hey does anyone have a shiney metagross (will trade shdow lugias)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that I have your attention:

The night before we left for Georgia, I had a pretty intense dream about both the Earth and moon breaking off into fragments that slowly drifted into space. I think everyone died because the Earth fragments couldn't maintain an atmosphere. I actually got up at around 3 AM to make sure the moon was still intact (thankfully it was). I should stop reading endtime books.

So, we pile our overnight bags into the car, make sure everything is in place for my dad to take care of everything and head off. I drive the first leg almost all the way across Alabama, and we end up at our relatives' house. I almost didn't get enough sleep because I was teaching my cousin how to play Minecraft (succeeding, eventually).

Now, our relatives live about an hour away from Athens so I had to wake up at around 5:00 and leave around 6:30. Luckily, traffic was very smooth at that time of day and the drive there helped me wake up (almost getting rear-ended by some blonde in an SUV is like a cup or two of coffee imo). The first person I see is Dimsun and his posse of seniors/Skarmbliss people and of course his Mudkip plush.

LOOK AT THIS DUDE. Like 2 years ago you had curly hair and glasses!! Maybe I'm thinking of someone else though. hm.

and another guy i didn't take a picture of

Then I ganged up with three black guys that didn't have a Smogon account that were pretty much any competitive player's stepping stones, but they were pretty cool to hang out with and stuff!!

Then SOME OTHER GUYS showed up (brandon, elite 4 allen and two other guys, i'm sorry i really don't remember screen names @_@)

So after once again ditching another group for a few minutes, I finally met up with TheMANtyke and his crew. I really wasn't expecting him to be so tall, so I tried to make a pose with him (and failing at a good one, erg)

And then Everstone

And then this dude (I KNOW what your name is, it's on the tip of my tongue...)

SOMEHOW I end up in a multi battle with the black guys and of course my team ends up victorious. You can observe the carnage HERE. (video coming whenever)

Dimsun's bunch merged with the Skarmblissians (YO DUDE WITH THE VICTINI PLUSH i think your name is elite 4 allen and you have the beginnings of a SWAG MASTER if you learn to CONTROL IT) before senior's started up. I managed to grab some footage of Dimsun's opponent getting EELIMINATED. (video coming uh, soon)

So after trading cards with everyone (I think this was a bad trade...)

(no seriously my shelmet card was better than this guy's shelmet card) and fooling around, Master's finally starts. Hey, is what you've been waiting for! A team and battle coverage!! YEAH!!!

TEAM SWAGSTORM

_____________+

LUNA BEAN ________________BILLY JOE
CALM _______________
ADAMANT
252 HP / 252 SPD / 6 DEF____ 252 HP / 252 ATK / 6 SPE
PSYCHIC __________________IRON HEAD
REST _____________________ICE PUNCH
TRICK ROOM _______________EARTHQUAKE
SWAGGER ____PROTECT

________+

DESMOND _______________'OL BITTY
ADAMANT __________
HASTY
252 HP / 252 ATK / 6 SPE___LOL EVS
ROCK SLIDE_______________TOXIC
PROTECT_________________SANDSTORM
CRUNCH__________________PROTECT
LOW KICK________________ENDEAVOR

___________+

HOTSHOT_______________SCRAPPER
TIMID_______________
MODEST
6 HP / 252 SPA / 252 SPE__252 HP / 252 SPA / 6 SPD
HEAT WAVE______________THUNDERBOLT
AURA SPHERE_____________HYDRO PUMP
TRICK___________________TRICK
AIR SLASH__HIDDEN POWER ICE

As you can already tell, this is a boss team that LOOKS like it's pure Trick Room. This really doesn't end up fazing anybody here, but when I was testing it, that really threw people for a loop.

THE MATCHES!!!

ROUND ONE: VS JUSTIN LEEHAUS

I thought this guy would be a scrub, but he turned out to be pretty decent. Basically, I go for Trick Room and almost sweep with a SWAGGER boosted BILLY JOE. He confuses me but luckily I don't get too much grief from that. I went for the big 4-0 at the end though :pimp:(vidya comin soon)
I'm feeling pretty good at this point! I made it one more battle than I did last year, and everyone else came in A-OK as well.

