How to clone Pokemon in Emerald version

Don't blame other people for your inability to follow directions. Glen's directions specifically told you to withdraw the pokemon. not switch it for something, and it said nothing about depositing any pokemon. Obviously if you do something that wasn't listed in the directions you will have an unlisted result as well.

God Damnit! I just lost my kadabra! You have to make sure you dont put a pokemon in that empty box or it will be overwritten.

Aw, not a Kadabra! I hope the pain doesn't sting too much....

I put a sudowoodo in box 14, then saved, switched with kadabra, and then kadabra was gone, and replaced by a cloned sudowoodo. Grrr you should have put that in the first page!

What exactly did you do? You put Kadabra in box 14, put Sudowoodo into box 14 as well, then took out Kadabra? It's a glitch in the glitch, and it's happened to me. The Kadabra data was replaced by Sudowoodo data.

Completing my Emerald at the moment to do some cloning fun. A little question is: I was watching a couple of vids of poeple doing it on youtube, and there was the occasional "time based events wont work anymore".

If you follow the exact instructions on the first page here, that will not happen will it?

Thanks for the info ^^.

You won't get any "Time based events will no longer happen." messages from doing the cloning glitch. Were the movies on youtube showing the gameboy playing the game? If the movie was the game taking up the whole screen, it's probably safe to say that they were using a rom.

If you're not playing the rom, then it shouldn't happen to you for a long time when the carts lose the ability to keep their memory in 20 some years.
But by then everyone will be playing the 9th generation of pokemon games 3 handhelds after the DS.
(Directed at Toby.)

You have to be really careful when you do this glitch. You could lose some EV trained pokemon. I lost an Espeon with awesome IVs. A 15 in defense was its lowest. Just make sure that you put the pokemon you're cloning in an empty slot. Don't switch it with something else or you'll lose it.

One more thing. It's always a good thing to create 2-4 backups of your good pokemon incase something happens to your game. Also have a backup of a fully EV trained pokemon that hasn't reached level 100 yet so you can bring it to Diamond/Pearl and adjust its EVs and moveset accordingly.

I love the cloning glitch, it will help people with out event pokemon or that cant seem to get the exclusives because they dont have the games.

Cloning Glitch is Awesome!! It will most defienitly destroy The Balance of pokemon in D/P due to Wifi. But who cares.

This will be a very off-topic question but, is downloading netbattle going to cost anything ? :P

downloading netbattle is free
you dont have to put it in an empty box, i tried with a box filled with pokemon and it works too

skarm said it costs 15.00$, or wa he just kidding

And yes you dont need to just put them in a empty box, you can put them in filled ones two.

I just did a far better version of this, not sure if anyone else discovered it yet.
1) Save in front of the PC with only one pokemon in your party
2) Deposit items with Move Items
3) Save
4) Bag items with Move Items
5) Withdraw five pokemon
6) go to the lady and etc.

Five cloned pokemon, however many items

I'm on a Japanese version of Emerald trying this glitch but I've been having no luck. I've heard it said on SPP that the glitch works on Japanese versions, can anyone confirm that? I've tried multiple times, positive I've followed the steps precisely but no luck at all.

This needs to be edited into the first post, I think

1) Save in front of the computer
2) Save in front of the computer a second time
3) Open the computer and withdraw five pokemon
4) Exit the computer, go to the lady on the right, enter two pokemon, the glitch (skip) occurs, reset
5) You now have five pokemon in your party, five in the PC

EDIT:
THIS WORKS FOR ITEMS AS WELL1
1) Deposit items with move items
2) Close the computer
3) Save in front of the computer
4) Save in front of the computer a second time
5) Bag items with move items
6) Close the computer, go to the lady, blah blah, reset
7) Repeat this again WITHOUT depositing again (rare candy farm endlessly I think so!!)

does this work on uk version? i tried it but it didnt work... perhaps i did it wrong somehow. ps im from finnland so i might have got it wrong.

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
I'm on a Japanese version of Emerald trying this glitch but I've been having no luck. I've heard it said on SPP that the glitch works on Japanese versions, can anyone confirm that? I've tried multiple times, positive I've followed the steps precisely but no luck at all.
My Emerald is Japanese and I confirm this works very well

Finally, something the Psydragon is good at. Just to clarify, here are all the steps to make sure it works perfectly:

1.Save in front of the battle tower pc

2.Deposit up to 5 pokemon you want to clone into any box, it doesn't matter if there is other pokemon in it

3.Save again

4.Withdraw the same exact pokemon

5.Talk to the link battle lady and choose the CHALLENGE option

6.Choose OPEN LEVEL

7.now choose any two able pokemon you want to battle
(since legendaries can't be chosen you must always do this cloning glitch with at least two non-legend poke's, and it is OK to pick the pokemon you are trying to clone for the battle.)

8.Choose yes for the save option

Now here comes the part nobody seems to do which is why it screws up all the time-

9. After you choose yes to save there will be a one second pause but this is not when you turn off your game!!!

10. She will ask you one more time if you want to save, choose YES

11.Then she will say "There is already a saved file. Is it okay to overwrite it?" Wait for the dialog box to pop up with the YES and NO option to appear and after it does(not before) then you turn your game off.

If this doesn't work for you then you can't follow directions and you should give up and go play Yu-Gi-Oh instead !!!

you can clone lots of items with this trick.

1. Place the item you want to clone on to any pokemon.
2. Clone said pokemon as many times as you like(i just do one box full)
3. Save the game in front of the PC.
4. Goto move items and bag all the items from all the ones you cloned.
5. Without moving any pokemon or withdrawing or depositing goto the lady and talk to her as if you are trying to clone a pokemon and turn off at the same time you would with a pokemon. If succces full you would have, lets say 30 rare candies in you bag and there will still be 30 rare candies in the pokemon in the box. know that you have a box full of rare candies you can clone lots of 30 every time, way faster then cloning 5 pokemon at a time to get items.

I would advise caution when using a glitch like this. there was one just like it way back in g/s/c and as fun as having 15 mewtwos was, the data on all of the cloned pokemon began to degrade or something, because all that would appear on their stats were ??????????????. my save file was never corrupted, but the data of all of my other pokemon started to become affected as long as they were in a box with clones. moral of the story, ill pass on cloning this time around, especially if my diamond version would be at risk.

I wish I would of known this glitch a long time ago with my Shiny Rayquaza...

Well, anyway, I've mastered this glitch....Once I turned of the game half a second before the yes or no with saving came up, but it was fine, and I had still gotten the clones...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)