Hitmonlee

[OVERVIEW]

Hitmonlee has a big presence in RU thanks to its solid 120 Attack stat and the great combination of Reckless and High Jump Kick as well as a bunch of cool moves including Knock Off and Rapid Spin. Hitmonlee also has another useful ability in Unburden along with two solid priority moves in Mach Punch and Sucker Punch, and a high Special Defense. However, Hitmonlee has an average 87 Speed and low HP and Defense, meaning that it can be easily stopped by common Pokemon such as Aromatisse, Togetic, Golbat, and Amoonguss.

[SET]
name: Reckless
move 1: High Jump Kick
move 2: Knock Off
move 3: Mach Punch / Sucker Punch
move 4: Rapid Spin
ability: Reckless
item: Life Orb
evs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
nature: Adamant / Jolly

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
=======

High Jump Kick is Hitmonlee's best STAB move, OHKOing a lot of bulky Pokemon, such as Escavalier, thanks to the boosts from Reckless and Life Orb. Knock Off is a great coverage move that can deal with Ghost- and Psychic-types and also cripples a lot of Pokemon, such as Golbat and Togetic, by removing their items. Mach Punch is a nice STAB priority move that can revenge kill a weakened Cobalion or Tyrantrum, and Sucker Punch can be used to surprise threats, such as Meloetta, Fletchinder, and Delphox, alongside Knock Off. Rapid Spin removes entry hazards from Hitmonlee's side of the field. Alternatively, Stone Edge can be used to hit Golbat, while Poison Jab is an option to hit Fairy-types, such as Aromatisse and Togetic, on the switch.

Set Details
========

With maximum Attack and Speed EVs, Hitmonlee hits hard and fast with the remaining 4 EVs put in Defense. An Adamant nature provides more power, specifically letting Hitmonlee always OHKO Druddigon and Escavalier, but Jolly can be used to outspeed Braviary, Kabutops, and Rotom-C, along with opposing Adamant Hitmonlee. Reckless powers up High Jump Kick and Life Orb lets Hitmonlee do more damage.

Usage Tips
========

Beware of using High Jump Kick if the opponent has a Ghost-type or may have Protect, as Hitmonlee will lose 50% of its health in these cases, though you can safely spam High Jump Kick if they don't. You should try to use Knock Off on Ghost-types and Protect users, though it can be easily spammed in general to remove items and hurt Ghost-types, especially considering Hitmonlee's checks, such as Golbat, rely on their items. Rapid Spin can be used to remove hazards when needed, and Hitmonlee can be saved to revenge kill some Pokemon, such as Swords Dance Cobalion, with its priority moves.

Team Options
========

Hitmonlee appreciates having entry hazard support because it forces a lot of switches, so Omastar, Accelgor, Crustle, and Qwilfish are nice teammates to have. Poison-types like Drapion and Steel-types such as Escavalier and Durant can be used to deal with Fairy-types such as Aromatisse and Togetic. Grass-types, such as Virizion and Tangrowth, can take on Alomomola, which can be a threatening check for Hitmonlee. Pokemon that appreciate having entry hazards removed by Hitmonlee's Rapid Spin are also nice teammates to have; some of these Pokemon include Fletchinder, Houndoom, and Mega Glalie.

[SET]
name: Choice Scarf
move 3: Stone Edge
move 4: Close Combat / Rapid Spin
item: Choice Scarf
nature: Jolly

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Hitmonlee hits really hard with Reckless High Jump Kick. Knock Off hits Ghost- and Psychic-types that don't care about High Jump Kick and can be used to revenge kill some of them, such as Delphox, or to remove Golbat's Eviolite on the switch. Stone Edge deals with Golbat, which doesn't care much about the other two moves. Close Combat can be used to late-game clean safely without risking High Jump Kick's chance to miss, and Rapid Spin can be used to remove entry hazards, though you won't want to get locked into it very often.

Set Details
========

Choice Scarf boosts Hitmonlee's average Speed and outspeeds some fast Pokemon, such as Delphox and even Jolteon, even with an Adamant nature, allowing it to perform really well as a revenge killer. Jolly is used over Adamant to outspeed Choice Scarf Braviary and Rotom-C, but the power given by an Adamant nature can be appreciated, too.

Usage Tips
========

This set lets Hitmonlee function as a revenge killer for threats such as Delphox and a late-game cleaner once the opposing team is weakened enough. Avoid using High Jump Kick if the opponent has a Ghost-type or may use Protect, as Hitmonlee will lose half of its HP along with a lot of momentum, so go with Knock Off if you predict a Ghost-type coming in. Also, don't use Rapid Spin unless you're facing something that Hitmonlee forces to switch out and the foe lacks a Ghost-type.

