1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Hoppip (Rewrite)

Discussion in 'Uploaded Analyses' started by Fatecrashers, Feb 29, 2012.

1. Fatecrashers

Fatecrashers acta est fabula
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

ok the onsite hoppip analysis is terribad so here we go!

[​IMG]

[Overview]

<p>At first sight, Hoppip seems like a highly mutated strain of Oddish. At second sight, Hoppip seems like someone just dumped a bucket of pink paint on an Oddish. At third sight, Hoppip seems like a cheap Chinese-manufactured knockoff of the Kanto Oddish. No matter how you look at it, you're not getting past the fact that Hoppip looks like Oddish, so let's move on.</p>

[SET]
    name: Global Warming
    move 1: Encore
    move 2: Sleep Powder
    move 3: Sunny Day
    move 4: Memento / U-turn
    item: Heat Rock
    nature: Jolly
    ability: Chlorophyll
    evs: 236 HP / 36 Def / 196 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>The purpose of a lead in a Pokemon battle is to intimidate the other trainer and leave a streak in their undergarments that they won't soon forget. I have no idea why you'd want to use the cute innocuous Hoppip for this role, but just in case you do, Smogon's here to walk you through the stages. Start off with a little sprinkling of Sleep Powder, and then while the foe's snoozing, use Sunny Day to do your part to exacerbate global warming. That'll show those locavore idiots and their fancy schmancy herb gardens and homemade compost. By this time, Hoppip will have been carried away by a strong breeze and you'll be forced to forfeit the battle on the third turn in order to chase it back, but if by some miracle of weather your Hoppip is still by your side, feel free to use one of the remaining moves, though I don't recommend Memento since it's really confusing the first time you see it and you'll have to replay the battle at least twice to understand what actually happened.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>So apparently Hoppip's Chlorophyll ability gives it a massive boost in Speed under intense sunlight, which is good news for Hoppip but not so good for you, since if Hoppip floats away you'll be chasing a leafy pink balloon floating away at 30 Speed, whatever the hell that means. Hoppip is holding Heat Rock too, which means the rays lasts 60% longer, so be sure to slap on some sunscreen beforehand. You wouldn't want to get skin cancer like my Aunt Hilda. Yeah I know she has cancer and all but that woman is dreadful.</p>

<p>Hoppip is pretty much guaranteed to get its nuts toasted by an incoming Fire attack, so be sure to pack a Flash Fire Pokemon of your own, such as Growlithe, Ponyta, or Hondour to take that hit. Wait is Hoppip itself a nut? Or is it a fruit? Or maybe a vegetable? Oh great, now I'll be thinking about that for the rest of the day. Just greeeeeeaaaaaaaat.</p>

[SET]
    name: Shiatsu Massage Not Included
    move 2: Aromatherapy
    move 3: Sleep Powder / Leech Seed
    item: Eviolite

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Here's the plan: switch Hoppip in while the opposing Pokemon is picking its nose or something and Encore it, and while the opponent dies of embarrassment, feel free to throw a little Sleep Powder or Leech Seed their way to really mess with them. Now I'm normally someone who wouldn't shell out their hard-earned cash on this alternative medicine crap, but since Hoppip is your own Pokemon it's free of charge, so go ahead and treat the rest of your team to a little Aromatherapy. Be aware that after using Aromatherapy Hoppip has the tendency to float away again, so get those scents of lavender and rose petals out of your head and have those butterfly nets ready. Using U-turn is not recommended by any means; have you ever seen a Hoppip successfully parallel park? Me neither.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>This variation of Hoppip carries an Eviolite, and though you may think that means Hoppip becomes a little more bulkier and resilient for it, the truth is that Hoppip is still woefully weak. How weak you ask? Let's just say that if this Hoppip were a cup of coffee, you'd be asking for your money back! Yeah I know, I know, but it's not like Rodney Dangerfield ever said anything about Hoppips. I tell ya, I get no respect.</p>

<p>If you don't want your Hoppip to become a fresh plate of grilled salad, then I'd recommend that you pack on your team a Flash Fire Pokemon such as Growlithe, Ponyta, or Hondour to absorb the inevitable inferno. Also be aware that Hoppip's Aromatherapy may attract hippies if used in one of those neighborhoods where they are likely to congregate, so packing a Dark-type, such as Scraggy or Stunky, to handle them is recommended.</p>

