How To Become Pro At Chaining

Lorak

*leekspin*
is an Artist Alumnus
I have a question about the shiny patch appearance formula. After 40, since the formula starts producing negative numbers, does the chance cap at 0.5% or does the chance actually go down as the chain goes on?
It caps at X ≥ 40.

Thanks for posting this, it's really helpful. And now I know why my Buizel chains keep breaking on Buizels! :D (Valley Windworks, as I now realize, is really crappy for chaining, because almost the entire 4 area is on edges)

I've only been able to get up to the teens/twenties for the most part until now, though once I got up to 39 and was going for that magic 40 when, of course, my chain broke. D:
So here's hoping that, armed with this new knowledge, I'll finally be able to get something out of the hours of chaining!

I broke my chain on something I thought would be perfectly fine
4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4
4 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 4
4 3 2 2 2 2 2 3 4
4 3 2 1 1 1 2 3 4
4 3 2 1 Y 1 2 3 4
4 3 2 1 1 1 2 3 4
4 3 2 2 2 2 2 3 4
4 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 4
4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4 4

... wierd isnt it? I dont think I broke any of the rules.

PokeRadar is pissing me off... aren't PokeRadar pokemon supposed to appear in patches that flash once? I'm trying to get Bagons and when I walk into a flashing patch I'll find a goddamned Bidoof or Swablu

OH FUCK YOU SWABLU
And I'm not in the middle of a chain btw, I can't even get one started on Bagon

Often-times there isn't even a flashing patch, so I reset the radar. I don't understand though... does the flashing patch have to be 4 patches away? Are Pokeradar pokemon not in the flashing patches? Help pl0x!

PokeRadar is pissing me off... aren't PokeRadar pokemon supposed to appear in patches that flash once? I'm trying to get Bagons and when I walk into a flashing patch I'll find a goddamned Bidoof or Swablu

And I'm not in the middle of a chain btw, I can't even get one started on Bagon

Often-times there isn't even a flashing patch, so I reset the radar. I don't understand though... does the flashing patch have to be 4 patches away? Are Pokeradar pokemon not in the flashing patches? Help pl0x!
You're not guaranteed to get a Pokeradar by stepping into a flashing patch; you merely have a chance (usually a small number such as 10-12% or sometimes even less) to find them in there, as opposed to having zero chance of finding them in regular, non-flashing patches. For instance, Bagon only has a 12% chance of appearing in flashing patches on Route 210 - North; the other 88% of the time you'll find whatever you normally would.

First I would like to thank you guys for the patch-arrays you posted here! I knew I was doing something wrong, my chains kept breaking after 25ish, the (4) times I did go over 40 were pure dumb-luck and most of my shinys I caught were dumb0luck too. XP

Diesel: I don't know the answer to your question, but I might know where you can find your answer - room-hacking forums. The guys who modify games might have cracked the pokemon/patch distribution system. My educated guess is that there is a percentage of chance for the pkm being on the 1, 3, 4 or 4-away and this percentage is tied to the patch-array/ patch position (as in (x,y) coordinates).

Now I would like to add my 2 cents.
1st - It's a good idea to have copy the patch-arrays in an old notebook or in a few sheets of that special paper that has squares (instead of lines) all over it - dunno how you guys call it, English is my 2nd language and i have problems with specific vocabulary.

2nd - This is what made my chains go from 8ish to 25ish. Us girls have this thing called eye-liner, they come is all shapes, but there is this one that looks just like a regular pencil; since that have to draw line on human skin, the tip is really soft. I used one to draw a line between the 3-away and the 4-away radius so I can spot right away all the 4-away patches and whenever I want the screen to go back to it's pristine state, all it takes is a very gentle scrubbing with a Q-tip or a little ball of cotton and maybe a demaquilant if it's cold (or a drop of regullar cooking oil - the stuff the eye-liners are made off are all oil based). This one probably made you guys get huge anime-like sweatdrops, but hey, it works! *~*''

hey .. does the nature of a pokemon really helps? like a timid pikachu .. will I really notice a difference in its speed?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)