Team Options
========

Omastar, Accelgor, Crustle, and Qwilfish can provide Hitmonlee with the entry hazard support that takes its switch-forcing game to the next level. Psychic-types including Delphox and Meloetta can take on Poison-types such as Golbat as well as Aromatisse, though Drapion and Skuntank are immune to Psychic-type attacks, so having a Ground-type on your team such as Rhyperior that can take on those is also a good idea. Having wallbreakers such as Life Orb Druddigon and Exploud is also cool, as they weaken the opposing team, allowing Hitmonlee to late-game clean more reliably.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

Hitmonlee can run two Unburden sets; one takes advantage of Endure, Liechi Berry, and Reversal, and the second, albeit less useful, set uses Fake Out and a Normal Gem. Double-Edge can work well with Reckless to 2HKO Aromatisse and Amonguss after Stealth Rock, though the recoil wears down Hitmonlee too quickly. Earthquake hits some Poison-types such as Garbodor and Qwilfish, and Blaze Kick can be used for Amoonguss. Hitmonlee can also use a Choice Band, which lets it hit really hard; however, it won't be able to switch moves.

Checks and Counters
########

**Fighting-type Resistances**: Pokemon that can reliably tank Hitmonlee's STAB moves and other attacks include Qwilfish, Aromatisse, Togetic, Granbull, Amoonguss, and Garbodor. However, Ghost-types, such as Jellicent, and NFE Pokemon that hold Eviolite, such as Togetic and Golbat, all detest Knock Off; the latter also dislikes Stealth Rock.

**Protect Users**: Protect Users can Protect against a predicted High Jump Kick and cause Hitmonlee to lose half of its HP; Alomomola is a great Protect user.

**Faster Pokemon**: Faster Pokemon, especially physical attackers, can easily revenge kill Hitmonlee because of its low Defense stat, though they should be wary of its priority moves and Choice Scarf set.

**Spiritomb**: Spiritomb is immune to High Jump Kick, Mach Punch, Reversal, and Rapid Spin, and it doesn't care about Knock Off much; it also threatens Hitmonlee with Will-O-Wisp.

**Priority**: Priority attacks such as Fletchinder's Acrobatics can take down Hitmonlee easily because of its low Defense stat.

Last edited:

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I know this is just a WIP, but I'd definitely toss in double edge somewhere either in oo or moves, as its a really nice lure to the likes of aromatisse and golbat, 2hkoing both after sr. It sucks practically committing suicide tho lol

every other qc guy stinks. this is factual information

this may be an unpopular opinion, idk, but i think that double-edge should be the only other move slashed alongside spin, with edge n jab relegated to a lesser mention in moves. the blanket application of double edge is way nicer than either se or jab, who only target 2-3 pokemon each, and while, yes, this does wither away @ lee quite quickly, it's already the type of pokemon that would be playing in such a fashion anyway o_o lo, adamant double-edge allows it to push for 2hkos (after sr) on all poisons sans weezing and qwilfish (so amoonguss, garbodor, golbat, and the other two still take ~40% from one anywho) and aromatisse, in addition to dealing 75%+ to moltres. this also holds true with the scarf set, especially given how much more efficient double edge can clean in contrast to edge.

mention specifically that + spe lee is looking to outpace those base 80's whom are also utilizing a + spe nature, which isn't a given here. also, mention rotom-c amongst these, it's fairly important e_e golbat is a lee check, not a counter, also. just saw it in thing and thought i'd mention it haha.

pursuit support is nice w/reversal liechi for grabbing the necessary chip damage on fat psychics like reuniclus and cress, so mentioning drap / escavalier here might not hurt (they can also get that pursuit chip on aboma). i also used stuff like fire blast king and ebelt rotom-c to bait in aboma to remedy that hail issue, but that might be a touch too specific to be worth addressing here haha. something to consider, i guess.

for my peace of mind, i'd like the c&c section to not be as vague as it is rn; i trust that it would be expanded upon in write-up, but ech, this is barren-lookin, which concerns me. i'd separate it into 2 segments of fight resists: the resilient ones, such as fat poisons (amoonguss, qwilfish, garbodor, weezing), tomber, and aromatisse, then another for the somewhat shakier, such as golbat, reuniclus, and cress (golbat being sr and knock-weak, the latter two not loving knock and retaining that pursuit-weak). also, i'd address in brief the irritation caused by protect users here, since it'll come into play often enough with this 'mon

sorry to unload a bunch unto you haha. it is a fairly hefty analysis though, and you did a pretty solid job with it, so i wouldn't take it to heart or nothin'. plus, everyone else is just gonna make a superfluous nitpick and say it looks good now, haha

1/3

tehy

Banned deucer.
superfluous nitpick but you don't really have ghosts outside of Tomb anywhere (they're not really fight resists, though i guess you could've mentally lumped them in? immunity and 50% back on HJK is better than resisting it and taking like a lot of damage anyhow)

looks good tehy/tehyy

Updated it to fit the changes noted by 49, thanks a bunch!! However, I didn't include the lures part as they're too specific, but I'd like to hear what the other QC think of it.

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Mention Fletchinder as a Sucker Punch target

Mention that Jolly can miss out on some KOs. It has like 50% chance of KOing Escav and 60-70% of KOing Drudd, adamant always OHKOs.

In usage tips mention that Lee can be saved if priority is needed to revenge kill something, like SD Cobalion or something

For Scarf, I would like it if Jolly was the only nature, and then mention Adamant in set details but emphasize that it can't outspeed Rotom-C then. When I used it I fucking loved outspeeding and OHKOing Rotom-C with HJK.

