1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

How Smogon Is Ruled by an Evil Tyrant and What We Must Do

Discussion in 'Smogon's Greatest Hits' started by ls, Dec 28, 2005.

1. ls

ls
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnus

Tyrants are ubiquitous in history. Under their oppressive rule, creativity is stifled, not to mention liberty. Excising them has always proved a difficult and divisive task. There are those who, preferring the safety of conformity and predictability, little mind the loss of freedom. And yet, there are those, of whose number I am proudly one, who say "no!" to dictators and totalitarianism. Having thrown off the yoke of King George, why do we now settle under one just as awful as he? Why do we now forget the noble prinicples of America? I do not pretend to know. All that I know is this: "chaos" as he is known on the internet must be deposed. Not simply for the sake of freedom, but also puppies, which he eats.

Some, the less informed or at least the less intelligent among my comrades, may ask what evil deeds chaos has committed to earn the moniker of tyrant. I have assembled a list of grievances that I hope will assuage not only the doubts of the stupid, but also reenforce the beliefs of the wise.

1. He has refused to recognize the artistic merits of teh, liek, and 1337 speak. Potentially hilarious posts have been pre-empted by the strict and all-too-discerning "tastes" of chaos.

2. He has refused to grant ggfan a fair hearing. It may be difficult to hear, my friends, but he is right! Smogon's current incarnation is the devil. Or, more accurately, it is the hell by which and through which the devil (chaos, aka Satan) acts! Be not deaf to the sweet prescience of the prophet, ggfan. He will dispel your illusions.

3. He has established a constant state of trolling. Innocent Christian sites, exciting Dragonball Z sites, and others have felt the poison of chaos's tongue. Serebii.net most notably has endured, time and again, the supposedly light-hearted, but actually malicious, rantings of a lunatic bent on power and probably PCP.

4. He has seen fit to lie about his true nature, that is, his whiteness. Perhaps "Our Dear Leader" thought that he could evoke some pity or affirmative action. And what did we do? We proved him right. No longer! Lies are lies. Why do we allow the scoundrel to benefit?

5. Mentioned before, but really, he has ignored ggfan. That is just evil.

And so on. Fascist policies, more reminiscent of Mussolini than the kind rule of the now scorned and mocked (what, because of a penchant for Pokemon sex? How is that in the least strange?) FlareonAtma, run rampant. Are we to sit and take this, because we think that we must? We have seen the Messiah! We have seen ggfan. All of the geniuses were laughed at, and so has he. But now it is time we pay attention. Otherwise, perhaps chaos will be allowed to eat more puppies. Act now, Pokemon compatriots! Let the beautiful maiden of my signature guide you to revolution!
  2. Aeolus

Aeolus Bag
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

An essay I wrote on Tyranny:

To delve deeply into tyranny is an exciting adventure. In depth analysis of tyranny can be an enriching experience. While much has been written on its influence on contemporary living, its influence on western cinema has not been given proper recognition. The juxtapositioning of tyranny with fundamental economic, social and political strategic conflict draws criticism from the aristocracy, who are likely to form a major stronghold in the inevitable battle for hearts and minds. Complex though it is I shall now attempt to provide an exaustive report on tyranny and its numerous 'industries'.

Social Factors

There is cultural and institutional interdependence between members of any community. When The Tygers of Pan Tang sang 'It's lonely at the top. Everybody's trying to do you in' [1] , they was clearly refering to the impact of tyranny on today's society. While the western world use a knife and fork, the Chinese use chopsticks. Of course tyranny raises the question 'why?'. Recent thought on tyranny has been a real eye-opener for society from young to old. It is intrinsically linked to adolescent inner acclimatisation.

Political Factors

Posturing as concerned patriarchs, many politicians guide the electorate herd to the inevitable cattle shed of 'equal opportunity.' Comparing tyranny and much of what has been written of it can be like comparing tyranny and former Wolves striker Steve Bull. Take a moment to consider the words of award winning journalist Francis Shandy 'consciousness complicates a myriad of progressions.' [2] One cannot help but agree when faced with tyranny, that this highlights an important issue. Both spectacular failure and unequaled political accomplishment may be accredited to tyranny. Is tyranny politically correct, in every sense? Each man, woman and to a lesser extent, child, must make up their own mind.

