am currently using Latios.

Things I'm Considering: Recover over HP Fire; it allows me to keep my perfect speed as opposed to using a speed IV of 30, and allows me to increase longevity, which

Notes to myself:
<@Theorymon> hmm august
<@Theorymon> you might want to try a fire move on Mewtwo
<@august> over thunda?
<@Theorymon> Thunder wont always KO some Kyogre
<@Theorymon> yeah

Log Vs Stall
Code:
Rules: Ladder Match, Sleep Clause, Freeze Clause, OHKO Clause, Evasion Clause, Species Clause, Strict Damage Clause
GERMANYFTW sent out SPIKEBOT (lvl 100 Deoxys-e).
Atra sent out Mad Woman (lvl 100 Wobbuffet ?).
SPIKEBOT is exerting its pressure!
Atra switched in Fake Rock (lvl 100 Forretress ?).
SPIKEBOT used Spikes.
Spikes were scattered around the foe's team!
---
GERMANYFTW switched in JIBABOT (lvl 100 Giratina-o).
Fake Rock used Rapid Spin.
It doesn't affect JIBABOT...
---
Atra switched in Blessly (lvl 100 Blissey ?).
Blessly was hurt by Spikes!
Blessly lost 12% of its health.
JIBABOT used Dragon Pulse.
Blessly lost 15% of its health.
Blessly's leftovers restored its health a little!
Blessly restored 6% of its health.
---
GERMANYFTW switched in SPIKEBOT (lvl 100 Deoxys-e).
SPIKEBOT is exerting its pressure!
Blessly used Seismic Toss.
SPIKEBOT lost 41% of its health.
Blessly's leftovers restored its health a little!
Blessly restored 6% of its health.
---
Atra switched in Mad Woman (lvl 100 Wobbuffet ?).
Mad Woman was hurt by Spikes!
Mad Woman lost 12% of its health.
SPIKEBOT used Stealth Rock.
Pointed stones float in the air around the foe's team!
Mad Woman's leftovers restored its health a little!
Mad Woman restored 6% of its health.
---
SPIKEBOT used Spikes.
Mad Woman used Safeguard.
Your team became cloaked in a mystic veil!
---
Atra switched in Altar (lvl 100 Giratina).
Altar is exerting its pressure!
Altar was hurt by Spikes!
Altar lost 19% of its health.
Pointed stones dug into Altar.
Altar lost 12% of its health.
SPIKEBOT used Spikes.
Altar's leftovers restored its health a little!
Altar restored 6% of its health.
---
GERMANYFTW switched in ANTISCARFBOT (lvl 100 Wobbuffet ?).
Altar used Dragon Pulse.
ANTISCARFBOT lost 17% of its health.
ANTISCARFBOT's leftovers restored its health a little!
ANTISCARFBOT restored 6% of its health.
---
Altar used Will-o-wisp.
ANTISCARFBOT was burned!
ANTISCARFBOT used Encore.
Altar got an encore!
ANTISCARFBOT was hurt by its burn!
ANTISCARFBOT lost 12% of its health.
---
Altar used Will-o-wisp.
Altar's attack missed!
ANTISCARFBOT used Safeguard.
Your team became cloaked in a mystic veil!
Your team is no longer protected by Safeguard!
ANTISCARFBOT was hurt by its burn!
ANTISCARFBOT lost 12% of its health.
---
darth toaster1234 has entered the room.
darth toaster1234: go go go wobby
GERMANYFTW switched in TERRORBOT (lvl 100 Lucario ?).
Altar used Will-o-wisp.
But it failed!
---
Atra switched in Mad Woman (lvl 100 Wobbuffet ?).
Mad Woman was hurt by Spikes!
Mad Woman lost 25% of its health.
Pointed stones dug into Mad Woman.
Mad Woman lost 12% of its health.
TERRORBOT used Swords Dance.
TERRORBOT's attack was sharply raised.
---
TERRORBOT used Crunch.
It's super effective!
Mad Woman lost 69% of its health.
Atra's Mad Woman fainted.
TERRORBOT lost 10% of its health.
---
Atra switched in Sky Leaf (lvl 100 Shaymin-s).
Pointed stones dug into Sky Leaf.
Sky Leaf lost 25% of its health.
TERRORBOT used Extremespeed.
Sky Leaf lost 75% of its health.
Atra's Sky Leaf fainted.
Your team is no longer protected by Safeguard!
---
Atra switched in God of Land (lvl 100 Groudon).
God of Land's Drought intensified the sun's rays!
The sun began to shine!
God of Land was hurt by Spikes!
God of Land lost 25% of its health.
Pointed stones dug into God of Land.
God of Land lost 6% of its health.
TERRORBOT used Close Combat.
God of Land lost 69% of its health.
Atra's God of Land fainted.
TERRORBOT's defence was lowered.
TERRORBOT's special defence was lowered.
The sun continues to shine.
---
Atra switched in Fake Rock (lvl 100 Forretress ?).
Fake Rock was hurt by Spikes!
Fake Rock lost 25% of its health.
Pointed stones dug into Fake Rock.
Fake Rock lost 12% of its health.
Fake Rock lost 63% of its health.
Atra's Fake Rock fainted.
---
Atra switched in Blessly (lvl 100 Blissey ?).
Blessly was hurt by Spikes!
Blessly lost 25% of its health.
Pointed stones dug into Blessly.
Blessly lost 12% of its health.
It's super effective!
Blessly lost 47% of its health.
Atra's Blessly fainted.
---
Atra switched in Altar (lvl 100 Giratina).
Altar is exerting its pressure!
Altar was hurt by Spikes!
Altar lost 25% of its health.
Pointed stones dug into Altar.
TERRORBOT used Crunch.
It's super effective!
Altar lost 57% of its health.
Altar used Dragon Pulse.
It's not very effective...
TERRORBOT lost 40% of its health.
GERMANYFTW's TERRORBOT fainted.
---
GERMANYFTW switched in DRAGANBOT (lvl 100 Latios ?).
DRAGANBOT used Dragon Pulse.
It's super effective!
Atra's Altar fainted.
GERMANYFTW wins!
GERMANYFTW: gg
Atra has left the room.