In C&C make sure to mention that EQ + Sucker are good for 2HKOing Doublade on the switch, and mention why Fake Out Normal Gem isn't the optimal set.

Remove all Moltres mentions there are a lot :o

tell me when u do this!

If the first set has Rapid Spin as a slash, then mention that Pokemon that want entry hazards removed will pair well with Hitmonlee. Fletchinder, Mega Glalie, and Houndoom are good examples of teammates that would appreciate Rapid Spin support.

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Mention that Knock Off + Sucker Punch 2HKO Doublade (after SR I think?) which is important

In set details mention jolly also misses out on a lot of power in general :o

Crustle as a hazards setter in team options

Mention why CB isn't preferred (switching moves) over LO. Also add that Double-Edge can act as a catch-all move that hits both Aromatisse and Amoonguss hard; 2HKOing both of them after SR.

QC approved 3/3

I mean hitmonlee is a wallbreaker with Life Orb better than it is with a Choice Band so i rlly see no reason to mention that

tehy

Banned deucer.
amusingly gato said it was OK to placehold, stay hatin'

get chekt

So, i've been using Togetic quite a bit, mostly to wall Hitmonlee. It's well acknowledged to wall it for the most part, and it's even attained a higher viability rank than Golbat (only 1 subrank but still), i'd like a bit more attention on it in this analysis personally. Checks and counters especially could use more note of the following mons:

Doublade
Pelipper
Granbull
Weezing
Gourgeist-super
Scyther possibly

For the most part you just lumped in 'stuff that walls hitmonlee' basically into 1 section without elaboration and I think that's a crying shame, because that should be one of the most populated and elaborated sections. Also, some attackers that revenge Hitmonlee while not caring about its priority moves would be nice.

Also, we don't write Pokemon with the special é, and while i'm on the subject, Stealth Rock isn't a plural either, those are both simple mistakes i see fairly often so do try to avoid them.

in the second set's team options, you copy pasted a sentence;i just tried out one of my own, ideally you should supply your own as well. also in checks and counters, noted that faster attackers won't win vs choice scarf.
Overview
########

Hitmonlee has a big presence in RU thanks to its solid 120 Attack stat and accompanied by the great combination of Reckless + and High Jump Kick is so good, it also has as well as a bunch of cool moves such as including Knock Off and Rapid Spin.(add period) as a well as Hitmonlee also has another useful ability in Unburden along with two solid priority moves in Mach Punch and Sucker Punch,(ac) and a high Special Defense. However, Hitmonlee has a weird an average 87 Speed stat and low HP and Defense,(rc) high Special Defense however,(rc) and can be easily stopped by common Pokéemon such as Aromatisse, Golbat, and Amoongus.

Reckless
########

Moves
=======

High Jump Kick is Hitmonlee's best STAB moves,(ac) and it becomes even stronger thanks to the Reckless boost and Life Orb and lets it OHKO a lot of bulky Pokémon such as Escavalier OHKOing a lot of bulky Pokemon such as Escavalier thanks to Reckless and the Life Orb. Knock Off is a great coverage moves that can deal with Ghost- and Psychic-types and also cripples a lot of Pokemon Pokémon by removing their items,(ac) such as Doublade and Golbat,(ac) by removing their items. Mach Punch is a nice STAB priority that can be useful in various situations such as when revenge kill killing weakened stuff like a weakened Cobalion or Tyrantrum, on the other hand and Sucker Punch can be used to surprise threats such as Meloetta, Fletchinder, and Delphox off the bat and it's aso worth noting that a Knock Off + Sucker Punch 2HKO Doublade or 2HKO Doublade alongside Knock Off. The fourth moveslot is for Rapid Spin to remove removes entry hazards, while Stone Edge can be also used to hit Golbat, and Poison Jab is an option too to hit Fairy-types such as Aromatisse on the switch and hit Slurpuff in general.

Set Details
========

Maximum Attack and Speed EVs lets Hitmonlee hit hard and fast with the remaining 4 EVs put in Defense,(rc) Adamant is used for more power but Jolly can be used to outspeed 80 base Speed Pokémon such as Braviary and Kabutops as well as Rotom-C along with opposing Adamant Hitmonlee, however, this misses the chances of being able to always OHKO Druddigon and Escavalier and makes Hitmonlee slightly weaker in general. Reckless is the best ability on this set as it in order to (Whatever those 4 EVs are for). An Adamant nature confers more power, specifically letting Hitmonlee always OHKO Druddigon and Escavalier, but Jolly can be used to outspeed Braviary, Kabutops, and Rotom-C, along with opposing Adamant Hitmonlee. Reckless powers up High Jump Kick,(rc) and Life Orb is to let lets Hitmonlee do more damage.

