ORAS OU Hot chicks, men, and a rotom

So, I took a break from playing competitive pokémon awhile ago do to lack of interest, not really knowing what kind of team I wanted to build, and Showdown's teambuilder being extremely laggy on this computer for some reason. A couple days ago my friend started bugging me to get pokémon online since he has it on his phone and so I did, looked to see what we had to use, and decided to build a team to use on there when bored. It could use some help though, lol. It needs something and I'm really not sure what, though I think I know what needs to be replaced.

Gothitelle (F) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Shadow Tag
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
IVs: 30 HP / 30 Def
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Psychic
- Trick
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]

I had actually been interested in running a Gothitelle for awhile but never did do to always using Gardevoir, my favorite pokémon and mega. Now that there's a new mega that I like and want to use, I can finally try out the Goth! She's alright. Traps and kills stuff like Venasaur and Slowbro which is important for my Mega. Sometimes I goof up though and end up sacing her or she either doesn't have the power to do her job or can't live long enough to do her job. I ran across a Rest using Gothitelle that I want to try but have no idea how to build her, lol. Gothy is a pokémo that I'd like to keep but could see going.

Lopunny (F) @ Lopunnite
Shiny: Yes
Trait: Limber
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- High Jump Kick
- Return
- Ice Punch
- Fake Out

Lopunny is one of my favorite pokémon from 4th gen. I just found her really interesting and was sad that her stats weren't quite there for all the things she could do. While her Mega by no means goes in the direction that I would have wanted, being able to spam High Jump kick without a care in the world is neat in it's own right. She's one of the safest 'mons to Mega evolve thanks to Fake Out and her speed and powerful stabs means she wrecks face the majority of the time. Ice Punch is for Ice weak things though I would like to try power up punch in that slot or something.

Landorus-T (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge

My physical wall and stealth rock setter. The majority of the time, this dude can switch into any physical attacker, laugh, and do whatever it pleases. Unfortunately, it can't safely switch into Metagross do to his ability negating intimidate and his mega carrying a stupid strong ice punch and other crap that I really, really don't like. Either way, Landy does his job the majority of the time. I just gotta watch out for a couple of annoying 'mons.

Sylveon (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Pixilate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Hyper Voice
- Wish
- Heal Bell
- Protect

My special wall. I know the standard is to pump up her physical defense, but I wanted something that could laugh at the majority of special attacks since I already had something that could laugh at the majority of physical attacks. The only major downside to sylvy is that psyshock, Gengar, and Heatran are things that Sylvy doesn't wanna laugh at. All things considered, it's awesome switching her into a special attack and watch her HP bar barely move, lol. She does a fine job I think.

Rotom-W @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Volt Switch
- Trick
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt

I hate rotom with every fiber of my being. That said, I wanted an electric and water type and Rotom sadly fits the bill. Rotom-W makes an excellent scarfer and is my go to lead. His hydro pump hits like a truck and has gotten me several KOs. Rotom does his job just as well as you'd expect, though I seriously can't stand him.

Heatran (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 Spd
IVs: 30 HP / 30 Def
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Ice]

This 'mon is what I'd like to call fairy hate, lol. Dat fully invested Fire Blast hurts like you wouldn't believe. Even resists switch in and are chunked (standard bellydrum Azumarill takes 42-50% from Fire Blast, for example ) That said, this is the one pokémon that I'm not sure fits and think needs a replacing. It's just to easy to play around and stuff. I mean, it has done it's job, being fairy hate and just tearing everything it hits a new one, but... I just don't know if I'm feeling it.

So, yeah. That's the team. What? Threats? Um... Bulky Megas seem to be a pain in my experience, Especially Mega Metagross who can go die in a fire. I'm not really sure what else threatens me at the moment though, lol. Oh! Banded Dragonite tore me a new one the one time I went against one. That one's probably a threat to, lol.

Pics come from Google images, 'cause I dunno where else to go really.

cool team but rotom-w Isnt useful this gen considering that its one of the best pivot mons in the tier being able to check bird spam, shutting down set up sweepers and gaining momentum by going for volt switch. Heatran is your next mon that checks birdspam Id just put Scarf Heatran over your set and instead of mega loppuny I would put Mega gyara just because it benefits well from goth trapping skarm and ferro. Your team by itself gets 6-0d by Mega Slowbro which SubDD mega gyara sets up on also sets up on crocune, tran,mandibuzz and other mons that dont come to me. You kinda need a mon that beats bisharp now since you have two mons with intimidate. The team already gets destroyed by azu their arent too many switch ins to that mon but Lead breloom is an optional mon to fit in that slot but the best option would just be putting in Max Defense rotom to beat Swine and other threats. Also Clefable should be on the team instead of sylveon it can prevent set up sweepers like dragonite for example.

Team Changes

Gyarados @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Substitute

Heatran @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 Def
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Flash Cannon
- Stone Edge

Breloom @ Focus Sash
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Bullet Seed
- Spore
- Mach Punch
- Rock Tomb

Gothitelle @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Psyshock
- Thunderbolt
- Trick

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Moonblast
- Heal Bell

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge
Scarf Goth lets you beat keld and gengar, 4 speed on clef and lando let you outspeed opposing landos and clefs. Breloom is a pretty cool lead that beats azu and sharp jolly of course to outspeed base 80s.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)