ORAS NU Hot A$$ Burrito (peaked #1)

the team that will make your opponent feel like they just ate a spicy a$$ burrito

Hey guys, this is my first ever RMT, an NU team I created for the Magneton suspect test. I haven't played NU since the Mega Steelix meta, but when I heard that Magneton, as well as a few others, were back, I decided to give it a shot. I didnt think I would have as much success with this team as I did, but I managed to top the ladder with a pretty good ranking, and have been itching to do a RMT, so I figured I would showcase this team for others to use if they want.

proof of peak:
IMG_1222.JPG

anyway, lets get on with the team.

Gurdurr @ Eviolite
Ability: Guts
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Mach Punch

To start the team off I began with my favorite setup sweeper, Gurdurr. This thing is ridiculously bulky, can setup on a plethora of pokemon, reliable recovery in the form of STAB, STAB priority, and great coverage with Knock Off to hit things its STABs cant touch, like Mesprit, Uxie, Mismagius, and several others. This is my go-to sweeper, and it rarely fails at what it does, since it does it so well.

Liepard @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Nasty Plot
- Encore
- Copycat

Next up, the secondary sweeper, Liepard. Liepard is the polar opposite of Gurdurr: Fast, frail, and good at taking on Ghost and Psychic types that Gurdurr can't. Liepard creates fantastic synergy with Gurdurr, and can be a deadly sweeper in its own right. It's main goal is to Encore things like Stealth Rock, Calm Minds, even Psychic attacks. From there, it sets up and is practically unstoppable once it hits a +2 Dark Pulse, as Copycat even gives it priority to dodge things like scarfers, as well as Fletchinder's Acrobatics, Samurott's Aqua Jet, etc. Make sure last 4 are in special defense or defense, not HP, for a good life orb number.

Mesprit @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Zen Headbutt
-U-turn
-Fire Punch
-Healing Wish

Next up I have Mesprit, another fantastic Pokemon for all intents and purposes. This thing is dangerous on the sole fact that opponents typically don't know what set I am, and it catches a lot of people off guard by surprise. This thing has a fantastic moveset with great coverage, STAB, and momentum. I mainly chose physical to make U-turn more worthwhile, and adamant just hits so hard. Finally, Healing Wish is the icing on the cake, as it allows me a second chance, and often lategame sweeps if Liepard or Gurdurr have been worn down too much.

Vileplume @ Leftovers
Ability: Effect Spore
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Calm Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sleep Powder
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis

To start off the defensive core, we have specially defensive Vileplume. Physically defensive is often regarded as better, but I like to have the element of surprise. People send in their special attackers to try to take me on, just to find out they can't damage me. Other than that, the moveset is standard, with 4 speed to creep other Vileplume. It's fantastic at taking on Water-types, and other than that is just an excellent pokemon overall.

Stunfisk @ Leftovers
Ability: Static
EVs: 248 HP / 120 Def / 120 SpD / 20 SpA
Modest Nature
- Discharge
- Earth Power
- Scald
- Stealth Rock

Next up in the defensive core we have Stunfisk. Originally I put this on my team to counter Magneton, but it happens to be really good at other things too. This thing has insane bulk, and almost never dies in a single hit, securing rocks for almost every game. It also forms great defensive synergy with Vileplume. Other than that, it takes on other threats such as Fletchinder that could harm Gurdurr and Vileplume. It also hits people with static when they least expect it, and coupled with Vileplume's Effect Spore, it gets irritating for the opponent pretty fast. Double STAB, with Scald for filler in case I get a rare burn, though Toxic is a pretty good replacement if you don't think you need Scald. Spread is pretty random for mixed bulk, any suggestions on that would be fantastic.

Samurott @ Life Orb
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 ATK / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Aqua Jet
- Hidden Power Fire

Finally, we have Samurott. I was debating on what the last slot on this team should be, and stumbled across this thing. Specially biased mixed Life Orb, pretty hard hitter. Can be extremely deadly when in Torrent range with Hydro Pump. Other than that, priority in Aqua Jet is always useful, and good coverage with Ice Beam. Finally, Hidden Power Fire makes for a pretty good Ferroseed lure, and tbh, I didn't know what else to put in there.

And that's it! Thanks for reading guys, hopefully you find this team helpful if you're struggling to get reqs for the current suspect test. All and any suggestions would be extremely appreciated, especially EVs on certain pokemon that you might find suit them better.