Usage Tips
========

Beware of going with using High Jump Kick if the opponent has a Ghost-type or may have Protect, as you'll be losing 50% of your health in these cases, so though you better predict that and go with can safely spam High Jump Kick if they don't. You should try to use Knock Off which on Ghost-types and Protect users,(ac) and it can be easily spammed in any case to remove items and hurt Ghost-types,(ac) especially that since Hitmonlee's checks such as Golbat don't like having their items removed. If the opponents lacks a Ghost-type or potential Protect user than you can safely spam High Jump Kick appreciate their item. Rapid Spin can be used to remove hazards when needed.,(period to comma) and Hitmonlee can be saved to revenge kill some Pokemon using its priority moves such as Swords Dance Cobalion with its priority moves.

Team Options
========

Hitmonlee appreciates having hazards support as it forces a lot of switches, so Pokémon that can set up Stealth Rock and Spikes such as Omastar, Accelgor, Crustle, and Qwilfish are nice teammates to have. Poison-types such as Drapion and Steel-types such as Escavalier and Durant can be used to deal with Fairy-types like Aromatisse and Slurpuff. Grass-types such as Virizion and Tangrowth can take on Alomomola, which can be a threatening check for Hitmonlee. Assault Vest Slowking is a good teammate given how it can deal with Golbat,(ac) that can be really threatening which walls Hitmonlee. Pokemon that appreciate having entry hazards removed by Hitmonlee's Rapid Spin are also nice teammates to have,;(period to semicolon) some of these are Fletchinder, Houndoom, and Abomasnow.

Choice Scarf
########

Moves
========

Even though Hitmonlee isn't holding a LO in this set it still hits really hard hits really hard with Reckless High Jump Kick thanks to Reckless. Knock Off hits is for Ghost-types and Psychic-types that don't care about High Jump Kick and can be used to
revenge kill some of them, such as Delphox, it can be also used or to remove remove Golbat's Eviolite on the switch. Stone Edge is used to deals with Golbat,(ac) which doesn't care much about the other two moves. Close Combat can be used instead of High Jump Kick to late game clean safely without risking High Jump Kick's chance to miss, and Rapid Spin can be used instead of Close Combat to remove hazards, though however you won't want to get locked into it very often.

Set Details
========

Choice Scarf boosts Hitmonlee's average Speed and lets it outspeed some fast Pokéemon, such as Delphox and even Jolteon, even with the an Adamant nature, allowing it to prerform really well as a revenge killer. Jolly is used over Adamant to outspeed bast 80 Choice Scarfers such as Braviary and Rotom-C, but the power given by the an Adamant nature can be appreciated too.

Usage Tips
========

This set lets Hitmonlee function as a revenge killer for threats such as Delphox, however it can be still used as and a late-game cleaner once the opposing team is weakened enough. Avoid using High Jump Kick if the opponent has a Ghost-type or may use Protect, as you'll lose half of Hitmonlee's HP along with a lot of momentum, so go with Knock Off if you predict a Ghost-type coming in. Also, don't use Rapid Spin unless you're facing something that Hitmonlee forces to switch out, don't also use it if and the opponent still has foe lacks a Ghost-type around.

Team Options
========

Hitmonlee loves having some hazards support as it forces lots of switches, so Pokemon that can set up Stealth Rock and Spikes such as Omastar,(rc) Accelgor,(rc) Crustle,(ac) and Qwilfish are nice teammates to have Omastar,(ac) Accelgor,(ac) Crustle,(ac) and Qwilfish can provide Hitmonlee with the entry hazard support that takes its switch-forcing game to the next level. Psychic-types that include including Delphox and Meloetta can take on Poison-types such as Golbat and as well as Aromatisse, though however Dark/Poison-types such as Drapion and Skuntnank are immune to Psychic-type attacks,(ac) so having a Ground-type on your team like Rhyperior that can take on those is also a good idea. Having wallbreakers such as Life Orb Druddigon and Exploud is also cool, as they weaken the opposing team, allowing Hitmonlee to late -game clean more reliably.

Other Options
########

Hitmonlee can run two Unburden sets; one takes advantage of Endure, Liechi Berry, and Reversal, and the second, albeit less useful, set uses Fake Out and a Normal Gem. also has the ability to run the cool Unburden + Liechi Berry + Reversal set which can be also useful along with a Fake Out + Normal Gem however the latter is less useful. Hitmonlee also has a bunch of nice moves such as Double -(Dash, no space) Edge which can work well with Reckless to hurt some Pokémon such as 2HKO Aromatisse and Amoongus Amoongus being able to 2HKO both after rocks Amonguss after Stealth Rock, though the recoil faints Hitmonlee however it lets it die too quickly because of the recoil,. Earthquake for hits some Poison-types such as Garbodor and Qwilfish, and Blaze Kick can be used for Amoonguss. Hitmonlee can also use a Choice Band,(ac) which lets it hit really hard;(semicolon) however,(ac) you won't be able to switch moves.

Checks & Counters
########

**Fighting-type Resistances**: These Pokemon can reliably switch into tank Hitmonlee's Fighting STABs and tank them quite well along with its other attacks some of; these are include Qwilfish, Aromatisse, Amoonguss, and Garbodor.. However some of those resists ,(ac) Ghost-types such as Ghost-types like Jellicent, Psychic-types including like Cresselia and Reuniclus, and Golbat,(rc) all detest Knock Off; the latter also dislikes having rocks up Stealth Rock.

