XY OU HeraBOSS (Max 1755 OU)

Hey guys! My name is Valicity! I've been playing competitively on PS since Black and White and this is my first RMT! This is a team I actually took from PokeAim but decided to change a few sets and stats!

I'm here to see if there is anything else I can change or add to make the team better!

Soooooo lets start it off then :)

Team Overview

Latias @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
-Defog
-Psyshock
-Draco Meteor
-Hp Fire
Latios is basically to help me switch into rotom-wash and keldeo, taking some burden off of azumarill. It serves as a pivot switch my team, taking a hit, hitting back and then switching. It also gets rid of rocks for my talonflame with defog. The move set was originally defog, roost, draco, hp fire + life orb. But I was having issues with mega venusaur so I changed the move set. Evs are pretty standard and 4 SpD because why not

Azumarill @ Assault vest
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4SpD
Adamant Nature
-Aqua Jet
-Waterfall
-Play Rough
-Knock Off
Azumarill serves as somewhat of a specially defensive pokemon that also packs quite a punch. It switches in nicely to keldeo which is prevalent in the metagame and also helps take dragon moves for the team. Moves are pretty standard, I have knock off to deal with aegislash which sometimes thinks it can come in for free and also just to cripple opponents team members. It's bulk is nice but the lack of recovery is hurtful, easily allowing opponents to wear it down. And without belly drum or band, its offensive pressure is lacking as well.

Ferrothorn @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 8 Atk / 100 Def / 148 SpD
Sassy Nature
-Spikes
-Knock Off
-Leech Seed
-Thunder Wave
Honestly, I think Ferrothorn is the most expendable member on the team... I'd be willing to exchange it for a different poke that fulfills the same role. Ferrothorn serves as a second defensive pokemon along with Landorus-T but honestly slows down the momentum of the team quite a bit. I have knock off on there to surprise aegislash and take of items. Leech seed for recovery and I have spikes over the original gyro ball because I wasn't using gyro ball much and 1v1 against Mega Venausaur (without hp fire), Ferro can set up spikes. My team isn't really weak to grass or water moves so if I were to replace a pokemon on the team it would probably be ferrothorn. EVs are kinda random too.

Landorus-T Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 100 Atk / 100 Def / 56 Spe
Impish Nature
-Rock Slide
-Stealth Rocks
-Earthquake
-U-turn
Landorus forms the second part of my defensive core. He's also my stealth rocker and my check to some common threats like aegislash, excadrill, talonflame, and charizard x. The EVs are weird... I have some speed to outspeed Rotom-w and enough defensive to not be 2 hit OK'd by banded talon flame but otherwise, my EVs could use some fixing. Also rock slide over stone edge because more accuracy. I'm also up for a new pokemon/different set for landorus. Currently, he serves as a nice electric resist and nice to grab momentum with u-turn. Otherwise, I find him useless against stall.

Talonflame @ Sharp Beak
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
-Swords Dance
-Brave Bird
-Flare Blitz
-Tailwind
Talonflame serves as one of my mid-game/late-game sweepers. Sharp beak helps fake choice band so I can get up swords dance sometimes without the opponent realizing. The EVs are pretty standard I suppose. Max speed helps outspeed latios and latias but not thundous... So I guess I should fix that. Otherwise, Talonflame helps revenge kill weakened pokemon and usually late-game when everything is weakened it's a nice cleaner. Swords dance helps boost its attack helping it sweep and tailwind is a nice move especially for this team. I had U-turn before but trying tailwind out I realized it helped Mega-heracross a lot. If I know I'm about to die, I use tailwind and then you have a FAST and POWERFUL Heracross that does more sweeping.

Heracross @ Heracronite
Ability: Guts / Skill Link
EVs: 120 HP / 252 Atk / 136 Spe
Adamant Nature
-Close Combat
-Rock Blast
-Pin Missile
-Bullet Seed
Ahhh not bad. The center of the team. Mega heracross serves as the main wallbreaker of the team and with talonflame's tailwind also becomes a deadly sweeper late-game as well. I gave heracross guts just in case it happens to get burned on a misprediction -- then I can still spam close combat. Other than that, I gave Heraboss Max attack and 136 Speed EVs to hit 220. This allows me to outspeed most Rotom-W sets, most mega-venasaur sets, and tyranitar sets. I felt like I didn't outspeed anything special with max speed so I put the rest of the EVs in HP to give it some bulk. I have bullet seed to cover quagsire, rotom-w, suicune (basically bulk water types) that would give Talonflame problems. Heracross can usually take hits and hit back but his survivability isn't that great. He can take a life orb draco from latios and OHKO back but usually is left open to revenge killing afterword. He needs to be double switched or brought in safely against defensive pokemon.

