How Rare is it to see these used

Introduction
Hey smogonites. I have started playing with the RU tier a lot more often now and this is a team that has served me quite well but has issues with RU stall and or hazers and such. It peaked with a rank of 37 although it could have gone higher ( i mean it let me explain) i was ranked 37 and i decided to be done for the night and when i woke up the next morning apparently someone decided to use my name and sucked really badly because when i woke up i was ranked 1019. So first off let this be a lesson to always use a password. Anyways im trying to build up again but i am having issues with stall teams and hazers. This team is sort of a hyper offense where it has many set up options that can be abused.According to the smogon usage statistics it has 1 pokemon in the top ten, 2 in the top 15, 3 in the top 25, 4 in the top 35, 5 in the top 45, and 6 in the top 80 (big jump i know) so without further ado here is my Rarely used team

At a Glance:

In Depth

Claydol @ Leftovers Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 132 Def / 124 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
- Psychic

Ok first off let me just explain that this team has no definite lead or a common lead it all depends on what the opponent is using. I just decided to list this guy first because i felt like it. So this is my rapid spinner. Pretty dang good at it because it is immune to spikes, and toxic spikes, and resists stealth rocks. Has issues with steel types though because psychic doesnt hit them very hard and they cant be poisoned. Overall i feel like he is pretty useless on my team. The only thing he is doing is rapid spinning and stealth rocking. He isn't pulling his fair share on the team and i am open to any suggestions for a replacement. The good thing about this guy though is that he is my one and only fighting resistor. Could use some help on replacements for that but it isn't too big a focus as there arent many fighting types in this tier that are used but im stilll lookin for some help.

He can be Kod very easily and he is easy to setup on. He also has no counters to those guys who setup like yanmega, gorebyss, venomoth, etc. they all can get some boosts in and then proceed to do what they want with me because he is just too easy to setup on. I could use some help figuring out how to either make him a more efficient poke on my team or finding a new poke who serves this role and is more efficient then he is because he just is not making the cut.

He has great synergy with krookodile, absol, and miltank as they ll have a big fighting weakness. however he has bad synergy with absol and krookodile for the fact that they share a common bug weakness. And in this tier there are bugs EVERYWHERE so having half your team weak to bug is not a really good thing to be doing as all the bugs used are also extremely fast. He has some good synergy with entei as he makes up a ground immunity. He also has some good synergy with gorebyss in the electric immunity as well. Still very easy to KO as many people make a counter to him in their team.

Krookodile (M) @ Expert Belt
Trait: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Crunch
- Rock Slide
- Dragon Claw

Now i know what you are saying right off the bat change expert belt to a choice scarf but i found that i can get a good shell smash passed too him very easily from gorebyss. He then outspeeds almsot everything that is scarfed and has an immediate + 2 in his attack and can sweep with moxie powering him up with every KO. I ran max speed though because if i dont get a speed boost i still want him to be able to outspeed quite a lot of things. His moves provide him with neutral coverage on i believe everything. I will be honest though i am not too sure why i have dragon claw as there arent many dragons at all in this tier so i could use some help with that moveset.

He gets good coverage and can get a lot of KOs in my team. He is one of my four setup sweepers in this team. Having so many setup sweepers is very fun to do because if you manage to get one setup and your opponent wastes like 3-4 guys taking it down then you still have 3 others who can setup and take out the rest of their team. He works well with most of the guys but i am open to suggestions on all of my pokes because this is my first ever RU team so help is much appreciated.

His biggest weaknesses are yanmega, the electric bug guy (cant remember his name) and sceptile. Those guys really piss this guy off because they outspeed and proceed to KO him with what they want. He has a hard time facing a lot of those types of guys and also loses to sharpedo as well. He also has issues with the bulk of rotom as if krook does outspeed it then they are bulky enough to survive and KO with leaf storm (Rotom-C is the most common in this tier)

Gorebyss (M) @ White Herb
Trait: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Spd
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Baton Pass
- Ice Beam
- Surf
- Shell Smash

This guy is my second setup sweeper (if you call krookodile my first but that requires this guy to setup first then pass the boosts off to him) anyways this guy can get a shell smash up very easily and the thing that pisses this guy off are those nasty hazers, and whirlwinders/roarers. He has pretty good coverage with ice beam and surf but he still loses to yanmega in a fight with ice beam because it doesnt OHKO it. White herb is pretty standard as it gets rid of his negative boosts which is always nice to have bu i am thinking about leftovers/focus sash here as well.

Not much too say about this guy he has good synergy with krookodile as he resists its water weakness and krook is immune to this guys electric weakness but they both share a grass type weakness (grrr sceptile) so that is a pretty serious problem this team has as well.

Absol (M) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Super Luck
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
- Swords Dance
- Superpower
- Sucker Punch
- Night Slash

Let me just say this guy is very underrated in this tier. with focus sash he can almost always get a boost off unless he comes in on stealth rocks and such plus with the STAB boost he has a 120 baase power priority move as well as night slash which if i am correct has like a 33.3% chance of a critical (if he had scope lense i believe it would be at 50%) However i am not sure about this math it is just something i saw on a critical hit ratio page on pokemon. Superpower is there for things like honchcrow, and other dark/rock/steels/normal types who dare to interfere with absol. He has decent speed though and so that is why i suspect he isnt used more but he still is a very effective pokemon and is the third setup sweeper on my team. Plus focus sash works even better that the only weather available is hail and that isnt commonly used in this tier or atleast not for me because i have done about 40 battles and i have only seen one hail team but he still is an effective pokemon.