**Protect users**: These Pokemon are annoyinf or Hitmonlee as they can predict Protect Users can Protect a High Jump Kick coming and go for Protect causing cause Hitmonlee to lose half of its HP,;(period to semicolon) Alomomola is a great example is Alomomola Protect userr.

**Faster Pokemon**: These Faster Pokemon, especially the physical attackers, can easily revenge kill Hitmonlee because of its low Defense stat, though however they should be wary of Mach Punch its priority moves and Choice Scarf set.

**Spiritomb**: Spritiomb gets a special mention as its is immune to High Jump Kick, Mach Punch, Reversal, and Rapid Spin which are Hitmonlee's most common moves,(ac) and it doesn't care about Knock Off much,;(comma to semicolon) it can also threatens Hitmonlee with Will-oO-Wisp.

**Priority**: Priority attacks such as Fletchinder's Acrobatics can take down Hitmonlee easily because of its low Defense stat,(rc) one of these are Fletchinder's Acrobatics.

Last edited:

Empress

33% coffee / 33% alcohol / 34% estrogen
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Snobalt add
Snobalt remove
Snobalt comment

tehy add
tehy remove

Overview
########

[OVERVIEW]

Hitmonlee has a big presence in RU thanks to its solid 120 Attack stat and accompanied by the great combination of Reckless + and High Jump Kick is so good, it also has as well as a bunch of cool moves such as including ("such as" is fine) Knock Off and Rapid Spin.(add period) as a well as Hitmonlee also has another useful ability in Unburden along with two solid priority moves in Mach Punch and Sucker Punch,(ac) and a high Special Defense. However, Hitmonlee has a weird an average 87 Speed stat and low HP and Defense, (AC) meaning that it ,(rc) high Special Defense however,(rc) and can be easily stopped by common Pokéemon such as Aromatisse, Golbat, and Amoongus Amoonguss.
(remove line)

Reckless
########

[SET]

Moves
=======

High Jump Kick is Hitmonlee's best STAB moves,(ac) and it becomes even stronger thanks to the Reckless boost and Life Orb and lets it OHKO a lot of bulky Pokémon such as Escavalier OHKOing a lot of bulky Pokemon such as Escavalier thanks to the boosts from Reckless and the Life Orb. Knock Off is a great coverage moves move that can deal with Ghost- and Psychic-types and also cripples a lot of Pokemon Pokémon by removing their items,(ac) such as Doublade and Golbat,(ac) by removing their items. Mach Punch is a nice STAB priority move that can be useful in various situations such as when revenge kill killing weakened stuff like a weakened Cobalion or Tyrantrum, on the other hand and Sucker Punch can be used to surprise threats such as Meloetta, Fletchinder, and Delphox off the bat and it's aso worth noting that a Knock Off + Sucker Punch 2HKO Doublade or 2HKO Doublade alongside Knock Off. The fourth moveslot is for Rapid Spin to remove removes entry hazards from Hitmonlee's side of the field. (period) Alternatively, while (since Stone Edge and Poison Jab aren't slashed alongside Rapid Spin, I think the sentences should be broken up) Stone Edge can be also used to hit Golbat, and while Poison Jab is an option too to hit Fairy-types such as Aromatisse on the switch and hit Slurpuff in general.

Set Details
========

Maximum Attack and Speed EVs lets Hitmonlee hit hard and fast with the remaining 4 EVs put in Defense,(rc) Adamant is used for more power but Jolly can be used to outspeed 80 base Speed Pokémon such as Braviary and Kabutops as well as Rotom-C along with opposing Adamant Hitmonlee, however, this misses the chances of being able to always OHKO Druddigon and Escavalier and makes Hitmonlee slightly weaker in general. Reckless is the best ability on this set as it in order to (Whatever those 4 EVs are for). (Dude, they're 4 EVs. Yagura, don't bother mentioning the 4 Defense EVs.) An Adamant nature confers provides more power, specifically letting Hitmonlee always OHKO Druddigon and Escavalier, but Jolly can be used to outspeed Braviary, Kabutops, and Rotom-C, along with opposing Adamant Hitmonlee. Reckless powers up High Jump Kick,(rc) and Life Orb is to let lets Hitmonlee do more damage.

Usage Tips
========

Beware of going with using High Jump Kick if the opponent has a Ghost-type or may have Protect, (AC) as you'll be losing Hitmonlee will lose 50% of your health in these cases, so though you better predict that and go with can safely spam High Jump Kick if they don't. You should try to use Knock Off which on Ghost-types and Protect users,(ac) and though it can be easily spammed in any case in general to remove items and hurt Ghost-types,(ac) especially that since considering Hitmonlee's ("Hitmonlee's" is fine) checks such as Golbat don't like having their items removed. If the opponents lacks a Ghost-type or potential Protect user than you can safely spam High Jump Kick appreciate rely on their items. Rapid Spin can be used to remove hazards when needed.,(period to comma) (just remove the period; do not add a comma) and Hitmonlee can be saved to revenge kill some Pokemon using its priority moves such as Swords Dance Cobalion with its priority moves.

