How to Stay Calm as You Get Swept: an OU Warstory

Nice Story, good formatting and presentation, your thought process was quite clear.
I was very disappointed by your opponent going straight for the outrage on Kingdra though, I feel this lost him the game when he probably would have swept through everything at this point. There was still an oppurtunity for him to get up to +5/+6, or at least waterfall 'Bro for some initial damage and the possible flinch - I feel his "overly keen" attitude lost him the match right there.
7/10!

I am overjoyed that this warstory has gained mostly favorable responses. Also, I must have overlooked the fact that Kingdra was locked into Outrage and thus couldn't have switched into Blissey even if my opponent had one in store.

Other than that, thanks to everyone for the helpful responses. I hope to find some more entertaining battles soon!

Great Warstory, but I feel that it was lacking at the end. The first turns of the battle with Kingdra vs Slowbro was amazing, but the ending......It was a mere technicality. But good warstory all the same
8.25/10

I want a Shaymin on my team now :)

Rhys DeAnno

Slacking Off
I really liked some of the sets on display here, such as Chesto Kingdra, Defensive CM Celebi, Encore Sub Machamp, various Zapdos, and of course the extremely bulky Slowbro. Alot of these aren't seen that much but have potential for high level OU play. I found this to be an entertaining and educational warstory.

I find Zapdos is one of those pokemon where it is very hard to predict exact EVs (and thus speed) upon seeing a set. The defensive variants have reason to exist outspeeding all manner of things from Adamant Luke to Max +0 Ttar, and apparently even LO sweepers find reasons to not max speed and instead emphasize power or bulk. Zapdos' all around excellent stat spread and typing really let you toggle things quite a bit.

I'm loving all the warstories recently!

Decent battle, my only complaint was your opponent's Kingdra DDing that many times, but Slowbro took it like a man. Comments were good, too.

8/10 and I can't wait for your next one! :P

great warstory with lots of uncommon movesets floating around. i know i like a warstory when i see a team and say "i like that, i should try it" and this was one of those moments. sub-champ for the win! great job.

This is a great warstory! Kept me hooked, had some different movesets in there(that worked) and the comments were great :)

Nice battle on your part and good warstory!im surprised slowbro survived tht outrage. i used one b4 with that annoying dynamic puncher everywhere(but eventually it became setup bait too much)

Nice job analyzing the opponent's thoughts! It was very interesting to read, and it certainly relieves my anxieties about running a more conservative team since I was debating replacing some of my defensive Pokemon for some powerhouses.

I liked to see some rare pokemons, the game and the comments were cool too.
So 8,5/10.
Keep up the good job!

Astounding war-story!!
This was a great game which could have gone either way, and it proved that the right defense can stop even the hardest offense. Slowbro is that sturdy? Never knew that. I might try him out in OU sometime. I learnt a lot from this war-story too as I really shiver when the opponent sets up, not thinking of how to stop the sweep. Hope you get more opportunities to write such war-stories. This one had great commentary and a nice, unexpected turn-around. I really enjoyed this!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)