Hidden Type

I actually do have a Trick Room team to be honest. One really nice Pokemon is Escavalier. I don't think anything outspeeds it under TR. It gets Swords Dance/Megahorn/Iron Head/Drill Run. It destroys a lot of stuff to be honest. It is kinda walled by Steel + Flying Pokemon though.

Oh and Crawdaunt. Crawdaunt is already amazing, but TR removes its speed issues.

One annoying thing is setting the IVs however. Running Trick Room sets your speed IVs to 0, messing up your HP Type. So you'll need to be wary with that. Also, You'll need to manually find EVs so that you can set 0 IVs.

Just a quick analysis of viable haze users. Do with it what you will.

Steel Articuno:
Weaknesses:
Fighting, Rock, Electric, Fire (4)
Neutralities: Steel, Dark, Ghost, Water (4)
Resistances: Normal, Flying, Fairy, Ice, Psychic, Dragon, Bug, Grass (8)
Immunities: Ground, Poison (2)
Pros:
Has good bulk. 90/100/125
Decent speed(85) and Sp. Atk(95).
Gets Haze, Roost, Defog, Heal Bell, Toxic, U-Turn and even Freeze Dry.
Cons:
Doesn't get Will-O-Wisp, Scald or any way of spreading burns.
Weak to four very common attacking types. And the 4x Fire weakness is terrible.
I ran Ground myself. It's only weak to Rock, Water, Ice, and Fire (No double weaknesses) and Toxic immunity isn't very important if you're running Heal Bell anyway. The main thing Steel has over it is protection from Dragonite's STABs (Dragon and Steel), and if you're considering keeping Articuno in on Dragonite you already have a problem. Electric immunity is useful, and in particular is a lot more useful for letting Articuno switch in on things that Poison immunity since Poison moves are so risky to use that unless you've specifically baited the enemy with something they know is weak to Poison odds are good you won't be switching in on a Poison move anyway. (Other than Toxic, and again, Heal Bell)

Steel Milotic:
Weaknesses:
Electric, Fighting, Ground (3)
Neutralities: Fire, Grass, Dark, Ghost (4)
Resistances: Bug, Dragon, Fairy, Flying, Ice, Normal, Psychic, Rock, Steel, Water (10)
Immunities: Poison (1)
Pros:
More HP and defence than Mantine at the cost of a little Sp. Def. 95/79/125
Recover/Haze/Scald/Mirror Coat/Magic Coat/Rest/Sleep Talk/Toxic
Can utilize Rest+Sleep Talk to take advantage of its ability. (Marvel Scale: If this Pokemon is statused, its Defense is 1.5x.)
No 4x weakness.
Cons:
3 weaknesses and only 1 immunity
Cannot clean hazards
If you're going for Restalk anyway, Steel typing is questionable, other than again resisting Dragonite's STABs. (Which is mostly relevant if you're running Dragon Tail, otherwise staying in on Dragonite is extremely questionable if you don't know its moveset) Steel should only be run if your recovery is Recover, so that you're immune to Toxic. Otherwise Grass or Dragon is probably your best choice. (Note that it gets Dragon Pulse)

You also neglect to mention that it gets Dragon Tail, which can be very useful/relevant.

Steel Tentacruel:
Weaknesses:
Electric, Ground (2)
Neutralities: Fighting, Fire, Dark, Psychic, Ghost (5)
Resistances: Bug, Fairy, Ice, Steel, Water, Normal, Flying, Grass, Rock, Dragon (10)
Immunities: Poison (1)
Pros:
80/65/120
Only two weaknesses.
Gets Rapid Spin, Acid Spray, Haze, Knock Off, Mirror Coat, Magic Coat, Scald, Toxic and Toxic Spikes
Base 100 speed is pretty surprising. Too bad it doesn't get Taunt.
Cons:
Terrible 4x ground weakness
No recovery
Grass is arguably better. It doesn't produce a double weakness, and in particular only adds a Flying weakness while actively covering up the Ground weakness. (Net result: weak to Flying and Psychic, done, just like Standard Mega Venusaur) Steel's Toxic immunity is redundant, the Sandstorm immunity is meh, and the plethora of resistances are debatable in their utility. Not only that, but Grass provides STAB on Giga Drain, directly improving Tentacruel's recovery situation.

