Move Hold Hands, Thousand Arrows, Thousand Waves

Status
Not open for further replies.
3 new pokemon moves were discovered by hackers in Pokemon X and Y earlier today! They also discovered Hoopa's ability (Magician), Volcanion's ability (Water Absorb), and their base stats! 80/110/60/150/130/70 for Hoopa and 80/110/120/130/90/70 for Volcanion.

The moves are;

Hold Hands
Normal Type
Special
Power:_
Accuracy:_
PP: 40
The user and an ally hold hands. This makes them very happy.

This move appears completely useless competitively.

Thousand Arrows
Ground Type
Physical
Power: 90
Accuracy: 100
PP: 10
This move also hits opposing Pokemon that are in the air. Those Pokemon are knocked down to the ground.

Depending on who recieves this, Rotom-W's viability could be in jeopardy...

Thousand Waves
Ground Type
Physical
The user attacks with a wave that crawls along the ground. Those hit can't flee from battle.

Not too sure on this one yet...

It is currently unknown what mons receive the moves, although Volcanion may (See below)
In the meantime, discuss! How will these moves affect the metagame? Will they increase or decrease the viability of any pokemon? What may their tiering be in the future??

download (1).png

Source: http://pokebeach.com/2014/04/three-new-moves-uncovered-in-xy-more-on-hoopa-volcanion

Last edited:
Thousand Arrows hit air born pokemon? Looks like all Rotom formes, Bronzong, Skarmory, etc better watch out based on who receives this move.

3 new pokemon moves were discovered by hackers in Pokemon X and Y earlier today! They also discovered Hoopa's ability (Magician), Volcanion's ability (Water Absorb), and their base stats! 80/110/60/150/130/70 for Hoopa and 80/110/120/130/90/70 for Volcanion.

The moves are;

Helping Hand
Normal Type
Special
Power:_
Accuracy:_
PP: 40
The user and an ally hold hands. This makes them very happy.

This move appears completely useless competitively.

Thousand Arrows
Ground Type
Physical
This move also hits opposing Pokemon that are in the air. Those Pokemon are knocked down to the ground.

Depending on who recieves this, Rotom-W's viability could be in jeopardy...

Thousand Waves
Ground Type
Physical
The user attacks with a wave that crawls along the ground. Those hit can't flee from battle.

Not too sure on this one yet...

It is currently unknown what mons receive the moves, although Volcanion may (See below)
In the meantime, discuss! How will these moves affect the metagame? Will they increase or decrease the viability of any pokemon? What may their tiering be in the future??

View attachment 12093
Source: http://pokebeach.com/2014/04/three-new-moves-uncovered-in-xy-more-on-hoopa-volcanion
I have a feeling those moves were all hacked onto volcanion. I doubt game freak would give volcanion so many signature moves and Light of Ruin will probably be for the special floette only. I have reason to believe that Zygarde's Land's Wrath somehow becomes these two moves when either holding a certain item or something weird like that. Land's Wrath has the same base power and PP as these two moves, so it makes sense in my mind.

Those moves were hacked onto Volcanion, as was the Master Ball & shininess, the RAM has been fully dumped & edited which explains the how. Light of Ruin kinda confirms that considering it's AZ Floette's signature move. It's kinda obvious too that they're both Zygarde moves, possibly for new formes for future games. This thread will get locked though, you should have probably checked the other one which is still on page 1.

The following is purely based on speculation.

The first things about the Thousand moves that I noticed were their similarities with Zygarde's signature move, Land's Wrath. They are all ground-type physical moves with 90 BP, 100 ACC, and 10 PP. Perhaps we'll see some sort of move mega evolution "move-transformation" that we've never seen before, or maybe I'm overanalyzing and they're new moves entirely.

Assuming Zygarde gets Thousand Arrows in some way or another, it will be a huge boost against the likes of Rotom, Thundurus, Talonflame, Zapdos, etc. Upon its release, HP-Ice on Rotom-W might see some usage purely to beat Zygarde. Even if Zygarde doesn't undergo the expected almighty transformation, gaining access to Thousand Arrows and Thousand Waves could see his viability skyrocket.

Vryheid

fudge jelly
except that Thousand Waves only will trap what it manages to hit, and since your opponent can switch beforehand to whatever counter they want it's really not much of a trap at all

unless there's some gimmick moveset that can easily make use of thousand waves I feel like it's totally and utterly outclassed by thousand arrows

Enguarde

I only play ADV UU
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
JS, it was alerted to me last night that assuming thousand arrows hits both levitating and flyibg types it has essentially perfect coverage in Ou aside from pinsir and breloom which is extremely scary. assuming this goes to zygarde its DD set will extremely hard to wallsince rotom and skarmory noe lose hard

If Zygarde indeed gets Thousand Arrows, it will become easily the best parashuffler, hands down (if it wasn't that already).

Glare allows it to paralyze everything but electric types, all of which would be hit by Thousand Arrows. Even things like Thundurus, Zapdos, etc would be hit super-effectively.

Then again, that's all just speculation.

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
Water absorb on Volcanion actually sounds ok defensively, I think.
So it's immune to water and 1/4 to fire.

---------------

I hate being stupid, but what is RAM dump?
They say they hacked these moves from RAM dump.

If Zygarde gets a boost similar to Kyurem when (if) it changes formes, plus Thousand Arrows, it'll be bye bye OU and hello Ubers for him I think. Thousand Arrows alone is scary enough, but if it were to get a boost on top of that it would just be deadly.

The following is purely based on speculation.

The first things about the Thousand moves that I noticed were their similarities with Zygarde's signature move, Land's Wrath. They are all ground-type physical moves with 90 BP, 100 ACC, and 10 PP. Perhaps we'll see some sort of move mega evolution "move-transformation" that we've never seen before, or maybe I'm overanalyzing and they're new moves entirely.

Assuming Zygarde gets Thousand Arrows in some way or another, it will be a huge boost against the likes of Rotom, Thundurus, Talonflame, Zapdos, etc. Upon its release, HP-Ice on Rotom-W might see some usage purely to beat Zygarde. Even if Zygarde doesn't undergo the expected almighty transformation, gaining access to Thousand Arrows and Thousand Waves could see his viability skyrocket.
Well I thought Keldeo becomes Keldeo-R with secret sword? So its not unheard of to have a pokemon change form with a special move

I thought Hold Hands is actually a copy of Helping Hand? That's not useless competitively, since we have a Doubles metagame right now.

As for the "Thousand" moves, Thousand Arrows is gonna be ridiculous. RIP Hackmon Wonder Guard Electric-types with Air Balloon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)