How to make a bulky dragon better: OU team rate

+1 eq on rhyperior:103.77% - 122.10%
always outsped and ohkoed
+1 outrage on swampert:94.51% - 111.22%
not the best counter as pert will have taken some damage during its time as a lead.

now cress is a good counter, but it will have trouble switching in on anything thats not eq, as +1 outrage does62.16% - 73.20% on a 252/252 bold cresselia.

cress hits for 80.12% - 94.28% with ice beam, so salamence has already killed two pokemon before cresselia can switch in and ko for sure.

Cress is probobly the best mence counter-scarfgar with hp ice, but its not a good counter by far.
majority of salamences are now mixmences
so let's look at them, with the standard new mixmence's ev's these are the following outcomes on cresselia:

Draco Meteor: 341 Atk vs 296 Def & 444 HP (140 Base Power): 226 - 267 (50.90% - 60.14%)

Outrage: 327 Atk vs 372 Def & 444 HP (120 Base Power): 148 - 175 (33.33% - 39.41%)

Even with those two attacks, cresselia is not even 2HKO'd

Now, let's look at DDMence (offensive variant) against Cress. It's is true if DDMence had one DD then those number are correct. But first of all, with cress out, it would also be extremely hard for mence to really do anything. In fact, Cresselia's ice beam would actually OHKO the standard DDMence as the standard DDMence usually goes for naive or naughty, and both lower the Sp.Def. Even a neutral natured no sp.ATK EV invested Cress (the standard) will OHKO the standard DDMence with the help of SR as shown:

186 Atk vs 176 Def & 331 HP (95 Base Power): 292 - 344 (88.22% - 103.93%)

if mence dds on the switch than those numbers are right. But if cress is slightly weakened, it would ko. And im not talking about much. Just stealth rock and a nve hit would do it

True but in most cases, Cress would come out the top. Or Steel types coming in on DD'd outrage would be just plain horrible for DDMence or DDNite, though it is pretty common sense that steel types should be dealt with before DDMence or DDNite come in. Eh, I am just saying Salamence pretty much does have a counter that works almost all the time. I just hate how Cress looks though lol. Overgrown pink duck

true. But say it dds on the switch. Kos cress (its taken previous damage) then you switch in a steel. Most steels cant ohko mence, and if it gets two turn outrage, its game over. Im not saying that mence is undefeatable, im just saying it gets two kills on average a game

DDMence would be confused sooner or later in that scenario. And If Cress comes in on SR and DD with 100% HP, once DDMence would not win.

Naive nature: 546 Atk vs 372 Def & 444 HP (120 Base Power): 246 - 289 (55.41% - 65.09%)

Naughty nature: 601 Atk vs 372 Def & 444 HP (120 Base Power): 271 - 319 (61.04% - 71.85%)

This is what will happen if you DD on cresseling switching on Mence.

Mence DD's as Cresselia comes in.
Mence uses outrage on Cresselia and cuts its life by (55.41% - 65.09%) or (61.04% - 71.85%). However, Cresselia is not OHKO'd and ice beams and OHKOs Mence that turn.

That is what's going to have happened if you dd no cress switch
if you have already dd'd on the other hand it's a different story. However, DDMence will also have a problem against stall teams or Bulky Offensive/Defensive teams. While offensive DDMence has the upper hand over DDNite (offensive), DDNites (even the offensive) ones have the movepool that MIGHT help him in certain cases. Salamence does have counters, which with SR stops him from going to UBER tier. Itd be nice though fi it did, then I could use my DDNite (offensive as well) more frequently XD

You forgot life orb. And what calculator did you use?
ok ya got me there and I wasn't thinking when I put those stats in (+def nature for Ryperior sry)

+1 life orb salamence earthquake vs nutreal def nature min hp min der Ryperior:
607 Atk vs 265 Def & 340 HP (100 Base Power): 321 - 378 (94.41% - 111.18%) 58.97% chance to ko.

Better put some investment into that defense lol. Acctually all this talk about ryperior is making me wanna use him. lol.

What about weavile. Some investment into a choice banded

Max atk choice band Weavile ice shard vs Nutreal def nature max def max hp salamence.

558 Atk vs 259 Def & 394 HP (100 Base Power): 300 - 354 (76.14% - 89.85%) interesting.

Hi, on Breloom I'd suggest using Superpower over Mach Punch, as you have SD Lucario covered with Gengar already.

Vaporeon seems a bit out of place, it doesn't really do anything to allow for a Dragonite sweep, so I'm going to suggest the "Steel Killer" Magnezone set. Magnezone resists every type of move that Dragonite is weak to, and Dragonite resists every type of attack that Magnezone is weak to. Even better, Magnezone, using his "Magnet Pull" ability, traps and KOs Skarmory and Bronzong, who would otherwise completely wall your Dragonite.

Hi, on Breloom I'd suggest using Superpower over Mach Punch, as you have SD Lucario covered with Gengar already.

Vaporeon seems a bit out of place, it doesn't really do anything to allow for a Dragonite sweep, so I'm going to suggest the "Steel Killer" Magnezone set. Magnezone resists every type of move that Dragonite is weak to, and Dragonite resists every type of attack that Dragonite is weak to. Even better, Magnezone, using his "Magnet Pull" ability, traps and KOs Skarmory and Bronzong, who would otherwise completely wall your Dragonite.
It certainly seems like a good idea. I'll look into magnezone and get back to ya.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)