1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Hitmonlee (New Moveset) [QC: 3/3] [GP: 2/2]

Discussion in 'Uploaded Analyses' started by phoopes, Jul 29, 2012.

1. phoopes

phoopes The Boss
    is a Battle Server Moderator

[​IMG]
    Hitmonlee

[SET]
    name: Reversal Sweeper
    move 1: Reversal
    move 2: Endure
    move 3: Stone Edge
    move 4: Earthquake / Mach Punch
    item: Liechi Berry
    ability: Unburden
    nature: Adamant
    evs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>After a boost from Unburden and Liechi Berry, Hitmonlee becomes one of the most fearsome sweepers in RU. With the boost from Liechi Berry, it reaches a staggering 558 Attack, meaning Hitmonlee can hit anything it faces hard. Not only this, but after an Unburden boost, Hitmonlee hits 546 Speed, which is good enough to outspeed everything unboosted in RU and quite a few Pokemon with Choice Scarf as well. Endure pairs well with Unburden and Liechi Berry because it allows Hitmonlee to survive an attack that would normally KO it, gain both boosts, and proceed to sweep. Another great reason to use Hitmonlee is that no relevant Pokemon resists its entire moveset. Between a Reversal at low HP, Earthquake, and Stone Edge, Hitmonlee poses a big threat to every Pokemon in RU. However, Mach Punch can be used over Earthquake to take care of priority users who would otherwise KO Hitmonlee.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>Uxie is a good check to this set, as Reversal is resisted and only 2HKOes when at full power even after a Liechi Berry boost. Thus, Hitmonlee can be taken out by any attacking move from Uxie the same turn, ruining an opportunity for a sweep. Priority users also destroy this set. Hitmonlee will ideally be at 1 HP to take full advantage of Reversal, so any priority move will bypass Hitmonlee's great Speed and KO. Bulky Water-types, such as Slowking and Qwilfish, can survive any hit, meaning that they can pose a threat to Hitmonlee. The same is true for Ghost-type Pokemon, such as Spiritomb. It should be noted that a resisted Reversal at 1 HP is more powerful than a neutral Earthquake or Stone Edge, so the latter two moves should normally only be used in cases in which they are super effective.</p>

<p>Spiritomb and Drapion are both great partners for Hitmonlee, as they can take out the Ghost-types that are immune to Hitmonlee's Fighting STAB. Tangrowth is also a good teammate, as it can take hits from the priority moves aimed at Hitmonlee. However, this may be unnecessary if Hitmonlee carries a priority move of its own in Mach Punch.</p>
  2. Cretacerus

Cretacerus

add stone edge as an alternative for hitting flying types such as Sigiliph or Moltres :)
  3. Arterial

Arterial

Ok, I thought of that before, but I neglected it simply because I'm adding too many alternatives :P
  4. DittoCrow

DittoCrow
    is a Tiering Contributoris a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner
    Mentor

Are you writing the whole analysis or just one set? If it is just the Reversal set, then you don't need the [Overview] part! The full analysis would also require more sections that you can read about here.
  5. Arterial

Arterial

It's just one set, so maybe I should delete the overview?
  6. Arterial

Arterial

I've read the guidelines quite a few times, but I'm not really sure what to include if I only want to share one set.
  7. Omicron

Omicron
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Hitmonlee most likely needs a revamp, so you're welcome to do the entire analysis if you so please.
  8. Arterial

Arterial

I would love to :)
  9. Arterial

Arterial

But I'm kinda busy these few days, so maybe I'll just submit a set for the while being.
  10. Oglemi

Oglemi I ask consent before I thrash anuses.
    is a Tournament Directoris a member of the Site Staffis a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis an Administratoris a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
    C&C Leader

OK QC discussed this, the premise behind the set is intriguing, but the set needs some work

Here's what it should look like:

[SET]

Remove Salac Berry from AC, you should only be using Liechi Berry on this kind of set

Double Kick is laughable, remove that

Spiritomb needs to be mentioned as a teammate to take out the Ghost-types that'll give you trouble

You 2HKO Uxie at +1 with a full powered Reversal btw

Tangrowth is another good partner since if you don't have Mach Punch priority users such as Feraligatr and Kabutops will be able to come in and take you out easily

Do these things and I'll stamp it
  11. Arterial

Arterial

12. DittoCrow

DittoCrow
    is a Tiering Contributoris a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner
    Mentor

Just elaborate in Additional Comments please. Mention other checks and counters such as Mesprit, Cofagrigus, Slowking, Qwilfish, priority moves, and the like. Don't mention Bulk Up (it's not on the set either :p).

Once you make those changes:

[qc]1/3[/qc]
  13. blarajan

blarajan i was born under the same star as shakeitup
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Site Staff Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus
    Little Cup Leader

For the record, a resisted full power Reversal hits harder than a neutral Earthquake / Stone Edge.
  14. Upstart

Upstart Copy Cat

QC Approved 2/3
  15. Molk

Molk mfw houndoom might drop
    is a Tutoris a member of the Site Staffis a Smogon IRC AOPis a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
    RU Leader

ive seen this set a few times and its very effective, excellent lategame sweeper.

QC approved 3/3
  16. asterat

asterat

Slash sub with endure.
  17. Worldtour

Worldtour aka Swamp-Rocket
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
    Mentor

Please elaborate. I see very little reason to slash a Substitute with Endure when Stealth Rock can absolutely ruin your chances of hitting a 200 BP Reversal
  18. DittoCrow

DittoCrow
    Mentor

This can be moved to L&O. phoopes is going to take this over.
  19. Jukain

Jukain fuck macle
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon

phoopes your format is wrong, "teammates and counters" is not a section, it is the second paragraph of AC. I also feel that the teammates section is lacking. Counters don't need an AC mention unless you are suggesting teammates to get around them. Cofagrigus is UU, btw.

