Hidden Type

Closest things to no weaknesses are HP Dark Weezing/Gengar--they are weak to Ground but they have Levitate, so only Earth Power Kyu-B/EQ Excadrill with Teravolt/Mold Breaker respectively can hit them for SE damage.

ON a more serious note, what are your thoughts on Dark Azumarill? It looks like it could be promising with STAB knock off alongside its already good STAB in Water/Fairy. Being weak to fairy is :/ but fairy is not that prominent in this meta.
Also Steel Sylveon? It looks like a solid wishpasser which hits decently hard compared to clefable.

Edit: Fuck I wasted my 400th post

ON a more serious note, what are your thoughts on Dark Azumarill? It looks like it could be promising with STAB knock off alongside its already good STAB in Water/Fairy. Being weak to fairy is :/ but fairy is not that prominent in this meta.
Also Steel Sylveon? It looks like a solid wishpasser which hits decently hard compared to clefable.

STAB Knock Off sounds amazing, at the cost of gaining one weakness, losing a resistance to fighting (which isn't that bad tbh), gaining a quad resist to dark and picking up a handy resist to ghost now. Dark/Fairy is a great typing with amazing neutral coverage.

The fairy weakness sucks, but we can't have it all.

InfernapeTropius11

get on my level

Well yeah, but only if it keeps its only Electric typing. Fighting actually seems like a decent type for it for STAB Drain Punch, and only gives it weaknesses to Psychic/Fairy. Dark seems like a really good typing for Azumarill, as it gives it 3 spammable STABs after it has set up a BD. Knock Off is gone be hitting really hard now, and Chansey is absolutely no struggle for it. Also hurts Mega Slowbro a lot, and nothing likes losing their item, and it even hits harder now, which is great. Seems probably like B+ is good for it.

Yeah, Greninja basically doesn't change this meta considering Protean would just cancel out the Hidden Type anyway
Incorrect! Protean does not change the Hidden Type of a Pokemon. (At least last time I experimented with this, which was admittedly months ago. It's possible a code update was made in that regard and not announced)

Steel Greininja is best Greninja.

Incorrect! Protean does not change the Hidden Type of a Pokemon. (At least last time I experimented with this, which was admittedly months ago. It's possible a code update was made in that regard and not announced)

Oh really? That's awesome.

Electric Greninja so no paralysis?

It should change it - probably an oversight in the code if this is the case.
How does it work with Protean?
Protean removes all of the Pokemon's types and adds the move's type. For example: Protean Greninja with the typing Water/Dark/Grass will become only Water-type if it uses Hydro Pump.

Well, that just has me wondering about everything else that changes type. My own experience has been consistently the case that, with the possible exception of Forest's Cure and Trick Or Treat (I have never tested them or seen them used in Hidden Type), everything that changes a Pokemon's typing in any way has no effect on the added type, including Conversion, Conversion2, Color Change, Soak, Camouflage....

... none of which are addressed in the OP, by the way. Color Change seems a particular odd oversight, given that it's essentially reverse-Protean. (Or I guess Protean is reverse-Color Change)

Okay. I don't know if it's April Fools's joke or not but Giratina-O now is being introduced in OU. How will it do in here? I'm thinking of something like this.

Giratina @ Griseous Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: idk about this. Possibly 252 Atk and some Sp. Atk
Naughty Nature
IVs: 30 SpD (Steel)
- Defog/Will-o-wisp
- Shadow Force
- Shadow Sneak/Iron Head/Earthquake/Dragon Claw
- Draco Meteor/Thunderbolt/Earth Power

Okay. I don't know if it's April Fools's joke or not but Giratina-O now is being introduced in OU. How will it do in here? I'm thinking of something like this.

Giratina @ Griseous Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: idk about this. Possibly 252 Atk and some Sp. Atk
Naughty Nature
IVs: 30 SpD (Steel)
- Defog/Will-o-wisp
- Shadow Force
- Shadow Sneak/Iron Head/Earthquake/Dragon Claw
- Draco Meteor/Thunderbolt/Earth Power
The test just started... When it's voted OU, you can start discussing it.

