OU Heracross

Is there any reason why Adamant Nature is still slashed? In my experience using Mega-Cross, having more speed has always been more valuable than the extra (superfluous imo) power from Adamant.

Losing to things it should be able to outspeed + KO without an issue seems sub-optimal. Does it achieve any notable KO's with (or without) a boost? I haven't seen any.

Valmanway

My jimmies remain unrustled
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Is there any reason why Adamant Nature is still slashed?

In my experience using Mega-Cross, having more speed has always been more valuable than the extra power from Adamant. Losing to things it should be able to outspeed + KO without an issue seems sub-optimal. Does it achieve any notable KO's with (or without) a boost?
Adamant is still slashed because I kept forgetting to change it due to it being so low on my priority list. But I'll change that right now.

Adamant Rock Blast 2HKO's both Skarmory and Clefable after SR. Seems pretty notable to me, especially considering this thing is primarily a wallbreaker. :o

Valmanway

I've looked further into using an Adamant nature, and I found out that it helps against Skarmory, Clefable, Hippowdon, and Mandibuzz, with the former three being very likely 2HKOed, if not guaranteed, after Stealth Rock damage. However, I feel that an Adamant nature should only be used if your team doesn't have another answer to these threats, so I'm putting it into the Other Options section, unless I get enough objections to it.

Clone

Free Gliscor
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
tbh i think guts deserves a slash. as situational as it is, it allows hera to switch into stuff like rotom and crocune better as it guarantees the ohko on the former, and has a chance to ohko the latter (hera can tank a +1 scald in his base form and live). it also allows him to set up on alomomomomola and not fear burns from bros scald. also it takes on stallbreaker gengar and mew better.

its situational ofc, but i dont see a reason to use moxie when hera cant make use of it that well cuz of his speed.

Valmanway

tbh i think guts deserves a slash. as situational as it is, it allows hera to switch into stuff like rotom and crocune better as it guarantees the ohko on the former, and has a chance to ohko the latter (hera can tank a +1 scald in his base form and live). it also allows him to set up on alomomomomola and not fear burns from bros scald. also it takes on stallbreaker gengar and mew better.

its situational ofc, but i dont see a reason to use moxie when hera cant make use of it that well cuz of his speed.
Added.

Valmanway

Okay, this looks very close to being complete now. Any last things I should add in before moving this to QC?

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Chansey should not be in team options IMO, as mega Heracross is best on offensively based teams where Chansey is basically deadweight. Chansey is really only good on stall, which isn't that great anymore. If you really feel that a cleric should be used alongside mega Hera, maybe Clefable could be mentioned.

Reactions: AM
I think you should mention Flying-type priority in Checks & Counters, as M-Pinsir an Talonflame can revenge kill it pretty easily(unless it has a sub up ofc)
-Has 4 common weaknesses, 3 of them being common weakness to Fire, Flying, and Fairy
This sounds kinda redundant, you should remove the first "common"

Also
-252 Attack EVs maximizes damage output, 224 Speed EVs allow Mega Heracross to outrun Mega Tyranitar, and the rest of the EVs go to HP for some extra bulk
Just a nitpick:)

AccidentalGreed

Sweet and bitter as chocolate.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Valmanway
Set Details
========

-252 Attack EVs maximizes damage output, 224 Speed EVs with a Jolly Nature allow Mega Heracross to outrun Mega Tyranitar, and the rest of the EVs go to HP for some extra bulk
Sorry for being on the nitpick train today, but does 32 HP EVs truly achieve anything of note? Going max speed may seem to reap only small benefits, but they're pretty-kinda useful ones. For example, Mega can tie with and have a chance to beat Smeargle if it doesn't lead, since you typically outspeed it with normal Heracross when you're leading with it, but Smeargle outspeeds with the current spread, and smart players don't lead with Smeargle if they see Hera in preview. You also tie with normal Absol, so you have a chance of beating it before it roasts you with Fire Blast.

I know it's kinda w/e, but having a chance to prevent one of your best offensive assets from getting Spore'd is kinda good if you don't have a Grass, and just going max speed is simpler on the eyes imo

Valmanway

Valmanway

Sorry for being on the nitpick train today, but does 32 HP EVs truly achieve anything of note? Going max speed may seem to reap only small benefits, but they're pretty-kinda useful ones. For example, Mega can tie with and have a chance to beat Smeargle if it doesn't lead, since you typically outspeed it with normal Heracross when you're leading with it, but Smeargle outspeeds with the current spread, and smart players don't lead with Smeargle if they see Hera in preview. You also tie with normal Absol, so you have a chance of beating it before it roasts you with Fire Blast.

I know it's kinda w/e, but having a chance to prevent one of your best offensive assets from getting Spore'd is kinda good if you don't have a Grass, and just going max speed is simpler on the eyes imo
Yeah, I'm starting to wonder why I even bothered with that spread. I'll change that immediately.

Albacore

sludge bomb is better than sludge wave
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yeah, I defenitely agree with slashing Adamant with Jolly. Nowadays everything seems to speed creep Jolly MHera so it doesn't really come in handy that often IMO, plus you miss out on a handful of 2HKOs and OHKOs (against the afformentioned Skarmory and Unaware Clefable after rocks as well as Phys Def MScizor, you can also miss out on the OHKO against offensive mons such as Keldeo, Sash Mamo (most are jolly and outspeed you anyway though I guess you outspeed turn 1 w/ jolly), physically defensive Ferrothorns, Garchomp after Rocks, and you also don't need to predict around Azumarill since every one of your moves 2HKOs after rocks which is nice.

Also mention that MGardevoir is a massive pain in the ass for the Sub SD set since it completely removes your ability to sub on defensive mons and guarantee not to be forced out afterwards.

Also Guts>Moxie IMO, Moxie is way too situational and never actually works b/c you just get forced out and Guts lets you switch in on Mew WoW and KO it before mega and not even care as long as you have a cleric/healing wish user in the back, also helps vs faster wispers such as Gengar.

Last edited:

aim

pokeaimMD
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
1/3 i'd mention landorus-t and the lati twins as team options. The latter bait in pokemon such as ferrothorn for heracross while landorus-t provides protection from bird spam + a slow u-turn for mega heracross on an incoming ferrothorn/rotom-w. Bisharp is also a great partner as it traps the lati twins and can deal with clefable. ima keep coming back to this though since i've only read it twice. if i have anything to add will edit in.

change your SET NAME to the same name is what is written as [name: ] below

landorus-t isn't a rock blast target, but mew is a pin missile target and it's pretty relevant

usage tips needs some expansion, talk about when to bring it in ie: on what pokemon (like bisharp's knock off or something)

assault vest with guts in OO, it checks scald waters and wow mew

checks and counters needs proper sectioned formatting, see other analyses for guidelines

QC 2/3, tag me once it's written for more input

little nitpick but you mention bullet seed deals with azumarill in oo so maybe consider mentioning in c&c that azumarill needs to be wary of the rare bullet seed as 5 hits will OHKO when mega evolved, and first turn on megaevolve will 2HKO azumarill so it can't really switch in.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)