Team Options
========

Hitmonlee appreciates having hazards entry hazard support as because it forces a lot of switches, so Pokémon that can set up Stealth Rock and Spikes such as Omastar, Accelgor, Crustle, and Qwilfish are nice teammates to have. Poison-types such as Drapion and Steel-types such as Escavalier and Durant can be used to deal with Fairy-types like such as Aromatisse and Slurpuff. Grass-types such as Virizion and Tangrowth can take on Alomomola, (AC) which can be a threatening check for Hitmonlee. Assault Vest Slowking is a good teammate given how it can deal with Golbat,(ac) that can be really threatening which walls Hitmonlee. (Slowking is no more...) Pokemon that appreciate having entry hazards removed by Hitmonlee's Rapid Spin are also nice teammates to have,;(period to semicolon) some of these are Pokemon include Fletchinder, Houndoom, and Abomasnow Mega Glalie.

Choice Scarf
########

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Even though Hitmonlee isn't holding a LO in this set it still hits really hard hits really hard with Reckless High Jump Kick thanks to Reckless. Knock Off hits is for Ghost-types and Psychic-types that don't care about High Jump Kick and can be used to revenge kill some of them, (AC) such as Delphox, it can be also used or to remove remove Golbat's Eviolite on the switch. Stone Edge is used to deals with Golbat,(ac) which doesn't care much about the other two moves. Close Combat can be used instead of High Jump Kick to late-(AH)game clean safely without risking High Jump Kick's chance to miss, and Rapid Spin can be used instead of Close Combat to remove entry hazards, though however you won't want to get locked into it very often.

Set Details
========

Choice Scarf boosts Hitmonlee's average Speed and lets it outspeed some fast Pokéemon, such as Delphox and even Jolteon, even with the an Adamant nature, allowing it to prerform really well as a revenge killer. Jolly is used over Adamant to outspeed bast 80 Choice Scarfers such as Braviary and Rotom-C, but the power given by the an Adamant nature can be appreciated, (AC) too.

Usage Tips
========

This set lets Hitmonlee function as a revenge killer for threats such as Delphox, (RC) however it can be still used as and a late-game cleaner once the opposing team is weakened enough. Avoid using High Jump Kick if the opponent has a Ghost-type or may use Protect, (AC) as you'll Hitmonlee will lose half of Hitmonlee's its HP along with a lot of momentum, so go with Knock Off if you predict a Ghost-type coming in. Also, don't use Rapid Spin unless you're facing something that Hitmonlee forces to switch out, (RC) don't also use it if and the opponent still has foe lacks a Ghost-type around.

Team Options
========

Hitmonlee loves having some hazards support as it forces lots of switches, so Pokemon that can set up Stealth Rock and Spikes such as Omastar,(rc) Accelgor,(rc) Crustle,(ac) and Qwilfish are nice teammates to have Omastar,(ac) Accelgor,(ac) Crustle,(ac) and Qwilfish can provide Hitmonlee with the entry hazard support that takes its switch-forcing game to the next level. Psychic-types that include including Delphox and Meloetta can take on Poison-types such as Golbat and as well as Aromatisse, though however Dark/Poison-types such as Drapion and Skuntnank are immune to Psychic-type attacks,(ac) so having a Ground-type on your team like such as Rhyperior that can take on those is also a good idea. Having wallbreakers such as Life Orb Druddigon and Exploud is also cool, (AC) as they weaken the opposing team, (AC) allowing Hitmonlee to late(remove space)-game clean more reliably.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

Hitmonlee can run two Unburden sets; one takes advantage of Endure, Liechi Berry, and Reversal, and the second, albeit less useful, set uses Fake Out and a Normal Gem. also has the ability to run the cool Unburden + Liechi Berry + Reversal set which can be also useful along with a Fake Out + Normal Gem however the latter is less useful. Hitmonlee also has a bunch of nice moves such as Double -(Dash, no space) Edge which can work well with Reckless to hurt some Pokémon such as 2HKO Aromatisse and Amoongus being able to 2HKO both after rocks Amonguss after Stealth Rock, though the recoil faints wears down Hitmonlee however it lets it die too quickly because of the recoil,. Earthquake for hits some Poison-types such as Garbodor and Qwilfish, and Blaze Kick can be used for Amoonguss. Hitmonlee can also use a Choice Band,(ac) which lets it hit really hard;(semicolon) however,(ac) you it won't be able to switch moves.

Checks & Counters
########

**Fighting-type Resistances**: These Pokemon that can reliably switch into tank Hitmonlee's Fighting STABs STAB moves and tank them quite well along with its other attacks some of; these are include Qwilfish, Aromatisse, Amoonguss, and Garbodor.. However some of those resists ,(ac) Ghost-types such as Ghost-types like Jellicent, Psychic-types including like Cresselia and Reuniclus, and Golbat,(rc) all detest Knock Off; the latter also dislikes having rocks up Stealth Rock.

