HGSS Megaspeculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh well, it's a copy/pasted Frontier. This does have its advantages though I guess, in that you can multiplayer. Looking great games nonetheless- they're giving HG/SS the kick that FR/LG lacked, i.e. actually something to do once you've done the storyline. I ended up trading all my guys back to Ruby from FR, because at least I had the battle tower to do.

drcossack

I'm everywhere, you ain't never there
Oh well, it's a copy/pasted Frontier. This does have its advantages though I guess, in that you can multiplayer. Looking great games nonetheless- they're giving HG/SS the kick that FR/LG lacked, i.e. actually something to do once you've done the storyline. I ended up trading all my guys back to Ruby from FR, because at least I had the battle tower to do.
You can already do that in Platinum - single player Frontier or play on WiFi.

If it's a rip of Platinum's Battle Frontier, I'll just send my Pokemon over from Platinum (though I'm going to do that anyway since the VGC next year requires us to use HG/SS)

... Does this mean we're battling for the same Symbols as Platinum? I find that a really unappealing deal. It's as if Game Freak's trying to say Platinum is bad, and everyone should instead buy Hg/Ss...

That actually sounds like a pretty smart deal when you say it. Game Freak has a good mind for marketing, really.

drcossack

I'm everywhere, you ain't never there
Yeah I meant it'll be compatible with Platinum, lol. Obviously you can do multiplayer already.
I misunderstood then.

... Does this mean we're battling for the same Symbols as Platinum? I find that a really unappealing deal. It's as if Game Freak's trying to say Platinum is bad, and everyone should instead buy Hg/Ss...

That actually sounds like a pretty smart deal when you say it. Game Freak has a good mind for marketing, really.
It's very possible. I'm not pleased about it since I actually bought Platinum, and I'm not going to bother if it's the same Frontier as the one in Platinum. Either way, we'll know pretty soon.

I'm hesitant to call the Frontier recycling a good marketing tactic though. HG/SS are still Pokémon games, and that name alone is enough to make G/S remakes a big hit.

Why couldnt they have reused emerald facilities. I find that those were better than platinums.
Probably so Platinum has some compatibility with HG/SS.

I wonder if the Trainer House in Veridian city will make a return. It would be nice to battle a ghost of the person you battled last.

Oh, another question I forgot to include in my previous post:

Do we have any information on any new move tutors? If so, what moves do we get (hopes for the Emerald tutors + new ones)?

Alright, it seems we've gotten all the pre release info we are going to get.

Locking this thread forever this time!

A mod or badged member will create a new topic closer when the game comes out to discuss it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)