[SET]
    name: Parry, Parry, Thrust
    move 1: Swords Dance
    move 2: Acrobatics
    move 3: Protect / Synthesis
    move 4: Seed Bomb
    item: Flying Gem
    evs: 36 HP / 196 Atk / 36 Def / 36 SpD / 196 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>As dangerous as it sounds, Hoppip can actually pull off a Swords Dance if you give it the right equipment, but I'd still dull the edges of the blades first, just to be safe. Seed Bomb and Acrobatics are Hoppip's reliable STABs, with Acrobatics hitting especially hard in conjunction with Flying Gem; it's not like Hoppip will be able to up and join Cirque Du Soleil any time soon, but still, you get a good show. Protect and Synthesis are there because Hoppip has no other moves worth using. I suppose you could use Splash in that slot to get a whole splash/dance/acrobatics combo going to showcase Hoppip's performance talents, but that would be rather silly wouldn't it? That's almost as silly as using Hoppip itself.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>Sunlight is a necessity in order for this set to work. Without intense sunshine, Hoppip will get outsped and maimed by many Pokemon, sun-dried tomatoes wouldn't exist, and Jessica Alba wouldn't look nearly as good as she does now. It is really is quite scary if you think about it. Also in some cases Hoppip may refuse to perform unless Aram Khachaturian's Sabre Dance is playing, so be prepared to lug around a boombox all day if you are using this set.</p>

<p>It's quite possible that sometime in the distant future, our lexicon will evolve to the point where Hoppip becomes a byword for kindling, but for now, just make sure that you have some Flash Fire Pokemon, such as Growlithe, Ponyta, or Houndour to neutralize the impending incineration. This Hoppip tends to switch in and out a lot, so be sure to have a Rapid Spinner such as Staryu handy to remove the Stealth Rock that Hoppip dreads so much. What? No, lexicon is not a new Pokemon, what the hell are you thinking?</p>

[Other Options]

<p>Fully evolve your Hoppip into a Jumpluff, and then trade that for a Whimsicott.</p>

[Checks and Counters]

<p>Any changes in the weather will be a major threat to Hoppip, whether it be the loss of precious sunlight, or a gusty northeasterly that blows Hoppip all the way to Reykjavik, so studying the weather forecasts, learning the wind patterns, and familiarizing yourself with the intricacies of barometric pressure will all be essential for defeating Hoppip. Or, you know, Hoppip's weak to Ice, so you could always chuck your trenta iced coffee with extra soy at it. That should work.</p>
  2. iss

iss happily ever after
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

I have no idea if joke amazing analyses are allowed or not but this is brilliant.

[​IMG]

Quality Control Approved (1/2)
  3. (makeup)

(makeup) kevin
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

iss I don't think this is a joke analysis. These are good sets and might actually work if you're really lucky!

good analysis
  4. Aerrow

Aerrow hunter
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Approved.
  5. NatGeo

NatGeo kauai
    is a Contributor Alumnus

c/p (open)

[Overview]

<p>At first sight, Hoppip seems like a highly mutated strain of Oddish. At second sight, Hoppip seems like someone just dumped a bucket of pink paint on an Oddish. At third sight, Hoppip seems like a cheap Chinese-manufactured knock-off of the Kanto Oddish. No matter how you look at it, you're not getting past the fact that Hoppip looks like Oddish, so let's move on.</p>

[SET]
    name: Global Warming
    move 2: Sleep Powder
    move 3: Sunny Day
    item: Heat Rock

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>The purpose of a lead in a Pokemon battle is to intimidate the other trainer and leave a streak in their undergarments that they won't soon forget. I have no idea why you'd want to use the cute innocuous Hoppip for this role, but just in case you do, Smogon's here to walk you through the stages. Start off with a little sprinkling of Sleep Powder, and then while the foe's snoozing, use Sunny Day to do your part to exacerbate global warming. That'll show those locavore idiots and their fancy schmancy herb gardens and homemade compost. By this time Hoppip will have been carried away by a strong breeze and you'll be forced to forfeit the battle on the third turn in order to chase it back, but if by some miracle of weather your Hoppip is still by your side then feel free to use one of the remaining moves, though I don't recommend Memento since it's really confusing the first time you see it and you'll have to replay the battle at least twice to understand what actually happened.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>So apparently Hoppip's Chlorophyll ability gives it a massive boost in Speed under intense sunlight, which is good news for Hoppip but not so good for you, since if Hoppip floats away you'll be chasing a leafy pink balloon floating away at 30 Speed, whatever the hell that means. Hoppip is holding Heat Rock too which means the rays lasts 60% longer, so be sure to slap on some sunscreen beforehand. You wouldn't want to get skin cancer like my Aunt Hilda. Yeah I know she has cancer and all but that woman is dreadful.</p>

<p>Hoppip is pretty much guaranteed to get its nuts toasted by an incoming Fire attack, so be sure to pack a Flash Fire Pokemon of your own, such as Growlithe, Ponyta, or Hondour to take that hit. Wait is Hoppip itself a nut? Or is it a fruit? Or maybe a vegetable? Oh great, now I'll be thinking about that for the rest of the day. Just greeeeeeaaaaaaaat.</p>