**Protect uUsers**: These Pokemon are annoyinf or Hitmonlee as they can predict Protect Users can use Protect against a predicted High Jump Kick coming and go for Protect causing cause Hitmonlee to lose half of its HP,;(period to semicolon) Alomomola is a great example is Alomomola Protect user.

**Faster Pokemon**: These Faster Pokemon, especially the physical attackers, can easily revenge kill Hitmonlee because of its low Defense stat, though however they should be wary of Mach Punch its priority moves and Choice Scarf set.

**Spiritomb**: Spiritiomb gets a special mention as its is immune to High Jump Kick, Mach Punch, Reversal, and Rapid Spin which are Hitmonlee's most common moves,(ac) and it doesn't care about Knock Off much,;(comma to semicolon) it can also threatens Hitmonlee with Will-oO-Wisp.

**Priority**: Priority attacks such as Fletchinder's Acrobatics can take down Hitmonlee easily because of its low Defense stat,(rc) one of these are Fletchinder's Acrobatics.

Good work for the most part tehy; you have earned yourself a stamp. Nonetheless, next time, be sure not to overlook minor details or make too many unnecessary changes.
GP 1/2

Last edited:
Just a suggestion but, Double-Edge should be slashed before Rapid Spin in the first set and slashed after Close Combat on the Scarf set and put rapid spin in set details (locking yourself into spin is just bad imo). Also mention Defog Flygon in team options if running DE.

atomicllamas

but then what's left of me?
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Yagura this needs to be updated for the new meta game, please remove mentions of Doublade Cresselia Slowking Whimsicott Abomasnow Heliolisk and Slurpuff, add in mentions of Flygon Noivern Scrafty and Togetic where necessary.

atomicllamas

but then what's left of me?
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I think you are missing [SET COMMENTS] for the first set. Reuniclus is mentioned in fighting type resist (remove please) and maybe mention Granbull and Togetic instead. Otherwise it looks pretty decent

Yonko7

Guns make you stupid. Duct tape makes you smart.
is a Contributor Alumnus

[OVERVIEW]

Hitmonlee has a big presence in RU thanks to its solid 120 Attack stat and the great combination of Reckless and High Jump Kick as well as a bunch of cool moves including Knock Off and Rapid Spin. Hitmonlee also has another useful ability in Unburden along with two solid priority moves in Mach Punch and Sucker Punch, and a high Special Defense. However, Hitmonlee has an average 87 Speed and low HP and Defense, meaning that it can be easily stopped by common Pokemon such as Aromatisse, Togetic, Golbat, and Amoonguss.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
=======

High Jump Kick is Hitmonlee's best STAB move, OHKOing a lot of bulky Pokemon, (AC) such as Escavalier, (AC) thanks to the boosts from Reckless and Life Orb. Knock Off is a great coverage move that can deal with Ghost- and Psychic-types and also cripples a lot of Pokemon, such as Golbat and Togetic, by removing their items. Mach Punch is a nice STAB priority move that can revenge kill a weakened Cobalion or Tyrantrum, and Sucker Punch can be used to surprise threats, (AC) such as Meloetta, Fletchinder, and Delphox, (AC) alongside Knock Off. Rapid Spin removes entry hazards from Hitmonlee's side of the field. Alternatively, Stone Edge can be used to hit Golbat, while Poison Jab is an option to hit Fairy-types, (AC) such as Aromatisse and Togetic, (AC) on the switch.

Set Details
========

MWith maximum Attack and Speed EVs let, (Changed it from passive to active) Hitmonlee hits hard and fast with the remaining 4 EVs put in Defense in order to (Whatever those 4 EVs are for) (Don't really need to mention why). An Adamant nature provides more power, specifically letting Hitmonlee always OHKO Druddigon and Escavalier, but Jolly can be used to outspeed Braviary, Kabutops, and Rotom-C, along with opposing Adamant Hitmonlee. Reckless powers up High Jump Kick and Life Orb lets Hitmonlee do more damage.

Usage Tips
========

Beware of using High Jump Kick if the opponent has a Ghost-type or may have Protect, as Hitmonlee will lose 50% of yourits (Hitmonlee loses the health, we don't :p) health in these cases, though you can safely spam High Jump Kick if they don't. You should try to use Knock Off on Ghost-types and Protect users, though it can be easily spammed in general to remove items and hurt Ghost-types, especially considering Hitmonlee's checks, (AC) such as Golbat, (AC) rely on their items. Rapid Spin can be used to remove hazards when needed, and Hitmonlee can be saved to revenge kill some Pokemon, (AC) such as Swords Dance Cobalion, (AC) with its priority moves.

Team Options
========

Hitmonlee appreciates having entry hazard support because it forces a lot of switches, so Omastar, Accelgor, Crustle, and Qwilfish are nice teammates to have. Poison-types such aslike Drapion and Steel-types such as Escavalier and Durant can be used to deal with Fairy-types such as Aromatisse and Togetic. Grass-types, (AC) such as Virizion and Tangrowth, (AC) can take on Alomomola, which can be a threatening check for Hitmonlee. Pokemon that appreciate having entry hazards removed by Hitmonlee's Rapid Spin are also nice teammates to have; some of these Pokemon include Fletchinder, Houndoom, and Mega Glalie.

