Walrus Hitmon's 1337 Walrus

Hello everyone, and welcome to my Walrus.

For those who don't know, a Walrus is a totally biased completely "subjective" song competition, judged by yours truly. You will have to submit your best/favorite songs that match one of the ten categories below. I will judge these on a point scale, and the person who ends up on top is the "winner".

As for the scoring system, it will be a simple 0-10 scale, with no bonus points. Anyone who submits the same song as someone else will get the same score.

Our categories are as follows:

Pull My Strings -
Something that contains instruments found in a string orchestra (Violins, Violas, Cellos, and Basses).
Bit by Bit - Something that comes from a video game. This can be either the original song, or a remix. Include the name of the game along with (or instead of, if you can't find) the composer.
The Sun - A song with lyrics that are happy or inspirational. Something that makes you feel good about yourself.
The Reversed Sun - The exact opposite of the above category. Give me something with lyrics that are sorrowful or introspective. This is different from a morbid or horrifying song.
Change My Mind - I've always hated Country music. Thus, show me what actual, good music of this genre is.
  • I have no examples for this cat, since I don't listen to country. I'm sorry, but I don't have any.
Classic Music - Songs originally written before 1970. Provide the year as well with your submission.
Sticks and Trash Cans - Provide a song that has a prominant percussion line.
No Instruments Allowed - An a-capella song. Only voices and minor percussion are permitted.
Is Mayonnaise an Instrument? - Bring me a song using unorthodox instruments. Things like bike horns, trash cans, kazoos, spoons, anything you normally wouldn't hear in a song.
BYO - Your personal favorite. No limitations on this category, just bring me your best.

About Me:
I like most types of music (Yes, this includes things like Metal), except for Country, Screamo, and Modern Pop. I prefer songs with non-trashy lyrics (Basically, none of that shallow stuff about sex and breakups). Songs that have meaning in their lyrics are also highly preferred. Some of my favorite musicians are:
Billy Joel
Fleetwood Mac
Imagine Dragons
Kansas
Styx
Queen
Led Zeppelin
Black Sabbath
Bad Company
AC/DC
The Eagles
Michael Jackson
Twisted Sister

Thus, do not submit any music by these music artists. If you do, I will provide an automatic 0 for pandering.

I want to see variety in this. Don't just send in a bunch of rock, or dubstep, or jazz, or blues, etc. A good variety of music is preferable. I'm not going to enforce this, but I am going to request it.

If you have any questions, or if you aren't sure if a song fits, just ask.

Submission deadline is next Friday, August 4th, at 4 PM ET. August 8th, 4 PM EST

Last edited:
Signups:
  1. Eagle4
  2. KnightsOfCydonia
  3. RODAN
  4. Steven Snype
  5. Grannie Pie
  6. DLE
  7. Walrein
  8. Cancerous
  9. shubaka17
  10. Texas Cloverleaf
  11. ItsYaBoi1337
  12. Myzozoa
  13. Bluedoom
  14. Shubaka17
  15. VonFiedler
  16. Lord Gaius
  17. BLOODYRAIN10001
  18. Lightwolf
  19. MK007

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)