I can't actually think of anything nice to say about adding Steel typing to Tentacruel. Even resisting Dragonite's STABs isn't worth the possibility of being exploded by Earthquake -whereas a Flying and Psychic weakness is generally not exploited by any Dragonite. (It gets Zen Headbutt, but it doesn't run it, and Hurricane is extremely questionable barring an obvious Rain team)

Steel Quagsire:
Weaknesses:
Grass, Fighting, Ground
Neutrality: Fire, Water, Dark, Ghost
Resistances: Rock, Steel, Normal, Flying, Fairy, Ice, Bug, Psychic, Dragon
Immunities: Electric, Poison (Water also if for some reason you decide to run Water Absorb instead of Unaware)
Pros:
95/85/65
Very good ability in Unaware.
Haze/Acid Spray/Amnesia/Recover/Scald/Toxic/Earthquake
Cons:
It's a defensive wall not a special wall so pretty much any special attacker can kill it.
I've never actually seen Steel Quagsire, and honestly the only positive about it is Toxic immunity. Even that is questionable -Poison achieves the same thing and its weakness to Psychic is more manageable than Steel's weakness to Fighting, since most Psychic attacks are going to be Special anyway and therefore you won't put Quagsire in front of them, whereas being weak to Close Combat severely interferes with the Physical Wall thing. Mind, so's being weak to Earthquake, but that's true of Steel as well. Quagsire's already immune to Sandstorm from its Ground typing, too, so Steel doesn't even offer that. Poison also throws in the utility of being able to run Black Sludge (If you're OK with advertising your typing) to punish Trick and the like.

As far as I'm aware Quagsire just goes for its standard typing, in fact.

I don't think anyone has mentioned Trick Room in this thread. I lost to one on the ladder the other day. The added STAB for Trick Room sweepers makes their job much easier. Dark Rampardos with Sheer Force Crunch, for example.
Haven't used it, haven't seen it. Certainly has the advantage of messing with some of the top, fast threats like Dragonite, Mega Altaria, and Manaphy. Might be valuable for that alone.

It's worth noting that in some cases, just because you choose a type for a pokemon that seems inferior on paper to another type, doesn't mean it can't be just as useful because of how unexpected it is.

An excellent example of this in my opinion is ground Togekiss. Has a huge ice weakness and is now weak to water and is not immune to poison, but still is nuetral to steel while also potenially walling sets that are made to directly deal with steel togekiss, such as electric gardevoir, special fire attackers and gravity sets and is at least nuetral to poison.

I use ground togekiss myself and it definitely delivers strong results because it catches to many opponents off guard.

It's worth noting that in some cases, just because you choose a type for a pokemon that seems inferior on paper to another type, doesn't mean it can't be just as useful because of how unexpected it is.

An excellent example of this in my opinion is ground Togekiss. Has a huge ice weakness and is now weak to water and is not immune to poison, but still is nuetral to steel while also potenially walling sets that are made to directly deal with steel togekiss, such as electric gardevoir, special fire attackers and gravity sets and is at least nuetral to poison.

I use ground togekiss myself and it definitely delivers strong results because it catches to many opponents off guard.
I think you oughta know that you should never post your lure sets unless it isn't directly inferior to the normal set.

I'd like to nominate Poison / Dark Landorus-I to S rank.

Landorus is an extremely strong pokemon in this meta game. Its Gravity set is fantastic anti-meta and leaves it with extremely few checks and counters.

Poison Landorus with Gravity active gets extraordinary coverage through its STABs, which when combined with Focus Blast can hit over 60% of the meta super effectively. Poison gives it a lot of free resistances while only adding a Psychic weakness, which is extremely easy to cover and it is risky using Psychic moves vs Landorus any way as it could potentially be Dark type. However Poison does have the small disadvantage of adding a weakness to yourself by using Gravity.

Dark Landorus is also extremely powerful. STAB Knock Off is arguably the most spammable move in the game and is terrific for breaking down walls and crippling the opponent. Dark only adds one weakness being Fairy and gives a useful Dark resist.

