HGSS Megaspeculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice to see that the PC is right next to the counter in the Pokecenter; you no longer have to go all the way the back of the room to access the PC. Also I wonder why there are two staircases going up. Do you think it's just a cosmetic thing and that you can access the same stuff from either staircase?
It looks like it leads to 2 different floors to me, cause there is the one staircase going a short way up (no new screen) while the staircase might go up 2 floors? Or it is the same floor...

... I honestly don't like the look of Goldenrod City. Don't know why, it just seems all... Well, strange. It just appears to be a stereotype of a slum in a big city, and not a golden metropolis. :/
I read your comment before watching the video. I had anticipated Goldenrod to look rather plain, but after seeing it, I was enthralled- it looks marvelous!

I really like the effort into making each city personalized. Violet City has flowers, Goldenrod is well... GOLD. Mohogany is the color auburn. I wonder how they will personalize the cities in Kanto. Any ideas?

Something I noticed from the video: Silver now has a decent sprite!

Will be interesting to see Saffron City, too. Given how saffron and goldenrod are basically the same colour, they'll have to do something to differentiate the two.

One thing I noticed from the new trailor: lvl 8 Clefairy. I guess this means Kanto doesn't get the giant overhaul with levels that we'd hoped for. At least not in the wild Pokes.

Blackhawk11

one on one
Tsukikage said:
One thing I noticed from the new trailor: lvl 8 Clefairy. I guess this means Kanto doesn't get the giant overhaul with levels that we'd hoped for. At least not in the wild Pokes.
That was the same in GSC. The wild Pokemon in Kanto were all at levels that they would be had you been playing RBY, but the trainers were all at Lvl 30-40 iirc. I expected the wild Kanto Pokemon to be low levels in HGSS, I only hope that the trainers' Pokemon get bumped up a few levels. And by that I mean 10-20 levels higher.

I plan on importing Soul Silver and buying Heart Gold when it comes out here.
It's going to be the reverse for me. While I'm in Japan I'm going to buy Gold and then get Silver when it releases here.

When it comes to Pokemon Nintendo has me wrapped around their finger.

I don't have the option of importing it from Japan, but I really can't wait for it to come out here! When Spring rolls around, Soul Silver is mine (and I'll probably get Heart Gold too for the heck of it :))

Hmm... I haven't been following this thread, like at all.

So, do we get anything like the Battle Frontier (hopefully more like Emerald's), or is it just the plain old Battle Tower again?

And what the hell is that device coming with the game? Is it just used to level-up your pokemon? It looks ridiculous. =\

Hmm... I haven't been following this thread, like at all.

So, do we get anything like the Battle Frontier (hopefully more like Emerald's), or is it just the plain old Battle Tower again?

And what the hell is that device coming with the game? Is it just used to level-up your pokemon? It looks ridiculous. =\
Yupp we get a Battle Frontier and it has the same artwork as Platinums. 0.o.
The pedometer is just for getting Exp. while you walk. There are other certain feature in it.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
omg we are runing out of stuff to talk about! >:o
Hint: Do not post, then.

P-K-M at Serebiiforums said:
On the Official Nintendo site in the HGSS section, they have showed some new pictures!

(...)
A PICTURE OF JASMINE'S GYM!!

Well, Jasmine's Gym looks pretty cool. It doesn't seem to have any trainers besides her, just like the original games.

A few more pictures:
Arceus said:
Here's some of the new images people may or may not of seen so far.
I like how Goldenrod now has the GTS.
And that Olivine now has a copy of the Battle Frontier from Platinum

Goldenrod Department Store, Radio Tower, and Burnt Tower.

Pokémon Centre, with Communications Balcony.

Ecruteak City, Your House(?), Cherrygrove City

Totodile used Water Gun!

Pokémon Party Screen

Route 29, Union Cave, Route 21

PokéMart

Pokémon Global Trade Terminal

Geonet

Battle Hall, almost identical to Sinnoh's

Wi-Fi Plaza
And according to yaminokame, this page confirms that big pointy building in Goldenrod is the GTS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)