Threat List
Basically.... Stall teams... I dunno if I just suck but I never win against them

Mega-Venasaur: I really feel like I don't have any good answer to this. Mega-heracross does around 50% with pin missile but usually has no answer to Mega-Venasaur's partners.

Talonflame: Opposing talonflames can rape my team once landorus is gone simply because I'm not running much speed on my talonflame and I don't have many answers to brave bird after landorus

Mega-Gardevoir: This thing wrecks my team... I didn't realize until I faced one but literally have nothing... If it has focus blast, everything on my team is OHKO'd or 2HKO'd.

Charizard-Y: Also rapes my team especially if it has dragon pulse

Replays:
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ou-144294018 (Heracross rapes his team)
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ou-144293146 (Talonflame cleans up)
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ou-144332532 (Proof of Peak)
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ou-144174581 (Heracross putting in work)

Thanks for reading
Biggest thing is I just need help against STALL

TheEnder

a petal in the wind
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Hey there Valicity, pretty solid team you have here.

I like your defensive core, as Azumarill, Landorus-T and Ferrothorn generally takes on most attackers. I don't think your sets are the best possible, and I'm gonna suggest some sets i think would improve the general effectiveness of this team;

Azumarill usually runs 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 SDef, when running Assault Vest, for optimizing mixed bulk. Running 240 HP makes it take minimum damage from hazards uopn coming in, which can turn out being crucial becuase Azu pivot-switches a lot during a match.

Azumarill @ Assault vest
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 SDef
Adamant Nature
-Aqua Jet
-Waterfall
-Play Rough
-Knock Off

Landorus-T's spread is also suboptimal. for your team to not get 6-0'd by Talonflame and Mega Pinsir, you need more Defense investment. It also doesn't outspeed what it needs too with 56 Speed EV's. I suggest you run 72 Speed EV's too outspeed adamant Bisharp, which is a good benchmark for Lando-T. You also don't really need too run Attack invesment, as you don't really get anymore 2HKO's or OHKO's with only 100 EV's in Attack. Otherwise the set looks fine.

Landorus-T @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 Spe
Impish Nature
-Rock Slide / Stone Edge
-Stealth Rocks
-Earthquake
-U-turn

I don't think it's very wierd you don't feel Ferrothorn is doing what it's supposed to be. It's very important to your team, as it's the only check to threats like Gyarados and Greninja. It's the EV's and your moveset that is making it's performance lackluster. First of all, an EV spread of 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SDef with an Impish Nature makes it take on those pokes much better. I would also give it Leftovers for longlivety. For the moveset, Spikes aren't really that effective with Defog or Rapid Spin being on every team. I would suggest running Power Whip > Spikes, to damage Greninja and Gyarados in return. I would also consider running Protect > Thunder Wave, as you can scout for Choice users and regain much more HP with the combination of Leftovers and Leech Seed.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Impish Nature
-Power Whip
-Knock Off / Thunder Wave
-Leech Seed
-Protect

Also some small nitpicks on the offensive core; Latias could use a Life Orb, and rather have Roost over Hidden Power Fire or Psyshock. Heracross needs 216 Speed EV's to outspeed Adamant Bisharp after Mega-Evolving, and Talonflame uses Roost > Tailwind and 4 EV's in Defense rather than HP :)

Latias @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
-Defog
-Psyshock / Roost
-Draco Meteor
-Hidden Power [Fire] / Roost

Heracross @ Heracronite
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
Adamant Nature
-Close Combat
-Rock Blast
-Pin Missile
-Bullet Seed

Talonflame @ Sharp Beak
EVs: 4 Def / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
-Swords Dance
-Brave Bird
-Flare Blitz
-Roost

Hope I helped you :)

Hey there Valicity, pretty solid team you have here.

I like your defensive core, as Azumarill, Landorus-T and Ferrothorn generally takes on most attackers. I don't think your sets are the best possible, and I'm gonna suggest some sets i think would improve the general effectiveness of this team;

Azumarill usually runs 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 SDef, when running Assault Vest, for optimizing mixed bulk. Running 240 HP makes it take minimum damage from hazards uopn coming in, which can turn out being crucial becuase Azu pivot-switches a lot during a match.