101 Speed has always been shaky in standard OU with the benchmark being 110 Spe, but here Landorus' speed tier is one of its strongest points, just out pacing all the pokemon of the new benchmark of 100. Boasting 125 Atk / 115 SpA boosted by LO and Sheer Force, as well as Landorus' ability to boost through Calm Mind, this thing's wall breaking and sweeping power is on point.

Lets face it, Landorus-I is S rank in standard OU, and it is imo substantially better in Hidden Type. It has an exemplary move pool and coverage, fantastic offensive stats and ability. Its speed tier leaves little to be desired and its ability to break down such an extreme portion of the meta game is second to none (except maybe Demon Yoshi). Landorus-I is easily just as hard to check or counter as Grass Manaphy, if not more so.

To me it only makes sense that Landorus-I is moved to S rank.

Landorus is an extremely strong pokemon in this meta game. Its Gravity set is fantastic anti-meta and leaves it with extremely few checks and counters.

Poison Landorus with Gravity active gets extraordinary coverage through its STABs, which when combined with Focus Blast can hit over 60% of the meta super effectively. Poison gives it a lot of free resistances while only adding a Psychic weakness, which is extremely easy to cover and it is risky using Psychic moves vs Landorus any way as it could potentially be Dark type. However Poison does have the small disadvantage of adding a weakness to yourself by using Gravity.

Dark Landorus is also extremely powerful. STAB Knock Off is arguably the most spammable move in the game and is terrific for breaking down walls and crippling the opponent. Dark only adds one weakness being Fairy and gives a useful Dark resist.

101 Speed has always been shaky in standard OU with the benchmark being 110 Spe, but here Landorus' speed tier is one of its strongest points, just out pacing all the pokemon of the new benchmark of 100. Boasting 125 Atk / 115 SpA boosted by LO and Sheer Force, as well as Landorus' ability to boost through Calm Mind, this thing's wall breaking and sweeping power is on point.

Lets face it, Landorus-I is S rank in standard OU, and it is imo substantially better in Hidden Type. It has an exemplary move pool and coverage, fantastic offensive stats and ability. Its speed tier leaves little to be desired and its ability to break down such an extreme portion of the meta game is second to none (except maybe Demon Yoshi). Landorus-I is easily just as hard to check or counter as Grass Manaphy, if not more so.

I second this.

InfernapeTropius11

get on my level

I third this :3
Anyway, like you said, it is very anti-meta and is good in almost every matchup. Gravity allows it to hit stuff such as Steel Dragonite, Flying Heatran, Flying Excadrill, and Steel Togekiss for SE damage and it's speed tier let's it revenge kill Grass Manaphy. A powerful special wallbreaker in OU, it is still powerful here, gaining STAB on either Knock Off (cuz fuck Chansey) or Sludge Wave (an excellent coverage option, although slightly less useful in this Steel dominated meta). The only thing you need to watch out for is Scarfed mons with EQ (if Poison+Gravity) or fast Ice Beams. It can sweep or wallbreak a majority of the metagame, so I definitely agree that it can go to S Rank.

Fourthed-ed. I use Poison Landorus with Gravity a lot. And often times, it is capable of tearing through unprepared teams. Few things resist its coverage and even fewer outspeed(The only faster Pokemon I've seen on the ladder are Gengar, Keldeo, Thundurus-I, Talonflame and random scarf Pokemon)

Weezing Dark S Rank
It does not come with any weakness thanks to its ability Levitate In addition to a STAB with your Dark pulse.

Last edited:

InfernapeTropius11

get on my level
I really hope this is a troll post.

Edit: Have people finally stopped using Dark Gengar yet? Having no weakness doesn't mean much when any neutral move OHKOs it anyway.
True. Also, Excadrill is very common, so EQ kills it too. It is only good from an offensive standpoint as Dark Pulse>Shadow Ball to hit Normal types, but generally something like Electric (STAB T-Bolt) is better imo (although annoying sets with WoW, Sub, Disable, etc. may like no weaknesses).

