Hidden Type

Has anyone ever thought of Rock/Steel/Flying Bastiodon?

The reason Bastiodon is low tiered is partially due to it's massive weaknesses to Fighting and Ground, two common types in the metagame. Rock/Steel/Flying means it loses both of it's double weaknesses, and now only has weaknesses to Water, Fighting and Electric.

Also, I'm guessing Fire/Flying/Dragon Charizard will mega evolve into a Fire/Dragon Charizard X right, not a Fire/Dragon/Dragon?

Last edited:

The reason Bastiodon is low tiered is partially due to it's massive weaknesses to Fighting and Ground, two common types in the metagame. Rock/Steel/Flying means it loses both of it's double weaknesses, and now only has weaknesses to Water and Electric.
It's also 2X weak to Fighting

The code just lists off the five different damage levels to apply based on whether it's 4x weak, 2x weak, normal, resistant, or doubly resistant. It does not list outer values, nor does it simply provide a formula to plug in.

Dunno if that qualifies as a "bug" or not, but that's why.

If that's not a problem, I say keep it that way. Nobody likes their mon killed on switch. But if it messes with the game logic and the coding logic, then go ahead and change it.

Last edited:

Illusio

Bold and Brash

The reason Bastiodon is low tiered is partially due to it's massive weaknesses to Fighting and Ground, two common types in the metagame. Rock/Steel/Flying means it loses both of it's double weaknesses, and now only has weaknesses to Water and Electric.

Also, I'm guessing Fire/Flying/Dragon Charizard will mega evolve into a Fire/Dragon Charizard X right, not a Fire/Dragon/Dragon?
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/hiddentype-167791673

Just Fire/Dragon.

I completely overlooked Fairy/Steel Unaware Clefable until Scarfnaut halted my sweep and beat me with it. Clefairy + Quagsire Unaware combo sounds delicious me. Maybe 2 Unaware + 2 Regenerator would work well. All in all, I'm happy this didn't turn out into favoring Offense or Defense too much. Sometimes, it ultimately comes down to what type you have chosen.

Clefable in general is really good in Hidden Type. Two amazing abilities - I've personally had a lot of success with a Calm Mind set and Magic Guard, but Unaware is always useful to have. And its mono Fairy typing gives it a bunch of viable Hidden Types - Electric, Water, Steel, Poison and Dragon are all great options that can be chosen depending on what resists/immunities benefit the rest of your team the most.

Try Sheer Force Landorus with Knock Off/Superpower. Also, I don't see how Salamence is a 'good' Special Attacker. The Lati@s are better Special Attackers than Salamence.

Offensive treath:

Gyarados @ Lum Berry
Ability: Moxie/Intimidate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
IVs: 30 SpA / 30 SpD
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Bounce
- Waterfall

Gyarados is a great DD sweeper, and, now it have a electric immunity, STAB EQ and no more Stealth Rock weakness. Lum Berry is for status users(Chansey, P-2, Heatran, Breloom,etc) and EV spread is for max atk(383) and speed (261). 30 SpA/SpD is for get ground type.
Moves are basic, 3 good power stabs, Dragon Dance for setup

Someone has probs already mentioned this but Bisharp can be the ultimate hazard controller with a Ghost type. You either block spin or get +2. Pairs p well with Torn and Gliscor (from prev page) bc of resistances to Ice and Grass and can also help Torn wear stuff down and beat annoying stuff like Conk and Drill.

talonflame is never a reason to not use something, nor is talonflame's existence a statement on how good a mon is. please don't treat it like one.
However, Talonflame just obliterates Grass Manaphy even if switched into a predicted Tail Glow. He is only trying to convey that message to you in a humorous way. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)