Hidden Type Mini-Tour (Won by Pikachuun)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Banner by brightobject

Welcome to the first Hidden Type mini-tour! For those of you who are unfamiliar with Hidden Type:
What is Hidden Type?
The Pokemon's Hidden Power type will be added to its type(s), if it does not have that type. For example: if Heatran has the IVs for Hidden Power Flying, its typing becomes Fire/Steel/Flying and if Chansey has the IVs for Hidden Power Ghost, its typing becomes Normal/Ghost. However, if Dragonite has the IVs for Hidden Power Flying, its typing remains Dragon/Flying. This means that if you do not change the IVs, Dark type will be added by default and if you do not want a type to be added, the IVs should be set for Hidden Power to be one of the Pokemon's types.

Tip: Select the Hidden Power you want so the Teambuilder sets the IVs for you, then you can change the move.

How does it work with Mega Evolution?
It works the same way. Mega Pinsir with the IVs for Hidden Power Ground will become Bug/Flying/Ground.

How does it work with Protean?
Protean removes all of the Pokemon's types and adds the move's type. For example: Protean Greninja with the typing Water/Dark/Grass will become only Water-type if it uses Hydro Pump.

How do Forest's Curse and Trick Or Treat work?
They replace the Pokemon's third type.

Standard OU clauses apply.

How to participate:
  • The first post in the thread is the signups. During the signups you post "in".
  • The Rounds will last approximately 5 days from the second the round is posted here. At the end of the 5 days, I will call any unfinished matches and move to the next round.
  • All of the Rounds will take place in this thread, so keep your eyes peeled for when the round is over and the next round has started!
  • Signups will close once 32 participants are achieved, but if that isn't possible, then it will be a 16-man tourney with the first 16 that signed up.
  • Please schedule all matches via Profile Post. I can't see your PMs or outside chats, so without Profile Posts, I don't have any actual proof of activity and will just flip a coin. If you schedule your match on IRC or something, try to leave each other a Profile Post. That way, I can see you've both agreed to a time and you also have a nice reminder right on your profile.

Identity

I expect many battles to be completed under alts. This can be bad for tournament security, and thus I will make this clear: If I hear any whispers of identity theft (battling as someone you are not) or proxy battling (helping someone else battle through pm) I will not be pleased and I will take severe actions.

Scouting

Next, I do not want to hear anything about counterteaming, at all. Do not complain about it. I also don't want to hear about any blatant scouting. There is a difference between "[user] is known for using stall" and "let me follow [user] around all day to watch all his battles since I am his opponent". I expect a lot of the former and none of the latter. With that said, I give permission to all battlers to ask any person spectating their battle to leave if they do not want them watching.

Timer Clause

As for taking long between moves, if your opponent asks you to hurry up, please oblige. If you are doing a damage calc for a key turn that is one thing, but prolonging every move is suspicious and annoying. Don't do it. Furthermore, Battle Timeout is a rule for a reason. If you run out of time, you lose, simple as that. It does not matter what your opponent says. Do not battle if you think you will have to leave mid battle, and instead reschedule for a better time.

Disconnections

Finally, in the case of a disconnect, the decision is in the hands of the player who did not disconnect. The options are: redo the battle move for move, redo the battle with the same teams but different moves, or redo the battle with completely different teams. If the battle was without a doubt over, they may also take the win. Any suspicion that a disconnect was committed on purpose to redo a match may be appealed to me, and if I feel this happened there will be severe consequences, don't do it.

I know that was a lot to read, but it is all necessary for me to have posted here so everyone can see it in the case of a dispute. I don't want any confusion or any problems.

Tournament Rules:
  • Battles will be played on Pokemon Showdown, on either the Official server or the Tournaments server because I know for sure these are up-to-date.
  • This is a single elimination best of one tournament.
  • It is recommended that you save replays in case of disputes; however, you are not required to post them.
  • You may switch your team each round.

Hidden Type discussion should take place in the Hidden Type thread or in the Other Metas room and not here.

Round 1
Round 2
Semi-Finals
Finals

Snaquaza

KACAW
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Beginning with 16 entries.
Round 1 Matchups:

Gimlaf vs Groudon ex I know Gimlaf and I don't know who the other person is.
Pikachuun vs grurk Both are decent players but Pikachuun still has to build a team so..
insanelegend vs tegrof19
yoman5 vs Cranham Even though Cranham doesn't really play OM's, he's a good player and should be able to win.
Dykes vs macrarazy I don't really know how either of them plays but I think macrarazy has played it so...
Jack Dalton vs unfixable One of the most experienced Hidden Type player versus another great player, should be an exciting match, but I think Jack Dalton has more experience so should win.
TheBurgerKing99 vs Wettin Another exciting match, two good players (iirc) face up against each other. I think TBK should win this as I think he has more experience and is in general a better player, but I don't know Wettin that well.
Langur vs Ghoul King I think Langur is pretty good at this. Ghoul King has a chance too, but I'm leaning towards Langur.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)