Not much too say he is a lot like krookodile only with less coverage and such. Doesn't have moxie but with his critical hit rate on night slash i am fine without having moxie. He also is one of the two priority users on my team and having priority is always useful to have on any team.

Miltank (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Scrappy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Curse
- Heal Bell
- Milk Drink
- Body Slam

FEAR THE COW. This guy is the one pokemon on the team who i will not change. I am open to movesets but i will not change the pokemon itself. This guy can come in when all hope is lost and when he is all alone he will destroy whatever you have left. He can outlast life orb aggron, life orb rhyperior basically if the pokemon is a physical attacker miltank will win no matter what as long as there arent hazards. He also beats cresselia to a little pulp. He curses at you until he is at + 6 in att and def and then proceeds to sit on you with its fat cow body (which really hurts) it laughs at those who try to slowly weaken it becaus eit can just toughen its bones up with milk drink and if you try to poison his milk he has a nifty little bell that heals him immediately. He laughs at ghosts who try to force a switch and he can sit on them with his body too because of scrappy. Overall my favorite pokemon in the tier and i will not be changing him but i am open to different movessets

Entei @ Choice Band
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
- Flare Blitz
- Stone Edge
- ExtremeSpeed
- Toxic

This is the one sweeper on my team who does not need to setup. I will be honest though he just isn't pulling his weight. He gets kod far too easily and i just feel like he doesnt hit certain thing shard enough. He is easily beat and i am open to suggestions for him as with claydol. Not much to say except that he gets beat by any water type or thing with an eviolite overall he is decent but not drop dead amazing like my cow. So this is the last poke on my team again i don't really have much to say about him he just isn't working on my team.

Closing statement
Anyways that is my team and it has served me pretty well. I hope that during the testing it can serve you well also and give you an insight to its weaknesses because there are some things that just arent working for me. Anyways please rate nicely and no rude comments even if the rate itself isn't positive you still dont have to be a jerk about it. If you want you can look at the threatlist below if not just go ahead and rate. Thanks in advanced

Threatlist [COMING SOON]
Offensive Threats:
Yanmega-
Honchkrow-
Sharpedo-
Venomoth-
Porygon-Z-
Entei-
Rhyperior-
Gallade-
Alakazam-
Durant-
Moltres-
Electivire-
Galvantula-
Sceptile-
Krookodile-
Manectric-
Lilligant-
Drapion-
Gorebyss-
Primeape-
Typhlosion-
Omastar-
Rotom-C-
Poliwrath-
Scyther-
Medicham-
Scolipede-
Hariyama-
Snover (Hail)-
Qwilfish-
Feraligatr-

Defensive Threats:
Cresselia-
Blastoise-
Rhyperior-
Claydol-
Moltres-
Uxie-
Clefable-
Gligar-
Umbreon-
Ferroseed-
Dusknoir-
Quagsire-
Cofagrigus-
Gastrodon-
Drapion-
Steelix-
Mandibuzz-
Poliwrath-
Aggron-
Miltank-
Tangela-
Weezing-
Hariyama-
Snover (Hail)-
Amoonguss-
Qwilfish-

Hi there! I feel your team is nice and all but as a first suggestion you must change the thread name in a fashion it can include the "(RU)" nomenclature so your team can get more rates, he he...

You must also change Entei's nature from Jolly to Adamant as Flare Blitz and Extremespeed are event only moves...

Well, team wise i want to share with you some crazy ideas that can help you and i really want to. First i can tell your Claydol moveset is nice but a little inefficient, so i would test one with Earth Power\Ice Beam or Toxic\SR\Rapid Spin, with that set you have a better super effective coverage and help you to "fight back" opposite Claydol, Torkoal (duh!) and some other things, but maybe that's situational.

If you aren't satisfied with Claydol's performance you can use the "RU Donphan" called Sandslash! He is another poke that can learn both SR and Rapid Spin and has a nice utility move in Knock Off or can be a potential menace to opposite Claydol and Cresselia with Swords Dance and X-Scissor. Sandslash is in fact my personal spinner and physical wall with this set:

Sandslash@Leftovers\Impish\Sand Veil
248 HP\100 Att\160 Def
Earthquake
Knock Off
Rapid Spin
SR

248 HP EV's result in a leftovers number +1 (323 HP Stat) and you can feel free to transfer the Att EV's to Def but you'll lose a nice boost in firepower.

If you give Sandslash a spot in your team you can drop Absol (or Krookodile, but i find him more useful...) for Gallade, as he has nice bulk and resistance to Fighting-type moves and can retaliate with a STAB Psycho Cut or CC to grab a swift KO. He can also be a stallbreaker with Lum Berry and Drain Punch and have priority in the form of Shadow Sneak... I don't provide a set as I'm not accustomed to use him, he he!

As i cited before in another RMT you can consider to run Substitute in Gorebyss as you have no way to protect her (and her recipients) against priority and status afflictions on the switch (which can lead you to waste or sacrifice a sweeper) so think if that can be useful.

And as a final note try to switch Krookodile item to Life Orb, as the power boost is always welcomed and with Moxie active he can sweep all the opposition before he dies from recoil.

Well, sorry for the text wall... Thanks for your patience and gl!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)