HUGE problem regarding mega evo transformations and speed stat!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

UnicornDemon

Banned deucer.
I am using pinsir holding pinsirite. My opponent is using charizard holding charizardite.

Pinsir's speed base stat is 85. His mega's speed base stat is 105.

Charizard's speed base stat is 100. His mega's speed base stat is 100.

Both of us have jolly natures and maxed out speed EVs. It is the first turn of battle. We both mega evolve. My mega pinsir uses return while his mega charizard uses dragon claw. Given that mega pinsir has a higher base stat speed than mega charizard, he should attack first. However, this is not the case. Apparently a pokemon's mega evo.'s base speed does not compute until the turn after it mega evolves, meaning that my Pinsir dies to dragon claw.

I'm not sure if this is intentional but it's very disruptive to gameplay and strategy.

Soul Fly

IMMA TEACH YOU WHAT SPLASHIN' MEANS
is a Contributor Alumnus
I am using pinsir holding pinsirite. My opponent is using charizard holding charizardite.

Pinsir's speed base stat is 85. His mega's speed base stat is 105.

Charizard's speed base stat is 100. His mega's speed base stat is 100.

Both of us have jolly natures and maxed out speed EVs. It is the first turn of battle. We both mega evolve. My mega pinsir uses return while his mega charizard uses dragon claw. Given that mega pinsir has a higher base stat speed than mega charizard, he should attack first. However, this is not the case. Apparently a pokemon's mega evo.'s base speed does not compute until the turn after it mega evolves, meaning that my Pinsir dies to dragon claw.

I'm not sure if this is intentional but it's very disruptive to gameplay and strategy.
No that's the correct mechanic. Speeds are retained in the first turn after mega evolution, and the new speeds come in effect only in the next turn.

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
To further elaborate on Soul Fly's point, the reason that the normal form's speed stat is used on the first turn is because the order of the moves was already determined before the mega-evolution. Pinsir's mega-evolution happens after Charizard's (lower speed), and, as a result, Mega-Pinsir attacks after Mega-Charizard-X on turn 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)