Hipsters of Smogon assemble!

I need your music. Badly. My library is become old and dry and I need new/fresh music to keep me going. So...I mean...I guess...post your musical preferences/suggestions here?

Ill start with what I listen to and enjoy the most:

~Beirut (The Flying Club Cup is my favorite album)
~Muse
~Aloha
~Man-Man
~Mister Heavenly (these guys just finished their first tour and dont have any albums yet, but can hear their stuff on youtube)

I'll really listen to anything, except mainstream crap...so yeah...let's share our music

Royksopp, IDK if you like sorta electronic stuff but they are good even if you don't.
Ratatat
Tycho
Boards of Canada
Zero 7

Ok this is the 2nd time I tried writing this post but here goes. It looks like you like a lot of indie pop so heres some stuff you might like:

Ariel Pink's Haunted Graffiti - Before Today

It's pretty funky and groovey (I hate using those words but OK) but I like it a lot

Round and Round

The Band In Heaven - Demos

A friend put me on to this newish band a few months ago. I really like their fuzzy sort of sound, get it if you like shoegaze.

Their Bandcamp

Deerhunter - Halcyon Digest

My second favorite album this year by one of my favorite bands ever. You might have it already but whatever.

Helicopter

The Flaming Lips - The Soft Bulletin

Again, you might know this but it's spectacular so get it anyway.

Feeling Yourself Disintergrate (My iPod refuses to play the vid so I'm not sure this is the right one)

Janelle Monae - The ArchAndroid

Maybe more art pop than indie, but definitely worth checking out

Cold War

Sufjan Stevens - Illinois

Again, pretty standard indie fare but I love it, also check out Age Of Adz if you want something more recent (or something synthier)

Chicago

Beach House - Teen Dream

Not really in love with these guys (In fact I think this is probably the most overrated release this year) but you might like this.

Norway

Slowdive - Souvlaki

Amazing. It's like listening to clouds.

Alison

Sweet Trip - Velocity : Design : Comfort

In retrospect these guys are more electronic than anything, but if you're looking for something a little different, give them a shot

Dsco (You guessed it, it's a dance track)

Also 1 more thing, if you get the chance try "The XX". I haven't heard them myself but I heard they're really good indie pop, so you might like that.

@Max Fightmaster
thanks for all the music suggestions :P Love your avatar too, by the way
@Bluecaptain
I'll be sure to check out those bands

Also, The Rural Alberta Advantage...just found them literally last night
I love their drums

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)