[SET]
    name: Shiatsu Massage Not Included
    move 2: Aromatherapy
    move 3: Sleep Powder / Leech Seed
    item: Eviolite

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Here's the plan: switch Hoppip in while the opposing Pokemon is like picking its nose or something and Encore it, and while the opponent dies of embarassment, feel free to throw a little Sleep Powder or Leech Seed to really mess with them. Now I'm normally someone who wouldn't shell out their hard-earned cash on this alternative medicine crap, but since Hoppip is your own Pokemon it's free of charge, so go ahead and treat the rest of your team to a little Aromatherapy. Be aware that after using Aromatherapy Hoppip has the tendency to float away again, so get those scents of lavender and rose petals out of your head and have those butterfly nets ready. Using U-turn is not recommended by any means, have you ever seen a Hoppip successfully parallel park? Me neither.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>This variation of Hoppip carries an Eviolite, and though you may think that means Hoppip becomes a little more bulkier and resilient for it, the truth is that Hoppip is still woefully weak. How weak you ask? Let's just say that if this Hoppip were a cup of coffee, you'd be asking for your money back! Yeah I know, I know, but it's not like Rodney Dangerfield ever said anything about Hoppips. I tell ya, I get no respect.</p>

<p>If you don't want your Hoppip to become a fresh plate of grilled salad, then I'd recommend that you pack on your team a Flash Fire Pokemon such as Growlithe, Ponyta, or Hondour to absorb the inevitable inferno. Also be aware that Hoppip's Aromatherapy may attract hippies if used in one of those neighbourhoods where they are likely to congregate, so packing a Dark-type, such as Scraggy or Stunky, to handle them is recommended.</p>

[SET]
    name: Parry, Parry, Thrust
    move 1: Swords Dance
    move 2: Acrobatics
    move 3: Protect / Synthesis
    move 4: Seed Bomb
    item: Flying Gem
    evs: 36 HP / 196 Atk / 36 Def / 36 SpD / 196 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>As dangerous as it sounds, Hoppip can actually pull off a Swords Dance if you give it the right equipment, but I'd still dull the edges of the blades first, just to be safe. Seed Bomb and Acrobatics are Hoppip's reliable STABs, with Acrobatics hitting especially hard in conjunction with Flying Gem; it's not like Hoppip will be able to up and join Cirque Du Soleil any time soon, but still, you get a good show. Protect and Synthesis are there because Hoppip has no other moves worth using. I suppose you could use Splash in that slot to get a whole splash/dance/acrobatics combo going to showcase Hoppip's performance talents, but that would be rather silly wouldn't it? That's almost as silly as using Hoppip itself.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>Sunlight is a necessity in order for this set to work. Without intense sunshine, Hoppip will get outsped and maimed by many Pokemon, sun-dried tomatoes wouldn't exist, and Jessica Alba wouldn't look nearly as good as she does now. It is really is quite scary if you think about it. Also in some cases Hoppip may refuse to perform unless Aram Khachaturian's Sabre Dance is playing, so be prepared to lug around a boombox all day if you are using this set.</p>

<p>It's quite possible that sometime in the distant future, our lexicon will evolve to the point where Hoppip becomes a byword for kindling, but for now, just make sure that you have some Flash Fire Pokemon, such as Growlithe, Ponyta, or Houndour to neutralize the impending incineration. This Hoppip tends to switch in and out a lot, so be sure to have a Rapid Spinner such as Staryu handy to remove the Stealth Rock that Hoppip dreads so much. What? No, lexicon is not a new Pokemon, what the hell are you thinking?</p>

[Other Options]

<p>Fully evolve your Hoppip into a Jumpluff, and then trade that for a Whimsicott.</p>

[Checks and Counters]

<p>Any changes in the weather will be a major threat to Hoppip, whether it be the loss of precious sunlight, or a gusty northeasterly that blows Hoppip all the way to Reykjavik, so studying the weather forecasts, learning the wind patterns, and familiarizing yourself with the intricacies of barometric pressure will all be essential for defeating Hoppip. Or, you know, Hoppip's weak to Ice, so you could always chuck your trenta iced coffee with extra soy at it. That should work.</p>

GP 1/2
  6. Engineer Pikachu

Engineer Pikachu Good morning, you bastards!
    is a Contributor to Smogon

add remove embarrassing spelling mistakes because australian english =/= american english
    [​IMG]

GP [2/2]

can't stop laughing T_T
  7. Elevator Music

Elevator Music
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Site Staff Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

T_T is right....

(uploading??)
  8. Elevator Music

Elevator Music
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Site Staff Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

yea vader will probably hate this but it's cute so whatever

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)