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Hitmonlee hits really hard with Reckless High Jump Kick. Knock Off hits Ghost- and Psychic-types that don't care about High Jump Kick and can be used to revenge kill some of them, such as Delphox, or to remove Golbat's Eviolite on the switch. Stone Edge deals with Golbat, which doesn't care much about the other two moves. Close Combat can be used to late-game clean safely without risking High Jump Kick's chance to miss, and Rapid Spin can be used to remove entry hazards, though you won't want to get locked into it very often.

Set Details
========

Choice Scarf boosts Hitmonlee's average Speed and lets it outspeeds (passive to active) some fast Pokemon, such as Delphox and even Jolteon, even with an Adamant nature, allowing it to perform really well as a revenge killer. Jolly is used over Adamant to outspeed Choice Scarf Braviary and Rotom-C, but the power given by an Adamant nature can be appreciated, too.

Usage Tips
========

This set lets Hitmonlee function as a revenge killer for threats such as Delphox and a late-game cleaner once the opposing team is weakened enough. Avoid using High Jump Kick if the opponent has a Ghost-type or may use Protect, as Hitmonlee will lose half of its HP along with a lot of momentum, so go with Knock Off if you predict a Ghost-type coming in. Also, don't use Rapid Spin unless you're facing something that Hitmonlee forces to switch out and the foe lacks a Ghost-type.

Team Options
========

Omastar, Accelgor, Crustle, and Qwilfish can provide Hitmonlee with the entry hazard support that takes its switch-forcing game to the next level. Psychic-types including Delphox and Meloetta can take on Poison-types such as Golbat as well as Aromatisse, though Drapion and Skuntank are immune to Psychic-type attacks, so having a Ground-type on your team such as Rhyperior that can take on those is also a good idea. Having wallbreakers such as Life Orb Druddigon and Exploud is also cool, as they weaken the opposing team, allowing Hitmonlee to late-game clean more reliably.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

Hitmonlee can run two Unburden sets; one takes advantage of Endure, Liechi Berry, and Reversal, and the second, albeit less useful, set uses Fake Out and a Normal Gem. Double-Edge can work well with Reckless to 2HKO Aromatisse and Amonguss after Stealth Rock, though the recoil wears down Hitmonlee too quickly. Earthquake hits some Poison-types such as Garbodor and Qwilfish, and Blaze Kick can be used for Amoonguss. Hitmonlee can also use a Choice Band, which lets it hit really hard; (Space) however, it won't be able to switch moves.

Checks & and Counters
########

**Fighting-type Resistances**: Pokemon that can reliably tank Hitmonlee's STAB moves and other attacks include Qwilfish, Aromatisse, Togetic, Granbull, Amoonguss, and Garbodor. However, Ghost-types, such as Jellicent, (AC) and NFE Pokemon that hold Eviolite, (AC) such as Togetic and Golbat, (AC) all detest Knock Off; the latter also dislikes Stealth Rock.

**Protect Users**: Protect Users can Protect against a predicted High Jump Kick and cause Hitmonlee to lose half of its HP;(period to semicolon) Alomomola is a great Protect user.

**Faster Pokemon**: Faster Pokemon, especially physical attackers, can easily revenge kill Hitmonlee because of its low Defense stat, though they should be wary of its priority moves and Choice Scarf set.

**Spiritomb**: Spiritomb is immune to High Jump Kick, Mach Punch, Reversal, and Rapid Spin, and it doesn't care about Knock Off much; it also threatens Hitmonlee with Will-O-Wisp.

**Priority**: Priority attacks such as Fletchinder's Acrobatics can take down Hitmonlee easily because of its low Defense stat.

Good job Yagura !

GP 2/2

This is for QC, but maybe for team options maybe add having another strong fighting-type, like CB Gallade, to weaken the other team so Choice Scarf Lee can clean and for that double fighting-type offensive core to weaken Fairies and weaken resists, or a dark-type like Houndoom to trap Ghost-types.

Maybe add Limber into OO? Avoiding paralysis is useful sometimes I suppose

Last edited:

aVocado

@ Everstone
This is for QC, but maybe for usage add having another strong fighting-type, like CB Gallade, to weaken the other team so Choice Scarf Lee can clean and for that double fighting-type offensive core to weaken Fairies and weaken resists, or a dark-type like Houndoom to trap Ghost-types.

Maybe add Limber into OO? Avoiding paralysis is useful sometimes I suppose
The thing with double fighting is fine, but dark-types specifically for ghost types is kinda a stretch seeing how the only two relevant Ghosts left in the tier and Spiritomb, Banette (i guess), and Jellicent; the latter two should think twice before switching in thanks to Knock Off and Spiritomb lacks recovery and takes quite a bit from Knock Off + possible hazards, and I haven't done calcs but I assume it can't switch in twice on Lee with sr + knock off w/ LO.

I could see it being a problem for scarf and unburden though.

Also I'd have to say no to Limber, it's other two abilities are way too good and basically what makes Lee a threat, Limber kinda defeats the purpose.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)