1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Hey TruthPains!

Discussion in 'Congregation of the Masses' started by TheMantyke, May 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheMantyke

TheMantyke DISRESPECT YOUR SUPERIORS
    is a Contributor to Smogon Social Mediais a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Team Rater Alumnus
    VGC Leader

Ladies and Gentlemen, on the night of May 12th, we lost a soul invaluable to the discussion here on the forums. A user whose desire to contribute cost him his account in his desperate attempt to obtain respect with a simple 16x16 image. Some may call him creepy, others may call him a flaming badgewhore, others just simply a bad troll, but all will stop and gawk at the tragedy that was:

TruthPains: A Cautionary Tale

Our story begins on a chilly December morning, with a bright and cheery new user ready to hop his way onto Smogon. Young little TruthPains registers his Smogon account on Decemeber 4th. It wasn't long before TruthPains began noticing small icons below certain users names, users who were more reveared than others with larger avatars and a whole collection of words below their usernames! TruthPains learned of badges very quickly, and soon, he was hellbent on claiming one to call his own.

While most users would have lurked to get a grasp of what is and what is not accepted here, Truthpains was an innovator and wanted to claim a ladybug faster than even BlueKirby had. Why wait when you can cheese your way to the top? Why, just a few VMs to learn what he'd need to do, a few friend requests, and some flattery to grease the wheels would be more than enough!

And with that, TruthPains was off on his way to becoming a badged user.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Some were more blunt with their advice than others.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After hearing about all the wonderful ways he could contribute, Truthpains left for some time to painstakingly work on a Dragonair analysis for RU. Four painful months of play testing and fine tuning were about to pay off with his first contribution to the site!...

Which was promptly locked for not giving a rat's ass about the C&C rules.

But this Dragonair fiasco was far from pointless. It was this that led to a chance encounter between starcrossed lovers, destined by Fate to meet.

[​IMG]

There she was, the very vixen that had locked his thread. With glorious looks (so her avatar implied) and a great standing in the community, TruthPains knew she was the one. After such a glorious encounter, TruthPains needed to express his undying love for his crush.

[​IMG]

A barrage of unending love letters hit Fatecrashers wall like a sack of bricks. When those were unresponsive, however, more drastic methods were set into place. Here, TruthPains unveiled his remarkable skills as a poet, begging for Fatecrashers in such elegant prose to "MARRY/TUTOR ME?".

Not creepy in the slightest.

Alas, Fate rejected his love and revealed he was actually male. Brokenhearted, TruthPains set out to drown his sorrows in a Screamo discussion, at first, kicking off the discussion with a simple discuss followed by another one with just the first paragraph of the wikipedia Screamo article.

Lost and confused, Truthpains took to his roots and began asking more users how to contribute. Nearly all of them gave the exact same response, usually trying to be detailed and nice. Even though they all basically spelled it out that he should lurk more all of them were ignored. Now he was beginning to notice a trend... Everytime he begged users for authority people started to look down upon him! Why, the nerve! Who would ever bash a prospective contributor who had done nothing but serve as a jester for the forums!?!

That was it. Banned from several smogon IRC channels and Pokemon Online for what? Insulting / Impersonating moderators? What petty justification!
    With that bout, it was time to show Smogon who was the REAL boss of the place, starting with his sweetheart, Fatecrashers.

[​IMG]

A moment of silence followed before a swift ban struck his account, striking though not only his username, but every attempt he had made to ascend to the reaches of the moderators he admired(?)

For now, all that remains of Truthpain's reign are memories, saved forever with the rest of Smogon on a floppy disk. But in the end, the love between TruthPains and Fatecrashers will never die, as evident by his final words:

[​IMG]
  2. RitterCat

RitterCat
    is an Artistis a Forum Moderatoris a Contributor Alumnus

Let the tale of poor TruthPains be a cautionary tale with its simple, undying message
    simple (open)
    don't be retarded

also plz do me is my favourite bit by far
  3. Daenym

Daenym

[00:23] <Shii> who was the dancing chick in your avatar before Fate?
    [00:23] <Fate> jumpluff

Just in case that guy ever accidentally finds this thread~
  4. King Serperior

King Serperior

Why can't people be more like me about these things?

I just accept the fact that a badge is out of my reach and make peace.

Jeez......

Great thread though. Made my night :)
  5. Oglemi

Oglemi We broke it. Yes, we were naughty. Completely naughty.
    is a Tournament Directoris a member of the Site Staffis a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis an Administratoris a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
    C&C Leader

hahahahaha that poem made it for me
  6. blarajan

blarajan i was born under the same star as shakeitup
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Site Staff Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus
    Little Cup Co-Leader

I legitimately lost it, hahahaha.
  7. tennisace

tennisace
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Contributor to Smogon Social Mediais a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
    Twitter Head

because if more people were like you then nobody would be worthy of badges
  8. Swaggersaurus

Swaggersaurus I DON'T NEED A MAN
    is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

what a fantangstic thread

all new users take heed!!

but why didn't i get a poem though

i want a poem
  9. gookie

gookie Adominnustrata
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

look at the big boy up his vocabulary
  10. LonelyNess

LonelyNess PK FLASH
    is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

I made a poem az
    not very good, honestly
    but it's all for you!
  11. TrollFreak

TrollFreak (╮°-°)╮┳━┳ (╯°□°)╯ ┻━┻
    is a Contributor Alumnus

1st I watch avengers, and then I find this

but yea, why didn't someone wait until I got home BEFORE banning him, I wanted to have a Nice Convo with him D:
  12. Mr.E

Mr.E im the best
    is a Pre-Contributoris a Past SPL Winner

so where is MY badge :pirate:
  13. Umbreon Dan

Umbreon Dan 〉λ=
    is a CAP Contributor Alumnus

you mind telling me how you get badges? i've tried everything but nobody seems willing to help
  14. Omicron

Omicron
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Lmao he finally got banned
  15. Tonykantos

Tonykantos

===========
    Mantyke, you don't deserve a luvdisc: you deserve a bag full of pichu, cleffa, luvdisc, mew, and victini
  16. vonFiedler

vonFiedler Visualize It
    is a Community Contributor

Who wants badges for respect?

I want a bigger Saber avatar.
  17. The Reptile

The Reptile CELEBRATE
    is a Pre-Contributor

Hey! I've been dick sucking the mods for at least a month now, where the fuck is my medal? :(
  18. sandshrewz

sandshrewz
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

I was waiting for this since December.... LOL =.= Anyway, guess who's returning today? (not saying he is bad but a ban reminded me of a ban that will end today >.>) His COPPA ends today right??? >.>

Bye TruthPains! I wonder how many [​IMG]he got....
  19. Biosci

Biosci !
    is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a VGC3 Winner

So this is what TheMantyke does on his Saturday nights........
  20. prem

prem failed abortion
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Battle Server Moderator

obviously you arent sucking the right dicks well enough.
  21. Eraddd

Eraddd One Pixel
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

ibojangles says he's been using too much teeth.
  22. Aurora

Aurora A Holden Legend.
    is a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

this sounds like me when i first logged onto PO
  23. X5Dragon

X5Dragon

You still haven't told us how to get a badge :_:

Also I don't know one time I tried to contest a moderation and the mod I was talking to replied "my dick". So ummm, smogon, come here for the game, walk away with horrible sexual trauma?
  24. Omicron

Omicron
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

^that was such a funny post I'm dying of laughter

Also he's PMed / VMed me way more than that js
  25. vonFiedler

vonFiedler Visualize It
    is a Community Contributor

Omicron who is the girl in your avatar? Can I marry her?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)