1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

HGSS RNGing guide in the In-Game Articles section

Discussion in 'Trou Du Cul' started by Ultima, Aug 24, 2010.

1. Ultima

Ultima

I would greatly love a more DETAILED guide on how to abuse the RNG in HGSS. Some of us don't understand it because we don't have DPPt games and the guide that was supposed to "guide us" in the forums makes no sense to beginners like me. If someone could make another guide for HGSS RNG abuse with ONLY the parts of the DPPt Guide that are important and the essentials for HGSS. I would also like this to be considered and not swiftly abandoned because some of us don't know a flying fladoodle about RNGing AT ALL.
  2. Alchemator

Alchemator my god if you don't have an iced tea for me when i
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Suck a dick, you asshole.

- Approved by DougJustDoug
  3. mingot

mingot free agent
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

Seriously.

Do you want to know why there is no HGSS guide?

Because of pricks like you who like to bitch (see signature) and contribute absolutely nothing.

Go fuck yourself. Really.
  4. bojangles

bojangles IF YOU TRULY BELIEVE,
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

mingot obviously doesn't give a flying fladoodle about your request, so here is what I propose:

We give mingot some time to publish a new guide for you "beginners". If it's not out in time for B/W, the admins de-status mingot, and a new party will take over.

Thoughts?
  5. Huy

Huy INSTANT BALLS
    is a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

I defend u mngot
  6. DougJustDoug

DougJustDoug Knows the great enthusiasms
    is a member of the Site Staffis an Artistis a Programmeris a CAP Contributoris an Administratoris a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
    CAP Leader

This post has the perfect mix of noob naivete and an unjustified undertone of presumed intellect and experience, and it is all wrapped in a big sense of entitlement and indignant impatience. I really think posts like this set the gold standard for the trou motto of "These threads are ass."

Unfortunately, the replies in this thread are probably going to turn off Ultima from making that EV Training thread that he promises in his sig. Darn...
  7. skarm

skarm I HAVE HOTEL ROOMS
    is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

I will kidnap mingot's Yorkies and hold them hostage until this is completed. Thank you for your concern.
  8. Kevin Garrett

Kevin Garrett is a competitor
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 12 Championis a SPL Winner

[​IMG]

PALPATINE: It is upsetting to me to see that the Smogon doesn't seem to fully appreciate your talents. Don't you wonder why they won't make you a Smogon Moderator?

ULTIMA: I wish I knew. More and more I get the feeling that I am being excluded from the Smogon. I know there are things about the RNG that they are not telling me.

PALPATINE: They don't trust you, Ultima. They see your future. They know your Pokemon will be too strong to control. Ultima, you must break through the fog of lies the Smogon have created around you. Let me help you to know the subtleties of the RNG.
  9. Alchemator

DON'T DO IT ULTIMA!!!!!111!!?!1!?!!?!?!one!?!?!?!

HE HAS A SECRET

HE ACTUALLY POKÉSAVS!!!!!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!hat!!!/1?1!
  10. capefeather

capefeather YOU CAN'T STOP ROB
    is a Forum Moderatoris a CAP Contributoris a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Man, that's so true. That's basically what happened to Anakin. Silly noob Anakin.

Well, at least Ultima ignores defenses, not like Anakin jumping right into a light saber block and getting owned :P
  11. chaos

chaos
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Battle Server Administratoris a Programmeris a Smogon IRC SOPis a Contributor to Smogonis an Administratoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
    Owner

<chaos> wow what a total fuckstick
    <chaos> i dont know where people get the nerve
    <chaos> appropriate: When looking at Smogon for info, I noticed this and this specific problem. I posted on the forums for advice, and the information in X and Y threads could be used to easily make an HGSS-specific guide. Thanks for all of the help, guys!
    <chaos> inappropriate: you dumbasses dont you know what we want
  12. Synre

Synre
    is a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner

MasterOfKeyblades: Just asked for a HGSS RNGing guide and Mingot freaking flamed me for asking and THEN proceded to be a douchebag and changed my signature. I'm going to write a PM to SDS

please dont ban my administrator moderator SDS
  13. macle

macle ribbit
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

I'm on the look out
  14. evan

evan I did my best -- I have no regrets
    is a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

pm mingot for personal rng tutoring.
  15. DougJustDoug

DougJustDoug Knows the great enthusiasms
    is a member of the Site Staffis an Artistis a Programmeris a CAP Contributoris an Administratoris a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
    CAP Leader

Ultima's Friend: "So what did you do today, Ultima?"

Ultima: "I posted a douchebag thread on Smogon, insisting that a Smogon supermod hurry up and make a better RNG guide for idiots like me."

Friend: "Yikes, that doesn't sound good. Was the supermod pissed off?"

Ultima: "Yeah, he told me to go fuck myself."

Friend: "Well, look on the bright side... at least it was a supermod, and not an admin. Anyway, so then what happened?"

Ultima: "The supermod was promoted to admin..."
  16. Erazor

Erazor ✓ Just Doug It
    is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

haha doug
  17. X-Act

X-Act np: Biffy Clyro - Shock Shock
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

If you don't understand it, make more effort to understand it.

If you still don't understand it, then sorry, it's beyond you, and you would not understand it, not even if the guide you're asking for was written.

Either way, the more detailed guide you're asking for does not need to be written.

Case closed.
  18. Blue Kirby

Blue Kirby Never back down.
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL + WCoP Winner

Wow, I don't know what's gotten into all of you.

This was a perfectly reasonable suggestion ...
  19. Seven Deadly Sins

Seven Deadly Sins ~hallelujah~
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Site Staff Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

smogon helps those who help themselves
  20. Great Sage

Great Sage

For the record, I changed his signature, not weak mingot.
  21. Reverb

Reverb Aegislash is not broken
    is a Battle Server Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Yeah so all that stuff about chaos and the other admins running smogon, yeah you might think that. SDS is really the one pulling all the strings behind the scenes.
  22. Blue Kirby

Blue Kirby Never back down.
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL + WCoP Winner

Wow, guess I shouldn't have disagreed.

Now I've lost my admins. Thanks a lot, Ultima.

I don't suppose there's still time to jump ship?
  23. Alchemator

BK we all know it went downhill ever since you changed your avatar.

Come back ;_;
  24. Seven Deadly Sins

Seven Deadly Sins ~hallelujah~
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Site Staff Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

goddam man

i cant help you if you don't pm me

I GOT THE BAN BUTTON PRIMED, JUST TELL ME WHERE TO FIRE
  25. Glen

Glen
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

'BLAGH BLAGH BLAGH I DONT GET IT' for a modern age

edit: also http://www.smogon.com/forums/converse.php?u=52513&u2=53589

hahahaha 'Yeah, and in that thread, an admin was demodded and left for defending you. so yeah.'

i doubt ultima ever imagined he would create such a momentous rift in the smogon administration with such a thread!

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)