Edit: Have people finally stopped using Dark Gengar yet? Having no weakness doesn't mean much when any neutral move OHKOs it anyway.
Dark isn't necessarily good because it lacks weaknesses, but because it allows it to beat Ghost Chansey who otherwise completely walls it. It also allows it to take random knock offs from a slew of defensive Pokemon a lot better, and both of these attributes means that when used with taunt it becomes a very potent stallbreaker.

Dark isn't necessarily good because it lacks weaknesses, but because it allows it to beat Ghost Chansey who otherwise completely walls it. It also allows it to take random knock offs from a slew of defensive Pokemon a lot better, and both of these attributes means that when used with taunt it becomes a very potent stallbreaker.
Chansey still walls Dark Gengar without Taunt unless it gets several flinches in a row. If Gengar has Taunt, it will beat Chansey regardless of its secondary STAB. The Knock Off part is true, but the better offensive presence from Electric typing plus the ability to tank Flying priority from Mega Pinsir and Talonflame generally makes Electric Gengar a superior choice.

Agreeing with this. The Gravity set just easily destroy Stall teams that carry too much Steel types. It also got Knock Off for Chansey. One of the most painful poke to deal with for Stall imo.

I think you oughta know that you should never post your lure sets unless it isn't directly inferior to the normal set.
When using a hyper offense team in hidden type, surprise is everything. By the time that an opponent figures out your type, they can severely lose momentum because their conventional strategy for dealing with the pokemon is thrown out the window and they may have to sack a pokemon just to prevent a sweep. It doesn't matter if you think that a type is inferior if you can't stop a team in time after finding out that a gimmicky type is being used instead of the usual type expected of a pokemon.

When using a hyper offense team in hidden type, surprise is everything. By the time that an opponent figures out your type, they can severely lose momentum because their conventional strategy for dealing with the pokemon is thrown out the window and they may have to sack a pokemon just to prevent a sweep. It doesn't matter if you think that a type is inferior if you can't stop a team in time after finding out that a gimmicky type is being used instead of the usual type expected of a pokemon.
I was talking about theoretical inferiority and was merely trying to tell you that you were making your set worse by posting it.

I'd like to mention that Flying Bisharp gains substantially more set up opportunities than ghost Bisharp, mostly for resisting Dragon and being immune to Ground so it can check Dragonite, or atleast weaken it a bit. They're both A(+) rank but I prefer flying as it's unexpected.

I'd like to mention that Flying Bisharp gains substantially more set up opportunities than ghost Bisharp, mostly for resisting Dragon and being immune to Ground so it can check Dragonite, or atleast weaken it a bit. They're both A(+) rank but I prefer flying as it's unexpected.
I've only ever seen like 2 Dragonites running Earthquake. Ground is pretty mediocre on most things that don't have STAB on it or Gravity. Fire Punch is the most common coverage move in my experience meaning your Bisharp is 2KHOed Ghost or Flying. The next most common coverage moves are Thunder Punch and Ice Punch, neither of which 2HKO Ghost Bisharp, while Flying Bisharp is 2HKOed by Thunder Punch.
And these are without boosts. At +1 Dragonite has a 55% chance to 2HKO even if it only runs STABs (Guaranteed 2HKO is Outrage > Dragon Claw), Ice punch 2HKOs, and Fire/Thunder Punch are both OHKOs.
Bisharp is a horrible Dragonite check in the 1st place and even slightly worse when Flying > Ghost. Not to mention it can't even 3HKO Dragonite without Multiscale broken.

Don't get me wrong I find Flying Bisharp to be just as strong as Ghost Bisharp in most scenarios but the idea of it being a Dragonite Check baffles me.

I feel like most of these Mono Waters in particular would be better off with Grass > Steel. Maybe Tentacruel too, and there are probably some advantages to Ground on Articuno. Quagsire is a really weird case in that I honestly think it would probably be better off without a typing, the only typing I can think of with clear positives that weigh out the negatives is Fairy, but there is no HP Fairy yet.

