1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Humour in analyses

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Banedon, Oct 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Banedon

Banedon

Don't see this discussed anywhere, so serious question: how much humour is allowed in an analysis or article?

For example, can I turn this analysis into a writeup literally, or should the analysis be "encyclopediafied"? Another example: can I refer to Glaceon as a gun and its Blizzards as bullets? What about analyses like this, can I use the same light-hearted style?
  2. Seven Deadly Sins

Seven Deadly Sins ~hallelujah~
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

This isn't the kind of thing that needs a full discussion (just like that last thread where there didn't really need a discussion). Generally there's no real "threshold", and while we're not looking for dry, encyclopedic "just the facts" stuff, don't go overboard. It's ok to splash a little humor in, and we'll let you know if it's over the top. I'd suggest not using either of those examples though.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)