Hidden Power Legends IV/nature combinations take two

I'm pretty sure Lati@s have either normal IV from the island or totally screwed IVs from being runners. The IVs of the beasts as runners are allegedly screwed IV wise as well when runners and otherwise are subject to weird Colosseum/XD/Pokemon Box (is the third the same as the first two?) IV rules that seriously need research (how would you even go about this?). The nature of screwed IVs probably needs research as well; I would guess it just overwrites your PID generated IVs with random 0s which does open new combinations but none of which are actually useful.

We're assuming Celebi and Jirachi are having their IVs generated when created on the target game for the bonus disc/Pokemon Channel and that all of them come from bonus discs/Pokemon Channel (that would make all Celebi Japanese, but that's not a big deal). Is there reason to believe otherwise?

The one safe bet is that none of them are unrestricted so we are probably being "more accurate" to use known rules instead of allowing them to do anything. Of course, precise information would allow the best representation of ingame mechanics possible, and I'll update this topic as needed with new Hidden Power combinations for new rulesets if we discover them.

Syberia

[custom user title]
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
The IVs of the FR/LG dogs are not "allegedly" screwed, they are screwed and this is actually well-known. The game only reads the first byte or two of their IV string, so that HP can be 1-31, Attack can be 1-15, and the rest are always 0.

I have no idea whether this holds true for runners in Emerald, though.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
The IVs of the FR/LG dogs are not "allegedly" screwed, they are screwed and this is actually well-known. The game only reads the first byte or two of their IV string, so that HP can be 1-31, Attack can be 1-15, and the rest are always 0.

I've heard from a lot of people their Emerald runners have normal IVs, and they are generated when you tell your mother the runner's color. I just can't confirm because I didn't find my runner until now.

Well, Im pretty sure the Dogs from kanto are srewed, i always get between 0-1 ivs in them, but i got one with 31 hp Iv's from the GTS, jap. and legit-looking..

And the heonn is not as scrwed as the ones in Kanto.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)