Anyway, I've been mucking around on random alts recently and have a few things that I'd like to share:

Steel Mega Abomasnow: I'll bet you never thought you'd see an Abomasnow with only 2 weaknesses. That said though they are really horrible weaknesses with 4x Fighting and 8x Fire, but you can usually see them coming and they can be covered reasonably easily.
But anyway, the reason I've been using Steel Mega Abomasnow is mainly as a strong Dragonite check. Mega Abomasnow can come in the turn Dragonite either sets up or attacks, as Fire Punch is the only move that can reliably 2HKO Abo at +0 or OHKO at +1, and isn't always run. The turn Abo comes in Hail breaks Multiscale, then Blizzard OHKOs next turn. Without half as many weaknesses Mega Abomasnow is actually a really strong bulky mixed attacker. It has strong priority in Ice Shard and Pseudo recovery in Giga Drain, as well as options like Earthquake, Brick Break and Focus Blast to get around steels. B- maybe.

Another pokemon I wanted to test was Steel Scyther:
I'm currently playing around with a bulky SD set with SpD investment and STAB Steel Wing, and have found it to be surprisingly versatile. Banded sets are also quite nice with 105 Spe being actually really good in this meta with STAB U-Turn, and bulky Defog is good with the added resistances and less SR weak.
With 70/80/80 Defenses + Eviolite and reliable recovery, Scyther gets plenty of set up opportunities and is quite strong at +2. I'd put it in C+.

Lastly the gimmicky Bronzong set I've been using was Fire Bronzong with Trick and Flame Orb, to lure things that like to set up on Bronzong like Dragonite. When pulled off it was extremely strong and often won me the games, but it is very inconsistant and unreliable, would not recommend.
I also tried Fire Jirachi for the same reason, as well as STAB Fire Punch. This was pretty much better in every way and actually quite decent, but the 4x Ground weakness is a real deal breaker.
Steel scyter is free set up for Dragonite though, I'd put it in D. It doesn't do anything notable. Bulky defog + U-turn is done better by Scizor. Offensive versions are outclassed by, you guessed it, Dragonite.

160+ Atk Mega Abomasnow Ice Shard vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Multiscale Dragonite: 72-85 (22.2 - 26.3%) -- guaranteed 4HKO after hail damage
Mega Abamosnow really isn't that good here either. As seen by above it does little to Dragonite with Multiscale broken,
160+ Atk Mega Abomasnow Ice Shard vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Dragonite: 144-170 (44.5 - 52.6%) -- 78.5% chance to 2HKO after hail damage
It's not even sure it's going to 2HKO. C+(C) rank imo, it's not very good. It's slow. It's weak to a ton of types.

Dragonite is really not going to stay in on Bronzong, so how would you get an opportunity to trick it a flame orb?

Weezing Dark S Rank
It does not come with any weakness thanks to its ability Levitate In addition to a STAB with your Dark pulse.
No. And don't make troll posts, most of the time it's not funny.

Why would people stop using Mega Gengar when it's a counter to most Landorus-I sets, which is amazing for Offensive teams as it can check RP

I'm going to have to say no to this one.

1. Yeah Gravity is really good, it works wonder. But I often find it difficult to set up a gravity and even then I struggle to outspeed most pokemon. When I play against it I usually knock 50% of its health and then revenge kill, I often just lose one pokemon while they might lose their win condition.
2. It's not going to matter if it's to slow to actually hit mons super effectively. It's also lets Dragonite get up one free Dragon dance as it only takes 35% from Focus blast after multiscale and can OHKO with Outrage. On another note, please keep in mind Dragonite when nominating pokemon, it's a crucial pokemon in this meta, extremely defining.
3. Landorus-I is not S rank in OU, what are you talking about?
4. Yes, it's better in Hidden type but the same goes for every mon. There's not a single mon who's at a disadvantage of adding a third type.
5. I find Landorus-I difficult to counter but easier to check. It gives free set up to Dragonite. Tornados-T can switch in and take a Knock off, it can scare it out with Knock off.
6. There are counters to it, and they're find on most playstyles. Bulk Dnite, Bug Mega slowbro, Flying Mega Ampharos, Ghost Mega Audino w/ Encore, Mega Gyarados sets up on it. That was just me scrolling through all the Megas, I'm sure I can find more.
7. It's good. It's very good, but it's not S rank, it's not defining. It's A rank IMO