ROUND 2: VS ANOTHER JUSTIN

OK, forgoing the match commentary for a second so you guys can get a load of this:

The staff spelled my name wrong. My last name is 'Brummett'. I don't do anything about it before the end of this round, though.

SO ANYWAY this guy put up a great fight. We both get off our fair share of hax I think (his sableye KO'd itself due to the bean's SWAG and he burned someone with heat wave) and the match comes down to the wire. If he could get off a shitton of Air Slashes while my Hydro Pump missed his Togekiss, I would've lost! Fortunately it didn't and I was able to send him blasting off again. (video soon)

While I wait for the next round, I inform the staff of the correct spelling of my name. While I was there, I pick up some lost cargo:

I didn't know he was gone, but man I was relieved that someone just didn't stuff him in their pocket or something!

ROUND 3 VS... Cupcake?

I didn't get this guy's name because from this point on, I guess I start angling the camera the wrong way and I kept getting only my name and standing. His name started with a J, though... coincidence?!?!?

Another good player (a Florida league player), but honestly I think I could've won this match if Hotshot's Heat Wave hit his Ludicolo. It was an amazing battle regardless, and it came down to Hotshot vs a severely weakened Rotom-W and of course his Ludicolo who he had managed to switch in after I KO'd his Terrakion for a Fake Out. GG man, but FUCK hax.

LUNCH BREAK

After walking about 4 blocks, we settled on a place called Fuzzy's, which was a cheap sammich shop.

FUCK I BLINKED

I THOUGHT THEMANTYKE HAD A BETTER PICTURE ARG

(but thats ok since he blinked too lol)

So I get a grilled chicken sandwich, and while the rest of us get actual food, NCSBert orders nothing but a coke. Is this guy on a diet or does he keep a secret supply of granola bars in his backpack??

The food ends up being a little slow, so I have to take my food and run along with NCS and Killah (?), leaving TheMantyke and Everstone at the fine eating establishment. I was kinda worried they wouldn't make it, to be honest.

...close enough.

ROUND 4: VS... that guy:

Scrub match. He had some good moves on his Pokemon though, since I didn't see any Hyper Beams from him. I could see how he got this far against other non-competitive people, and he was great to talk to. I told him he was one of the better people I faced, and I meant it! Shame I didn't catch his name though.

ROUND 5: VS 'Black'

I took a picture of the wrong guy at first since I read the 6 as a 9.

I'm starting to wind down at this point, but clearly this guy was even more tired than I was. He had a pretty good team but made horrible plays. Gotta catch more zzzs than what you got man, and good luck next time!

ROUND 6: VS... Khi?

I saw this guy over at the TCG area which was apparently for finalists only. He fell flat on his face when it came to VGC though, as the only Pokemon he KO'd was BILLY JOE with a crit Hydro Cannon from his Swampert, which was a.......

PIERCING BLOW to me!!!

ROUND 6: VS Ryan Lankford

Yeah, I'd place this guy at about 50 or so. Regardless of what I first thought of him, he sent out a posse of shiny Pokemon and looked very serious. His team was pretty much a surefire counter to mine; his Hitmontop knew Feint and I couldn't quite recover from then on. Afterwards he said he had Feint specifically for Aron. bs counterteam hax!!!!!!! He was really cool, and I had to double check his last name for the word 'Arnold'.

FINAL MATCH: VS.. orange shirt dude

DUDE this guy looked like a wallflower sort of guy but he was super friendly and gave commentary for the recording of his match! Said match was really close too; it was 'Ol Bitty against his Tyranitar. I managed to Endeavor and Toxic it, avoiding potentially game-ending flinches from Rock Slide. I think the only hax there was was that my Air Slash didn't flinch his Latios and I scored a double Protect. Both have pretty high chances of happening anyway though and I really liked our match! The only thing I regret is not getting your name at the end, but you have my Youtube (and Smogon) account name so feel free to tell me via PM or something. GGs all around, and the pairings went up shortly after.

[youtube]ltHOEUYePgU[/youtube]

MAN I was so close to travel pay and an invite to nats!! I think Allen is the guy in 9th place, so good job to him (even though I'm not completely sure how that percentage works...)