EDIT: also "move 4: Earthquake/Mach Punch" should be "move 4: Earthquake / Mach Punch"
  20. DittoCrow

DittoCrow
    Mentor

Yeah pokemon0078 is right. You also need to make a brand new thread for this! Check the Analysis Formatting Guide before you post your thread. Note that you do not need the [Overview], [Other Options], or [Checks and Counters] sections since this is only one set.
  21. phoopes

phoopes The Boss

Ah, okay. I went based off the stuff that was given to me, and there was a heading with bullet points under it called "Teammates and Partners." So I guess I'll merge that paragraph in the AC section, then. Also, I forgot that Cofagrigus was moved up to RU. Again, I just went by what was written up originally, and Cofagrigus was listed as a check/counter since it was still RU at the time.

Do I need a new thread? Last time I did an analysis, I posted a new thread and it got merged into the existing one. Looks like that was what happened here too, since I'm now the OP.
  22. Oglemi

Oglemi I ask consent before I thrash anuses.
    is a Tournament Directoris a member of the Site Staffis a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis an Administratoris a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
    C&C Leader

I fixed the formatting for you, you're good to go in that regard
  23. phoopes

phoopes The Boss

Oh, I was just about to do that. Thanks for saving me the trouble!

Should be ready for GP checks, now.
  24. Redew

Redew
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon

Show Hide
    [SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>After a boosts from both Unburden and Liechi Berry, Hitmonlee can become one of the most fearsome sweepers in RU. With the boost from Liechi Berry, it reaches a staggering 558 Attack, meaning Hitmonlee can hit anything it faces hard. Not only this, but after an Unburden boost, Hitmonlee hits 546 Speed. This, which is good enough to outspeed everything in RU, and quite a few Pokemon with Choice Scarf as well. The way this is done is by using Endure. This movEndure pairs well with Unburden and Liechi Berry because Hitmonlee can survive an attack that would normally KO it, gain both boosts, and proceed to sweep. Another great reason to use Hitmonlee is that no Pokemon resists its entire moveset. Between a Reversal at low HP, Earthquake, and Stone Edge, Hitmonlee poses a big threat to every Pokemon in RU. However, Mach Punch may be used over Stone Edge to take care of priority users whom would otherwise KO Hitmonlee.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>Uxie is a good check to this set, as Reversal is resisted and only 2HKOes when at full power from Hitmonlee after a Liechi Berry boost from. Thus, Hitmonlee can be taken out by any attacking move from Uxie the same turn, ruining an opportunity for a sweep. Priority users also destroy this set. Hitmonlee would ideally be at 1 HP to take full advantage of Reversal, so any priority move would bypass Hitmonlee's great sSpeed and KO. Bulky wWaters-types, such as Slowking and Qwilfish, can survive any hit, meaning that they can pose a threat to Hitmonlee. The same is true for Ghost-type Pokemon, such as Cofagrigus. It should be noted that a resisted Reversal at 1 HP is more powerful than a neutral Earthquake or Stone Edge, so the latter two moves should normally only be used in cases in which they are super effective.</p>

<p>Spiritomb and Drapion are both great partners for Hitmonlee, sinceas they can take out the Ghost -types that are immune to Hitmonlee's Fighting STAB. Tangrowth is also another good teammate for Hitmonlee since, as it can take hits from priority moves that could be aimed at taking out Hitmonleeit out. However, this may be unnecessary if Hitmonlee carries a priority move of its own in Mach Punch.</p>

c/p (open)
    [SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>After a boost from Unburden and Liechi Berry, Hitmonlee can become one of the most fearsome sweepers in RU. With the boost from Liechi Berry, it reaches a staggering 558 Attack, meaning Hitmonlee can hit anything it faces hard. Not only this, but after an Unburden boost, Hitmonlee hits 546 Speed, which is good enough to outspeed everything in RU and quite a few Pokemon with Choice Scarf as well. Endure pairs well with Unburden and Liechi Berry because Hitmonlee can survive an attack that would normally KO it, gain both boosts, and proceed to sweep. Another great reason to use Hitmonlee is that no Pokemon resists its entire moveset. Between a Reversal at low HP, Earthquake, and Stone Edge, Hitmonlee poses a big threat to every Pokemon in RU. However, Mach Punch may be used over Stone Edge to take care of priority users who would otherwise KO Hitmonlee.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>Uxie is a good check to this set, as Reversal is resisted and only 2HKOes when at full power from Hitmonlee after a Liechi Berry boost. Thus, Hitmonlee can be taken out by any attacking move from Uxie the same turn, ruining an opportunity for a sweep. Priority users also destroy this set. Hitmonlee would ideally be at 1 HP to take full advantage of Reversal, so any priority move would bypass Hitmonlee's great Speed and KO. Bulky Water-types, such as Slowking and Qwilfish, can survive any hit, meaning that they can pose a threat to Hitmonlee. The same is true for Ghost-type Pokemon, such as Cofagrigus. It should be noted that a resisted Reversal at 1 HP is more powerful than a neutral Earthquake or Stone Edge, so the latter two moves should normally only be used in cases in which they are super effective.</p>

<p>Spiritomb and Drapion are both great partners for Hitmonlee, as they can take out the Ghost-types that are immune to Hitmonlee's Fighting STAB. Tangrowth is also another good teammate for Hitmonlee, as it can take hits from priority moves that could be aimed at taking it out. However, this may be unnecessary if Hitmonlee carries a priority move of its own in Mach Punch.</p>

[gp]1/2[/gp]
  25. phoopes

phoopes The Boss

Aaaand done. Thank you.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)