I've only ever seen like 2 Dragonites running Earthquake. Ground is pretty mediocre on most things that don't have STAB on it or Gravity. Fire Punch is the most common coverage move in my experience meaning your Bisharp is 2KHOed Ghost or Flying. The next most common coverage moves are Thunder Punch and Ice Punch, neither of which 2HKO Ghost Bisharp, while Flying Bisharp is 2HKOed by Thunder Punch.
And these are without boosts. At +1 Dragonite has a 55% chance to 2HKO even if it only runs STABs (Guaranteed 2HKO is Outrage > Dragon Claw), Ice punch 2HKOs, and Fire/Thunder Punch are both OHKOs.
Bisharp is a horrible Dragonite check in the 1st place and even slightly worse when Flying > Ghost. Not to mention it can't even 3HKO Dragonite without Multiscale broken.

Don't get me wrong I find Flying Bisharp to be just as strong as Ghost Bisharp in most scenarios but the idea of it being a Dragonite Check baffles me.
Earthquake is byfar the best coverage Dragonite runs, it should run Earthquake for Mega Altaria as it loses if not. Let's set up the situation.
I lead with Bisharp, you lead with Dragonite. You don't know which typing I am, but I know you're Steel.
You go for DD, I go for SD
You Earthquake, I avoid it. I knock off denting you heavily.
You Dragon claw or Outrage- it doesn't matter. I OHKO with Knock off.
That's usually how it goes, if not I can still use Sucker punch to break Multiscale.

Last edited by a moderator:
Steel scyter is free set up for Dragonite though, I'd put it in D. It doesn't do anything notable. Bulky defog + U-turn is done better by Scizor. Offensive versions are outclassed by, you guessed it, Dragonite.

160+ Atk Mega Abomasnow Ice Shard vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Multiscale Dragonite: 72-85 (22.2 - 26.3%) -- guaranteed 4HKO after hail damage
Mega Abamosnow really isn't that good here either. As seen by above it does little to Dragonite with Multiscale broken,
160+ Atk Mega Abomasnow Ice Shard vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Dragonite: 144-170 (44.5 - 52.6%) -- 78.5% chance to 2HKO after hail damage
It's not even sure it's going to 2HKO. C+(C) rank imo, it's not very good. It's slow. It's weak to a ton of types.

Dragonite is really not going to stay in on Bronzong, so how would you get an opportunity to trick it a flame orb?

1. Yeah Gravity is really good, it works wonder. But I often find it difficult to set up a gravity and even then I struggle to outspeed most pokemon. When I play against it I usually knock 50% of its health and then revenge kill, I often just lose one pokemon while they might lose their win condition.
2. It's not going to matter if it's to slow to actually hit mons super effectively. It's also lets Dragonite get up one free Dragon dance as it only takes 35% from Focus blast after multiscale and can OHKO with Outrage. On another note, please keep in mind Dragonite when nominating pokemon, it's a crucial pokemon in this meta, extremely defining.
3. Landorus-I is not S rank in OU, what are you talking about?
4. Yes, it's better in Hidden type but the same goes for every mon. There's not a single mon who's at a disadvantage of adding a third type.
5. I find Landorus-I difficult to counter but easier to check. It gives free set up to Dragonite. Tornados-T can switch in and take a Knock off, it can scare it out with Knock off.
6. There are counters to it, and they're find on most playstyles. Bulk Dnite, Bug Mega slowbro, Flying Mega Ampharos, Ghost Mega Audino w/ Encore, Mega Gyarados sets up on it. That was just me scrolling through all the Megas, I'm sure I can find more.
7. It's good. It's very good, but it's not S rank, it's not defining. It's A rank IMO
For someone who has peaked top of the ladder so many times you really do say some stupid things.

If you actually read my post you'd see that Steel Mega Abomasnow does check Dragonite very well (once its mega'd) and doesn't do so by using Ice Shard, but Blizzard.
Say your Dragonite gets a free switch in.
The next turn you go for either Dragon Dance or an Attack. Unless you are running Fire Punch (and according to you all Dragonite's run Earthquake over Fire Punch) no unboosted attacks will 2HKO, and no +1 attacks will OHKO. Meaning that Mega Abomasnow gets a free switch in.
Then, Hail breaks Multiscale the turn you switch in Mega Abomasnow, and Mega Abomasnow proceeds to OHKO Dragonite with Blizzard.
Its a simple concept.