MANTYKE TAKES THE GOLD

man i had to MAKE him make that pose; he was worried about looking too smug or something) what a noob

So yeah I finished this after a long drive home. But wait, I'm not actually done yet, am I...?

PROPS:

-LUNA BEAN for inflictin confusion on unwittin opps
-BILLY JOE for bein cool and takin hits like a man
-SCRAPPER for his hydro pumps hittin when i needed them to (except against chomp in the sand, but what can ya do)
-OL BITTY for also being fulla SWAG and not flinchin at the end
-DESMOND because his name made people laugh and he was pretty SWAG otherwise
-SMOGON/SKARMBLISS CROWD because you showed up (unlike trollfreak)
-MY MOM for driving when i was exhausted, but i could've gone by myself because i got my driver's license! (if i got pulled over i wouldve been in deep shit though)
-DIMSUN for winnin and winnin with my mamoswine!!
-FUZZY's for good food (not kidding, it was a great sammich)
-WHOEVER FOUND LUCARIO because i would be sad if i lost him ;_;
-FLORIDA LEAGUE PEOPLE because you guys are good players and fun to talk to!!
-THE THREE BLACK GUYS for being fulla swag and treating me like a brother even though i didnt get your names and you probably didn't get mine! you even bothered to check on ME between rounds, which is awesome of you bros
-OUR CAR for getting us there and back again on two tanks of gas
-MY FAMILY for not costing us $150 for a bed
-ME for getting top 16 even though it doesn't mean as much anymore

SLOPS:

-THEMANTYKE'S PHONE for catching us blinking
-HOTSHOT for missing Heat Wave and not flinching every turn like he should've >:(
-COUNTER TEAM HAX not avoidable but FUCK
-TROLLFREAK for not being there (unlike the smogon/skarmbliss crowd)
-THE STAFF for misspelling my name (everything else was ok though)
-THAT WEIRDASS DREAM I HAD for being so realistic and costing me a minute or two of sleep
-YOU if you fell for the topic
-MY CAMERA for using hi-rez videos and therefore really slow to upload on youtube

THERE IM DONE AND NO TLDR'S please thank you bye

EDIT: here's some extra videos you can watch if you want i guess

[youtube]tw9vi5XMFU0[/youtube]

Dude, You got me with a title, I thought it was gonna be a newbie making these threads that they weren't suppose to as they normally do. Anyway, great warstory.

Dimsun

VGC 2012 Seniors Champion
<3 lucariojr
no really
NO REALLY
I always end up finding some of my mons from you, as I was using Luna Bean as well! Good warstory, sir.

LOL great title! Hey it looks like I wasn't the only one with enough swag to use swagger at regionals ;) Great read and congrats on making top 16!

And then this dude (I KNOW what your name is, it's on the tip of my tongue...)
That is me. (Bert)

Great meeting you man. So strange that on the way home I realized that I had just subbed to you on yt just this week.

Best thread title for a warstory I've ever seen. hahaha.

Also, your R3 opponent is the guy who got second.

Also, I'm out of granola bars now...

Everstone

Now 100% reliable
is a Contributor Alumnus
THIS GUY IS WHAT ALL TRUE VGCERS STRIVE FOR!
Great meeting you. Kept things rather interesting. Looking forward to those battle vids!

You get the best title award and best picture of Mantyke award. JUST SO MUCH SWAG! Your round 3 was vs John Steinmetz, the guy who got second.

Also so many lvl 1 aarons. I think at least 3 people had one? Crazy stuff. Fun team, way to get top 16!

shamelessly bumping this thread to say thanks!!!

also my videos are slowly being uploaded and will be put in this thread when they are uploaded! this is the first:

http://youtu.be/ltHOEUYePgU

and i'm kinda prioritizing battles over other vids right now since they take so long to upload so you guys will have to wait on our epic quest to find a restaurant during lunch break!!

The night before we left for Georgia, I had a pretty intense dream about both the Earth and moon breaking off into fragments that slowly drifted into space. I think everyone died because the Earth fragments couldn't maintain an atmosphere. I actually got up at around 3 AM to make sure the moon was still intact (thankfully it was). I should stop reading endtime books.
Best title and intro ever.. and awesome team. ARON REPRESENT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)