Azumarill @ Assault vest
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 SDef
Adamant Nature
-Aqua Jet
-Waterfall
-Play Rough
-Knock Off

Landorus-T's spread is also suboptimal. for your team to not get 6-0'd by Talonflame and Mega Pinsir, you need more Defense investment. It also doesn't outspeed what it needs too with 56 Speed EV's. I suggest you run 72 Speed EV's too outspeed adamant Bisharp, which is a good benchmark for Lando-T. You also don't really need too run Attack invesment, as you don't really get anymore 2HKO's or OHKO's with only 100 EV's in Attack. Otherwise the set looks fine.

Landorus-T @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 Spe
Impish Nature
-Rock Slide / Stone Edge
-Stealth Rocks
-Earthquake
-U-turn

I don't think it's very wierd you don't feel Ferrothorn is doing what it's supposed to be. It's very important to your team, as it's the only check to threats like Gyarados and Greninja. It's the EV's and your moveset that is making it's performance lackluster. First of all, an EV spread of 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SDef with an Impish Nature makes it take on those pokes much better. I would also give it Leftovers for longlivety. For the moveset, Spikes aren't really that effective with Defog or Rapid Spin being on every team. I would suggest running Power Whip > Spikes, to damage Greninja and Gyarados in return. I would also consider running Protect > Thunder Wave, as you can scout for Choice users and regain much more HP with the combination of Leftovers and Leech Seed.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Impish Nature
-Power Whip
-Knock Off / Thunder Wave
-Leech Seed
-Protect

Also some small nitpicks on the offensive core; Latias could use a Life Orb, and rather have Roost over Hidden Power Fire or Psyshock. Heracross needs 216 Speed EV's to outspeed Adamant Bisharp after Mega-Evolving, and Talonflame uses Roost > Tailwind and 4 EV's in Defense rather than HP :)

Latias @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
-Defog
-Psyshock / Roost
-Draco Meteor
-Hidden Power [Fire] / Roost

Heracross @ Heracronite
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
Adamant Nature
-Close Combat
-Rock Blast
-Pin Missile
-Bullet Seed

Talonflame @ Sharp Beak
EVs: 4 Def / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
-Swords Dance
-Brave Bird
-Flare Blitz
-Roost

Hope I helped you :)
Thanks for the rating Ender! The set changes do help a lot however I still have a lot of issues with stall. I can't get past mega venasaur, gliscor, and skamory. Without psyshock I dont have anything to hit mega venasaur super effectively unless I want to switch talonflame in and take 50% from rocks. And gliscor is just a pain in the ass because rockblast only does around 40% which after poison heal is like nothing... and then gliscor proceeds to toxic, rocks, or sub...
I've been up 5-0 and lost to a gliscor before...
Maybe I just suck?

I still need a better answer to gliscor, and some other threats in my threat list
Thanks for the changes though!

TheEnder

a petal in the wind
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Thanks for the rating Ender! The set changes do help a lot however I still have a lot of issues with stall. I can't get past mega venasaur, gliscor, and skamory. Without psyshock I dont have anything to hit mega venasaur super effectively unless I want to switch talonflame in and take 50% from rocks. And gliscor is just a pain in the ass because rockblast only does around 40% which after poison heal is like nothing... and then gliscor proceeds to toxic, rocks, or sub...
I've been up 5-0 and lost to a gliscor before...
Maybe I just suck?

I still need a better answer to gliscor, and some other threats in my threat list
Thanks for the changes though!
Mabye running Gengar with Taunt and Will-O-Wisp over Talonflame may solve some of your problems with stall in general. You lose out on the priority Talonflame gives, but Gengar comes in "for free" on Venusaur, Chansey and Gliscor, and can proceed to wear them down. It also stops Chansey from using Heal Bell, which is crucial in wearing the opponent down.

Gengar @ Black Sludge
EVs: 28 HP / 148 SAtk / 80 SDef / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Will-O-Wisp
- Substitute
- Taunt

The EV's are to avoid Sludge Bomb from Mega Venusaur and Moonblast from Clefable from breaking your Substitutes. Mabye this will help :)

Mabye running Gengar with Taunt and Will-O-Wisp over Talonflame may solve some of your problems with stall in general. You lose out on the priority Talonflame gives, but Gengar comes in "for free" on Venusaur, Chansey and Gliscor, and can proceed to wear them down. It also stops Chansey from using Heal Bell, which is crucial in wearing the opponent down.

Gengar @ Black Sludge
EVs: 28 HP / 148 SAtk / 80 SDef / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Will-O-Wisp
- Substitute
- Taunt

The EV's are to avoid Sludge Bomb from Mega Venusaur and Moonblast from Clefable from breaking your Substitutes. Mabye this will help :)
Thanks for the help! I'll definitely try it out

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)