As for Scyther, I've actually come to prefer Specially Defensive Ground Scyther as it counters Landorus-I very effectively and gets lots of set up opportunities thanks to its bulk with Eviolite. With its speed being extremely strong in this meta it is actually a very potent SD sweeper. It can't be outclasses by Dragonite as it fulfills a different role. It is more comparable to Specially Defensive SD Gliscor. It is a solid defensive pivot that can threaten to sweep if left unchecked.

And stop using 'its set up bait to Dragonite' as an argument. With the combination of Multiscale, a possible Lum Berry, and only one weakness just about everything is set up bait for Dragonite. Hence why it is S rank and threatened by a possible suspect test.

Why wouldn't a Dragonite stay in on a Bronzong?
Bronzong (just like almost everything else) is complete set up bait for the Dragon and has less to threaten it than most.

Landorus-I isn't too slow to hit things super effectively, its 101 speed is actually really strong.
Landorus-I IS S rank in OU, what are YOU talking about?

I g2g for now, I may post more later.

Last edited:
For someone who has peaked top of the ladder so many times you really do say some stupid things.

If you actually read my post you'd see that Steel Mega Abomasnow does check Dragonite very well (once its mega'd) and doesn't do so by using Ice Shard, but Blizzard.
Say your Dragonite gets a free switch in.
The next turn you go for either Dragon Dance or an Attack. Unless you are running Fire Punch (and according to you all Dragonite's run Earthquake over Fire Punch) no unboosted attacks will 2HKO, and no +1 attacks will OHKO. Meaning that Mega Abomasnow gets a free switch in.
Then, Hail breaks Multiscale the turn you switch in Mega Abomasnow, and Mega Abomasnow proceeds to OHKO Dragonite with Blizzard.
Its a simple concept.

As for Scizor, I've actually come to prefer Specially Defensive Ground Scizor as it counters Landorus-I very effectively and gets lots of set up opportunities thanks to its bulk with Eviolite. With its speed being extremely strong in this meta it is actually a very potent SD sweeper. It can't be outclasses by Dragonite as it fulfills a different role. It is more comparable to Specially Defensive SD Gliscor. It is a solid defensive pivot that can threaten to sweep if left unchecked.

And stop using 'its set up bait to Dragonite' as an argument. With the combination of Multiscale, a possible Lum Berry, and only one weakness just about everything is set up bait for Dragonite. Hence why it is S rank and threatened by a possible suspect test.

Why wouldn't a Dragonite stay in on a Bronzong?
Bronzong (just like almost everything else) is complete set up bait for the Dragon and has less to threaten it than most.

Landorus-I isn't too slow to hit things super effectively, its 101 speed is actually really strong.
Landorus-I IS S rank in OU, what are YOU talking about?

I g2g for now, I may post more later.
Your avatar really does reflect your personality.
I'm not saying bisharp doesn't run fire punch, I'm saying that it always runs Earthquake. It can also run Iron head so no, it's not a good a check. There are better ones, and that's why I disagree with ranking him B.

Scyther does the same thing Dragonite does, other then that Dragonite boosts speed and attack.

Scyther isn't even bulkier than it, so why are you using it besides different coverage? If you really want bug + flying coverage with bulk use Mega Scizor. If you're actually really, really nitpicky and want a bulky steel + flying + bug type pokemon feel free, but that's why it's D rank.

0 Atk Mew Giga Impact vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Multiscale Dragonite: 28-33 (8.6 - 10.2%) -- possibly the worst move ever

0 Atk Mew Giga Impact vs. 248 HP / 4 Def Scyther: 64-76 (18.6 - 22.1%) -- possible 5HKO

I will not stop using Dragonite switch in as an argument. Dragonite in HT is comparable to Primal groudon in Ubers, and a pokemons viability takes Groudon into account now, why shouldn't Dragonite?

It's not going to stay in because it can switch out, Bronzong isn't difficult to deal with and it Dragonite is only able to 3HKO. I wouldn't. Basically: I wouldn't risk Thunderwave/toxic or something else.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)