6A9 Ace Matador

veni, vidi, vici, VERSACE, VERSACE VERSACE
This seems like a well presented RMT, and a very good team! Good job ^_^

First of all, as you are using Outrage Giratina O, i recommend you change the set to:

Giratina-o @ Platinum Orb
EVs: 252 Atk/196 Spd/60 SAtk
Naive nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Draco Meteor
- Outrage
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Shadow Force

With more attack your Outrage will be damaging its switch ins more, who of course expect a special attack. Shadow Force is there to cause more switching and help abuse those spikes more, HP Fire will still KO what it needs to, and Draco Meteor will hit harder than Dragon Pulse on your own set, as although it's not as consistent, it is rare for Giratina to be able to start a sweep without something faster coming in and threatening to revenge it. Those speed EVs allow you to outpace neutral Rayquaza Lucario, Kyogre, Groudon and so on.

As i pointed out on IRC, you're kinda Darkrai weak, but there is of course nothing you can do about without adding in a scarfer or something, but since every member is so useful, there's nothing i can really suggest !_! Besides, most Uber teams are Darkrai weak to some extent, and you've managed to play around it so far!

Great team August ^_____^

Excellent team, august.
The only 2 changes I suggest are Flamethrower on Mewtwo over Thunder, and Recover on Latios over Hidden Power [Fire].
You already have Thunder on Latios, so I don't see a need for both to have it.
Flamethrower on Mewtwo helps with your Scizor weakness.
Recover on Latios helps Latios to survive longer, and I think max speed IV's are nescessary.

Cool team. I'm still learning ubers so you're knowledge it likely superior to mine, but I'll try.

I don't like how this team relies so heavily Wobbuffet to handle so many threats. This leaves you weak to things like Rock Polish Groudon if Wobbuffet has already taken on something like Modest Choice Scarf Dialga (Modest Draco Meteor + Adamant LO Earthquake = X_x). Quake-slide + Dragon Claw Groudon are especially threatening to this team, as Giratina-o can't be relied upon to take it on. Also, you're quite weak to NP Darkrai as you either have to sacrifice something and bring in Mewtwo or bring in Mewtwo right away and play the 'will he NP or Dark Void on the switch' game. So first, I recommend Taunt on Deoxys. Deoxys is currently the biggest set up fodder for the opponent. RP Groudon has a very easy time setting up there. Also, you can use Taunt as the 'safe' option against Darkrai once Deo is no longer expendable (or however that word is used). Second I'd like to see Scarf Dialga somewhere as Draco Meteor pounds both Darkrai and Groudon, outspeeding the former under all conditions and the latter before a Rock Polish. The hard part it picking something to replace because everything is very important...

Bare in mind, I'm still learning ubers.

I`m not sure if Lucario works on the team, as it`s a physical Attacker and Hyper Offense should repeatedly attack on one side of the spectrum, but I won`t judge that before actually trying it, however your team will run into major problems when facing Ho-oh (I wouldn`t rely on the 50% accurate Thunder to kill it), you could solve that when replacing one of Giratina`s moves with Stone-Edge.
Blissey can be annoying, so i suggest replacing Lucario with Tyranitar (don`t know if you like that idea).
- Tyranitar eliminates the need of Stone Edge on your Giratina, and is Amazing at checking Ho-oh, Encore/Tickle Pursuit eliminates Blissey, and Tyranitar isn`t set up Bait, don`t use choiced T-Tar, although the Sandstorm hurts your other members.
Latios with Recover sucks, especially in Hyper Offense, if you want more longevity use Latias with Recover. Seriously you never get to use Recover.

august

you’re a voice that never sings
is a Community Leaderis a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis the 8th Smogon Classic Winnerwon the 5th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion
OGC Leader
Well another point of this team was to actually disprove the myth that only purely special hyper offense is succesful in ubers, and Lucario has not let me down in the least. It's quite possibly the best late game sweeper i've used, especially as theres almost nothing that can stand up to it in wake of 4 layers and Wobb carnage.

I'll try out the TTar idea soon.

(Also I changed Wobb's EVs)

Hello AUGUSTBOT. This team does seem a little weak to other JIBABOTs. They can set up a Substitute on SPIKEBOT and ANTISCARFBOT and if they get too many Calm Minds in, it's gg. You may be able to play around it, but consider replacing SPIKEBOT with a FOREYBOT and giving PSYBOT a Choice Scarf and making it your lead.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)