Well, that just has me wondering about everything else that changes type. My own experience has been consistently the case that, with the possible exception of Forest's Cure and Trick Or Treat (I have never tested them or seen them used in Hidden Type), everything that changes a Pokemon's typing in any way has no effect on the added type, including Conversion, Conversion2, Color Change, Soak, Camouflage....

... none of which are addressed in the OP, by the way. Color Change seems a particular odd oversight, given that it's essentially reverse-Protean. (Or I guess Protean is reverse-Color Change)
I will add what they should do to the OP, and if they don't then you can report it again (with a replay preferably).

Hey, i'm sort of new around the tier, but have been using an interesting offensive team with good success for a while, and there's some pokemons i've been using to mild/great success that i feel are worth nominating at least for B+ rank.
Aside from Steel Dragonite, flying heatran and dark gengar that i guess it's common usage around the meta, i've been using the following pokes to mild/great success:

Ghost Bisharp - Ghost Bisharp trades a dark and ghost resistance for immunity to fighting/normal and resistance to bug, which makes him from a mon that would flee from fighting types into a mon that actually prefers switching into them (bar scrappy mons). With the momentum it gets from switching in a fighting move, and since it's rare that fighting moves are followed by fire or ground as coverage, it's a safe bet that bisharp will be able to safely switch in fighting/normal moves and set up SD, that makes him quite able to sweep through some things, or either simply use it strong STAB's and life orb to revenge kill most things on the meta. There's also the particular utility of knock off that it's quite capable of crippling some things that depend much on items like Ghost Chansey as the best example.

Flying Magnezone - Same typing as steel zapdos, except slower and different coverage, althought it has better physical bulk and analytic that compensates over being slow, that make him a very decent switch in into some things on the meta and a slow volt-switch or revenge kill, and can afford to take quite some hits and will often be one of your last standing mons simply out of it's ability to volt switch through any major threat to him.

Steel Hawlucha - I picked him out of curiosity to see how it would do in the meta, but this was my biggest surprise since Steel Hawlucha is quite an unexpected killing machine with the ammount of dark and steel typings in the meta and a few grass types as well. Itemless to afford acrobatics and with simply high jump kick and iron head as coverage, along with SD, it's a simple win con that can instantly sweep through unprepared teams , or after it's checks are gone. Being weak only to electric and fire moves, it's quite excellent for a fighting type, because those are also not common moves on most things fighting types like to switch in like steel, rock and normal types. Even natural checks like Steel Zapdos can be outsped and 2hko, so Hawlucha from the moment it switches in it's an almost granted kill against most things in the meta, if not OHKO.

Can I ask, is there a list somewhere with all the combinations that have zero weaknesses? If not, would anyone be interested in such a list being made?

Can I ask, is there a list somewhere with all the combinations that have zero weaknesses? If not, would anyone be interested in such a list being made?
Closest things to no weaknesses are HP Dark Weezing/Gengar--they are weak to Ground but they have Levitate, so only Earth Power Kyu-B/EQ Excadrill with Teravolt/Mold Breaker respectively can hit them for SE damage.

Any dark/poison mons with levitate, pure electrics with levitate, water/ground with sap sipper, bug/steel with flash fire (or primordial sea) or pure flying types with delta stream.

I don't think Sap Sipper Ground Azu has any weaknesses. Poison is neutralized, and it's immune to electric and Grass.

Last edited:
Any dark/poison mons with levitate, pure electrics with levitate, water/ground with sap sipper, bug/steel with flash fire (or primordial sea) or pure flying types with delta stream.
You seem to be talking AAA here, in which case you can also put Delta Stream on Flying/Electric types, giving you extra Flying, Steel and Electric resistance.
I don't think Sap Sipper Ground Azu has any weaknesses. Poison is neutralized, and it's immune to electric and Grass.
Thanks for pointing that out; when I looked into weaknesses of triple types I only mentioned typings with a single 2x weaknesses, but not a single 4x weakness.