Conclusion

In my opinion tyranny has a special place in the heart of mankind. It inspires, influences the influencers, and never hides. As a parting shot here are the words of super-star Beyonce Beckham: 'My Daddy loved tyranny and his Daddy loved tyranny.' [3]

This essay was written by me and only by me.

[​IMG]
  3. Steelicks

Steelicks Come here and Battle me!
    is a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

I must step up and do something about this... this fiend. But do I have the necessary courage, strength, or... heart... to counter such a foe?

I cannot do it alone. Stand by me, friends. I will lead us all to freedom!
  4. HairScare

HairScare
    is a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnus

It's sad to hear that chaos is addicted to PCP after spending countless days in detox and rehabilitation camp for his love of PHP. I just hope that he beats that like he beat his addiction to PHP.

Also, this thread needs more :tumbleweed:
  5. Aeolus

Aeolus Bag
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

Hmm, Gomez, you obliterated my post completely and replaced it with your own. Nice.
  6. Raikage

Raikage

The time is right. We must ally wiht dark charley's empire, so that we may throw off the brutal yoke of tyranny.
  7. RicepigeonKKM

RicepigeonKKM Wait, who?
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Points for pointing out GGFan's stupidity and pointless rants yet again. Kudos to you, ls.
  8. Jack Sparrow

Jack Sparrow
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus

So where do I sign up for teh anti-chaos army?
  9. cloud

cloud groove, slam, work it back, filter that baby, bump
    is a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnus

you dont sign up anywhere you noob chaos will crush u like he crushes tin cans with his head and i'll be there watching because chaos is a good guy
  10. psychup2034

psychup2034

lol cloud, ggfan is awesome

owned.

--- Psych
  11. Arkeis

Arkeis (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ (formerly aragornbird)
    is an Artistis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Shhh...don't tell him how I'm secretly drawing plans for our anti-chaos machine....

It's gonna be big...;)
  12. BH

BH

«5:50:58» <chris> bh
    «5:51:01» <chris> now thats a class act
  13. Neutral777

Neutral777

WAIT WAIT WAIT..

chaos is white?!?
  14. psychup2034

psychup2034

15. Vineon

Vineon Fleurdelysé
    is a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

thank you cornelius

for saying out loud what everyone silently thinks
  16. zfs

zfs Everything old is new again
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus
    Mentor

Soon, the zionist empire will rise, and ALL gentiles will be crushed, including chaos and excluding darck charley, because I know that one day he will be somebody and make Firebot.
  17. Explodus

Explodus

Why the hell do you want to crush genitals?

EDIT: Ohhhh....
  18. Doomsday

Doomsday
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

..I only live here
  19. havoc

havoc pottlepalooza
    is a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

I am posting to voice my support of CFickle. DA TYRANNY OF CRAMER MUST BE STOPPED. POKEMON PLAYERS UNITE!
  20. Kikuichimonji

Kikuichimonji

I'm going to be weird and say that there was something like this about N-man on Marble Palace at least a hundred years ago and it was significantly better in the sense of having more references to Adolf Hitler.
  21. 0rz

0rz

There is no amount of ...s that can represent what I'm thinking.

22. cook

cook
    is a Past WCoP Winner

guys we have new topic icons! SCIZORS AND TENTACRUELS! COOL!
  23. Jack Sparrow

Jack Sparrow
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus

Let us rally under LS and overthrow the tyrant that is chaos!
  24. Hipmonlee

Hipmonlee Have a rice day
    is a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winner

You forgot his greatest sin..

He thinks that Heartbreaker is a better song than Come Together.

Have a nice day.
  25. Ilpalazzo

Ilpalazzo

Is anyone else laughing as they read/reading this topic?

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)