REPLAYS:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/nususpecttest-236981197 vs Flannery Da Bae
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/nususpecttest-237132977 vs Luck O' The Irish (great game showcasing how good spdef vileplume really is)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/nususpecttest-237239933 vs Touhoumon Lord (Liepard is awesome)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/nususpecttest-237138918 vs Kiyo (great example of how clutch Mesprit can be)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/nususpecttest-237316380 vs Winter's Howl (Gurdurr doing work)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/nususpecttest-236977595 vs HJAD (Gurdurr again)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/nususpecttest-237321868 vs NUsucksbutw/e (Liepard sweep)

IMPORTABLE:

Gurdurr @ Eviolite
Ability: Guts
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Bulk Up
- Knock Off
- Mach Punch

Mesprit @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Healing Wish
- Fire Punch
- Zen Headbutt
- U-turn

Vileplume @ Leftovers
Ability: Effect Spore
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Calm Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sleep Powder
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis

Stunfisk @ Leftovers
Ability: Static
EVs: 248 HP / 120 Def / 20 SpA / 120 SpD
Modest Nature
- Discharge
- Earth Power
- Scald
- Stealth Rock

Liepard @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Nasty Plot
- Encore
- Copycat

Samurott @ Life Orb
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Aqua Jet
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Last edited:
hey bro!

Nice team you have here. I can remember my gurdurr getting crit a few times by your gurdurr! Haha, fun games though, very hax filled fsr whenever I played you. Onto the team, and I really like how offensive it yes, yet really strong synergetically meaning its really quite difficult to break down, despite the mons not being all together extremely strong.

One thing I wanted to bring to your attention is a core that im really liking at the minute and I'm sure you will do: the gurdurr / sneasel core is an offensive core that breaks down each others checks via force. Gurdurrs main checks are psychic mons like mesprit, sneasel traps those with a banded pursuit or threatens the rest of team with banded knock off. It means overall, your team will be less susceptible to maybe a u-turn scarf mes as well as making your team that bit more threatening offensively. So my main suggested change is Banded Pursuit Sneasel > Liepard. Don't get me wrong, Liepard is cool, but its not an s rank threat like sneasel, nor does it currently have the capabilities to run pursuit and trap the psychics that annoy Gurdurr.

Apart from this, and running Knock Off > Fire Punch on Mesprit, your team seems pretty strong, but weak to Kabutops, you have a few checks so it shouldn't be too big a deal though. I would also run Taunt > Aqua Jet on Samurott. With no hazards control is a big risk, Taunt will give you some pseudo hazards control but samurott is likely to take the hit in the process, but its better than nothing.

Sneasel @ Choice Band
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Pursuit

Cool team, hope we get to play sometime in the future! (With some less hax ofc ^.^)
yours in mons,
~HJAD

Blast

Member of the Alien Nation
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Gurdurr / NP Liepard / Physical Scarf Mesprit / SpD Vileplume / Stunfisk / Special Samurott

Hey Water Drone, nice team and congrats on your peak. I think HJAD's suggestion of Sneasel is a good idea and I would definitely recommend trying it out, in addition to Pursuit support it's also useful to give you an immediately threatening physical attacker and a soft Ice resist. Taunt on Samurott is probably fine too, but I wouldn't replace Aqua Jet--it's pretty necessary right now since it's the only thing you have to hit Fletchinder for a lot after an SD, which looks pretty annoying because your only other reliable check is Stunfisk. I'd drop HP Fire if anything because Taunt Samurott can still deal with Ferro even without it.

I also don't think you should bother with Modest on Stunfisk, you kinda want to salvage its bulk because it doesn't have any recovery. I think the spread itself is fine but I'd shift to Calm or Bold (the former provides a better check to Magneton while the latter helps with stuff like Scyther and Klinklang). Scald doesn't really seem too useful on it either because stuff that switches into Stunfisk usually aren't as bothered by burns as other status, so I'd try either Toxic or Yawn in that spot.

I can't see the Gallade meta being too kind to this team, but Pursuit Sneasel can still keep it on its toes decently well. Cool team, hope I helped and hopefully Gallade isn't too hard on you!

hi water drone

I like the use of the psychic/fighting/dark core, its a really effective core in today's meta. blast and hjad have covered up p much everything that needs to be said, I definitely agree with keeping jet on samu, as its p much your only way to revenge archeops which is a p big threat to your team. i'd probably go with a more efficient spread on Stunfisk of 252 HP / 128 Def / 132 SpDef as (straight from the analysis) it "lets Stunfisk survive an Analytic Hidden Power Ground from Magneton followed by a regular Hidden Power Ground, and the rest is dumped into Defense to be able to check the likes of Archeops and take U-Turns from Scyther better"

I'd also maybe try going with SD Samurott > AOA Samurott since it provides you with a backup win condition, a way to revenge chops reliably, and synergizes really well with HW support. Also Jolly Rott can outpace fletch which allows you to revenge it with Jet which is p cool. Megahorn can also handle Malamar better since rn you lack an answer to it outside of U-turn from Mesprit which can be incredibly unreliable since you can't safely switch in without risking your scarf.

cool team, hope I helped!

: 252 HP / 128 HP / 132 SpDef

Samurott @ Mystic Water | Torrent
252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe | Jolly
Swords Dance | Waterfall | Aqua Jet | Megahorn

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)