The Pokemon's Hidden Power type will be added to its type(s), if it does not have that type.
How can you give a Pokemon a Fairy Typing if there's no Hidden Power Fairy?
You can't.
Well then, I suggest that the makers of this OM figure out a way to allow a hidden Fairy typing. Maybe by selecting a set of IVs to stand for Fairy — one not already taken by a Hidden Power, of course. This might require the IVs to be inputted manually, but that is not a difficult task.

And, The Immortal, I was not and am not intending to bump this thread.

If you're going to bump a thread then do so with some contribution to the thread.

InfernapeTropius11

get on my level
Well then, I suggest that the makers of this OM figure out a way to allow a hidden Fairy typing. Maybe by selecting a set of IVs to stand for Fairy — one not already taken by a Hidden Power, of course. This might require the IVs to be inputted manually, but that is not a difficult task.

And, The Immortal, I was not and am not intending to bump this thread.
First of all, that would go against the basis of the OM. The basis is to add a type to each Pokemon based on the Hidden Power type that their IVs would give them, so if a Hidden Power type is impossible, it therefore is also impossible to get said type added to a Pokemon, and I doubt the exception would be made. (I'm also pretty sure that all IVs correlate to a Hidden Power type, although I'm not too sure about this--I do know that there are at least a few separate IV combinations for each type. Btw, it goes by odd/even not 31/30 in case you didn't know that, greatly lowering the number of possible combinations.)

As for the bumping part, you can't say you weren't and aren't intending to bump this thread when what you just did was literally the definition of bumping this thread ._.

What happens if a Pokémon dies to Stealth Rocks but is holding a Focus Sash/Sturdy (Like Focus Sash HP Flying Volcarona)?

Also, HP Poison Mega Sharpedo sound quite awesome, gets STAB on Poison Jab, becomes only weak to Ground and Electric, neutral to Mach Punch, U-Turn, and Grass, a good amount of resistances and Inmunity to Toxic!! Electric or Fire type Sharpedo sounds fine too, avoiding getting T-Wave/Burned respectively!

HP Steel Talonflame sounds cool, Inmunity to poison and only x2 Rocks weaknesses is cool, but it dies to EQ if he roosts

Another Pokémon with potential I see is HP Ice Lopunny (Weak to rocks, but STAB Ice Punch sounds nice)

sin(pi)

lucky n bad
What happens if a Pokémon dies to Stealth Rocks but is holding a Focus Sash/Sturdy (Like Focus Sash HP Flying Volcarona)?

Also, HP Poison Mega Sharpedo sound quite awesome, gets STAB on Poison Jab, becomes only weak to Ground and Electric, neutral to Mach Punch, U-Turn, and Grass, a good amount of resistances and Inmunity to Toxic!! Electric or Fire type Sharpedo sounds fine too, avoiding getting T-Wave/Burned respectively!

HP Steel Talonflame sounds cool, Inmunity to poison and only x2 Rocks weaknesses is cool, but it dies to EQ if he roosts

Another Pokémon with potential I see is HP Ice Lopunny (Weak to rocks, but STAB Ice Punch sounds nice)
Focus sash/sturdy only affect attacks.

As for Mega Shark, I'd prefer Poison Fang to Jab, because you exchange 5 BP for an extra 20% chance of poisoning (and in this case it's toxic, perfect for breaking down walls)

also lop would be neutral to rocks thanks to its fighting type :)

Focus sash/sturdy only affect attacks.
Ah, cool TY

As for Mega Shark, I'd prefer Poison Fang to Jab, because you exchange 5 BP for an extra 20% chance of poisoning (and in this case it's toxic, perfect for breaking down walls)
mhhh... I mean, Sharpedo is a late game cleaner, but I see your point

also lop would be neutral to rocks thanks to its fighting type :)
Right, I forgot Fighting Types resist rocks!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)